Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

realtalkaz-you probably haven't gotten responses because you haven't posted pics of your girl.
but i'm here to tell ou that white flood only has mild side-effects, such as decreased testosterone, which means smaller weener with increased usage, and it also causes increase in likelihood of prostate cancer.

Spoiler [+]
naw, no sides, i suggest you try Presurge Unleashed though. No crash and sustained energy throughout the day. I'm using myself and I have to say it keeps me alert throughout the day
appreciate it man

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

Originally Posted by hieu23

Do you guys recommend preworkout supplements? Right now I'm only taking whey protein post workout right now. I've been working out since january (3-4 times a week) with just whey and I haven't gained any weight, but I'm really cut now. My boys suggest that I start taking preworkout supplements so i can get alot more out of my workout, but I read online that that stuff isn't good for you...

nerd.gif

Dont bother.

Youre still a novice to exercising.  (...and its not healthy for you)

a lot of them don't tell you the whole truth about like what happens when they enter your body. sometimes they'll benefit you, but doesn't necessarily mean you can't do it without them. you got to increase your daily caloric intake by atleast 1000 calories a day (up from your recommended intake)... and to fully prepare for workouts, just make sure you get enough carbs in you for workouts.... and within the 45 minutes after a workout replace the number of pounds lost with x16oz of water/liquid and make sure you get a good post workout meal in, not just a shake.

gatorad3 - Bro your insane at your height and weight you have absolutly nothing to cut lol at 5 6 n 152 your cutting nothing and not enough mass to show for it. You seriously need to Bulk up a solid 30lbs and once the musles there burning fats so much easier and guranteed your stomach will change for better once you bulk.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

dude brett lookin really good for only 6 months

arms are looking awesome
thanks man. I honestly have to credit the fact ive stopped drinking and also started using cbol after my round of monohydrate.
Those two have showed me the most in terms of progress

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

arms are looking awesome
thanks man. I honestly have to credit the fact ive stopped drinking and also started using cbol after my round of monohydrate.

Good job kid
pimp.gif

start doing things that are weighted such as situps, wood choppers, cable crunches etc.

if ryan reynolds is 6'0, how much would he weigh in that picture???

Originally Posted by dano4o8

I'm having a dilemma right now and not sure how to approach this. i'm 5'10'' 177 lbs. I want to bulk up, but at the same time i'm trying to lose my gut(my jeans are starting to feel tight and i have to unbutton it when i sit sometimes...sigh) lol
I run atleast a mile every other day and on days that I can't I just get on the elliptical machine for 30 mins. any advice here?
frown.gif
Don't trip about the gut. Bulk up first then slim down.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

arms are looking awesome

Good job kid
pimp.gif
AHEM. And the eating of course
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

Originally Posted by hieu23

Do you guys recommend preworkout supplements? Right now I'm only taking whey protein post workout right now. I've been working out since january (3-4 times a week) with just whey and I haven't gained any weight, but I'm really cut now. My boys suggest that I start taking preworkout supplements so i can get alot more out of my workout, but I read online that that stuff isn't good for you...

nerd.gif

Dont bother.

Youre still a novice to exercising.  (...and its not healthy for you)
This. Eat lots (of good stuff) and train hard.

Ryan Reynolds did an insane workout/diet routine for his role in Blade 3. That's how he got buffed up and got cut as hell.

start doing things that are weighted such as situps, wood choppers, cable crunches etc.

if ryan reynolds is 6'0, how much would he weigh in that picture???

My guess is somewhere close to 175-180.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Update pics. It's weird when you can't see the difference yourself, but everyone around you can.
What does your diet consist of?  I'm eating more fruits andveggies, and using more cardio excercises into my lifting routine but the Abs is the Worst to get right
mad.gif

I eat everything put in front of me really. From fast food to salads. I just try to find a balance between the two. 
Hyper Cutter - I wish. Sword fights are super cool. 
laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for the compliments.   

Those guys that are relatively new to lifting and want to gain strength should definitely give Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe a shot. His program is amazingly simple, but provides results that sound absolutely crazy. It just involves the main compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, bench, press, power clean, pull ups) 3x a week. It's not unrealistic to gain 10+ lbs within two months of the program and it provides a great basis for strength. Some of you may want to give it a shot. If not now, then try it out in winter, when you won't worry so much about fat gain.

leg day!

I need to determine my 5 rep max for the 5x5 routine I'm starting (SQUATS). what's the best way to do this and get a great workout as well

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Those guys that are relatively new to lifting and want to gain strength should definitely give Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe a shot. His program is amazingly simple, but provides results that sound absolutely crazy. It just involves the main compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, bench, press, power clean, pull ups) 3x a week. It's not unrealistic to gain 10+ lbs within two months of the program and it provides a great basis for strength. Some of you may want to give it a shot. If not now, then try it out in winter, when you won't worry so much about fat gain.
I've heard alot about this program and mark..
can you provide a link to the routine?

I'm wondering if incorporating some isolation exercises i.e. curls, tricep pull downs, etc on a saturday would mess with the 3 day a week schedule???

