Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

so ILLest, how do you feel? I bet your confidence has increased exponentially. Way to put in work though, congrats on the results.

Great work, iLLest.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by rhester

^

I'm going to be working out 3 days a week & taking 150g's of protein powder when I start my routine...

I'll probably end up going a few extra days for cardio & ads...
I hope you're not going to be taking in 150g per workout day on just protein powder. No matter what weight you are, it defeats the whole purpose of a being a dietary "supplement" when chances are you're taking in more protein than you need in general. 
This is the best post I've see you post, keakdasneak, er I mean keepsdasneaks.

Anyway, jury duty might throw my routine off. I hope that doesn't happen. I would hate to have to gym it up with the 5o'clockers.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by iLLest

I finally decided to take some progress pics today. This is from Nov. 30th 2009 - May 2nd 2010. It was not a consistent 5 months to say the least. I was on and off for a while. Partying and drinking bad a lot of the times. But for the most part I put in the work I needed. Never gave up. Stayed pushing. Worked out 5 days a week starting January 17th I believe? 1 muscle a day and cardio on all days. Just recently I have given up drinking, smoking and am now on a very clean diet and workout routine so I look forward to my future results. Anyways here they are.
November 30th 2009

Front

Spoiler [+]

Back

Spoiler [+]

May 2nd 2010

Front

Spoiler [+]

Back

Spoiler [+]

Bonus Douche Bag Picture

Spoiler [+]

iLLest!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good job man!

Care to share your workout regimen and cardio regimen?

What you eat and your total calories a day?
DAmn, good $#%^ illest. Thats good. a bet you feel good dontcha
pimp.gif

Anyone who takes no-xplod should try switching to Jack3d. No extra supplements and "stuff" added. A "cleaner" pre-workout supplement without the explosion. Puts you in that zone without feeling shaky or jittery.

I've taken NO-Xplod and not knocking but, I've used it for about 2 months and recently switched over. Don't get me wrong I feel like I've gotten huge gains with it.
My bench max is now 225 compared to 185 2 months ago. Nowhere to go but up.

If i'm trying to stay in shape.. does it make a difference if I drink Beer or Liquor (with a diet mixer). The calories are about the same, but besides that is there a difference?

Why do people assume that losing fat and building muscle are incompatible? Don't you burn more calories while weightlifting than you do when doing a standard cardio routine? I always thought it was most effective to do both when trying to lose fat. People also need to stop worrying about how much protein they're taking in. Most people get over 100g of protein in their diets, which is enough, especially for people who have no intentions of being massive. There's no need to be taking 200+ grams of protein unless you're huge, and there really is no reason to use protein powders. To the person who asked if he could still drink liquor, alcohol inhibits protein synthesis and obviously damages your liver so if you want to stay in shape I would say to stop drinking or at least drink in moderation. If you're going to drink, you may as well just drink, adding something to it won't change anything. The calories are not as damaging as the alcohol itself is to your body.

^

I'm going to be working out 3 days a week & taking 150g's of protein powder when I start my routine...

I hope you're not going to be taking in 150g per workout day on just protein powder. No matter what weight you are, it defeats the whole purpose of a being a dietary "supplement" when chances are you're taking in more protein than you need in general. 
This is the whole diet, I'll be doing it everyday...

Dave Palumbo Diet

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": :nerd:z chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": :nerd:z Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

^

This is the whole diet, I'll be doing it everyday...

Dave Palumbo Diet

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": :nerd:z chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": :nerd:z Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

RIP to your kidneys. That much Protein is just OD.

i wouldnt do that diet, there are plenty ways to lose fat without ketosis. the majority of people that use keto are doing contest prep, and are not sustaining that type of eating...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by lebrady23

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I used to read this thread a lot but I haven't been in here in a while so if this has been said before sorry. But I'm 16 playing basketball and football maybe a little over 6' and weigh about 163 pounds I lift and workout regularly and have for a while and I'm getting stronger but I can't gain weight at all. So I talked to a couple guys in football and they suggested me to get protien powder with weight gain in it cause I didn't wanna get straight weight gainer so I was wondering what are some good brands of that cause I really don't know what to look for
Expensive powders aren't meant to replace food. Just eat real food. Nuts, oils, smoothies, etc. Whatever way you need to get in more calories. Most people that "can't gain weight" just don't eat enough to actually gain weight.

I understand it doesn't take the place of food but i don't take any protein right now as in powder or anything so i thought if i was going to get some i thought it might as well have some weight gainer too because of what im trying to do
But why do you feel you NEED to take a powder form of protein?
welllll...i dont really know haha i just thought that it was an easy way to get a lot of protein and im not taking any right now but what youre saying is it isnt necessary?

I used to read this thread a lot but I haven't been in here in a while so if this has been said before sorry. But I'm 16 playing basketball and football maybe a little over 6' and weigh about 163 pounds I lift and workout regularly and have for a while and I'm getting stronger but I can't gain weight at all. So I talked to a couple guys in football and they suggested me to get protien powder with weight gain in it cause I didn't wanna get straight weight gainer so I was wondering what are some good brands of that cause I really don't know what to look for
Expensive powders aren't meant to replace food. Just eat real food. Nuts, oils, smoothies, etc. Whatever way you need to get in more calories. Most people that "can't gain weight" just don't eat enough to actually gain weight.

I understand it doesn't take the place of food but i don't take any protein right now as in powder or anything so i thought if i was going to get some i thought it might as well have some weight gainer too because of what im trying to do
welllll...i dont really know haha i just thought that it was an easy way to get a lot of protein and im not taking any right now but what youre saying is it isnt necessary?

Add up all the protein you're already getting from your diet and start from there.

That being said, I've actually fallen off of the protein powder bandwagon.  I used to be a shake fanatic--now I just buy gallons of chocolate milk.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Add up all the protein you're already getting from your diet and start from there.

That being said, I've actually fallen