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

realtalkaz-you probably haven't gotten responses because you haven't posted pics of your girl.
but i'm here to tell ou that white flood only has mild side-effects, such as decreased testosterone, which means smaller weener with increased usage, and it also causes increase in likelihood of prostate cancer.

Spoiler [+]
naw, no sides, i suggest you try Presurge Unleashed though. No crash and sustained energy throughout the day. I'm using myself and I have to say it keeps me alert throughout the day
You and your damn spoilers, I was gettin ready to go off on you. Never tried pre-surge, but does it contain creatine? 

im new to the thread. don't flame me.

started exercising/working out for my new years resolution. lost about 15-20 lbs so far and feel great. I'm 6-2 205 lbs right now. I've gotten down to where I want to be weight wise but I still have a gut/extra skin when i bend over (nh) to pick something up or sit down and man **** lol. when i stand up i feel/look fine but still want to do something about both these things. Will this go away with time if I stay on my diet and exercise plan? What are good exercises to tone up my midsection and lose the extra fat/skin? Other workouts recommended by looking at the pic i've attached?

my ultimate goal is to be toned up all around. thanks in advance

Spoiler [+]
disregard the mess

PS my workouts consist of mostly cardio, 2-4 miles a day and light weights.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by gatorad3

how long did it take some of you guys to get your squats up to the 300's and deadlift in the 400's and benching in the 200s? . It's been about 10 months since I've started compound lifts and I haven't progressed as much as I'd like in weight in my lifts.

Bench press... 95lbs to 130x5 or 135x3
Squat.. 100lbs to 190 2x5
Deadlift.. 115lbs to 240 2x5

Is it because I've been in a cut the entire time I've been lifting?

D StaxX - Hopefully ONE day I'll be somewhere close to your level lol.

What's your routine like?  How many days do you lift heavy?

I've seen alot of people on here that work out like 5-6 days a week.  It is possible that you are overtraining. 
lol I doubt I'm overtraining.. my workout isn't really much. I try to lift heavy 3 times a week and I only lift 3 times a week.
The only things I'm doing is what I've seen been recommended several times.
Squat 3x6
Bench 3x6 (I try to do 3x6 but the last set usually ends in 4-5 reps)
Deadlift 3x6 ( I only do this once a week on friday. I used to do it 3 times a week but a friend of mine recommended to do it once a week)

and then I do things like:
wide/close grip pull ups  OR wide/close grip lateral pull downs 3x6
cable flyes 3x8
military shoulder press 3x5
bent over row 3x5 (I do this on days I don't deadlift but I've recently stopped doing it because I'm starting to feel pain in my arm from it)

ccobryan173 - you really think I'll look better if I eat more? like around maintenance or 100-200+ cals over?

I'm wondering if incorporating some isolation exercises i.e. curls, tricep pull downs, etc on a saturday would mess with the 3 day a week schedule???
Rippetoe is very well known and respected in weight lifting.
Here's a great write up on it: http://forum.dutchbodybui...-strength-routine-63770/

Originally Posted by cguy610

how long did it take some of you guys to get your squats up to the 300's and deadlift in the 400's and benching in the 200s? . It's been about 10 months since I've started compound lifts and I haven't progressed as much as I'd like in weight in my lifts.

Bench press... 95lbs to 130x5 or 135x3
Squat.. 100lbs to 190 2x5
Deadlift.. 115lbs to 240 2x5

Is it because I've been in a cut the entire time I've been lifting?

D StaxX - Hopefully ONE day I'll be somewhere close to your level lol.

What's your routine like?  How many days do you lift heavy?

I've seen alot of people on here that work out like 5-6 days a week.  It is possible that you are overtraining. 
lol I doubt I'm overtraining.. my workout isn't really much. I try to lift heavy 3 times a week and I only lift 3 times a week.
The only things I'm doing is what I've seen been recommended several times.
Squat 3x6
Bench 3x6 (I try to do 3x6 but the last set usually ends in 4-5 reps)
Deadlift 3x6 ( I only do this once a week on friday. I used to do it 3 times a week but a friend of mine recommended to do it once a week)

and then I do things like:
wide/close grip pull ups  OR wide/close grip lateral pull downs 3x6
cable flyes 3x8
military shoulder press 3x5
bent over row 3x5 (I do this on days I don't deadlift but I've recently stopped doing it because I'm starting to feel pain in my arm from it)

ccobryan173 - you really think I'll look better if I eat more? like around maintenance or 100-200+ cals over?

You are probably overtraining if you are doing almost the same routine all 3 days.  If you work the same muscles 3 days a week, you want to limit your chest/triceps to 1 exercise like bench press and that's it.  Same for the rest of your muscle groups.  Especially if you are doing compound lifts.

So if you are doing full body 3 days a week, you might wanna do just 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of squats, and 3 sets of pull downs, and that's it for your workout.

Originally Posted by JJUVE

^^ how much did you way in the before and after pictures?

me??

fluctuations between 150-155 and now I'm 165
working towards 180 ultimately over a few years.

Rippetoe is very well known and respected in weight lifting.
Here's a great write up on it: http://forum.dutchbodybui...-strength-routine-63770/
thank you!!! im going to start this on monday.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom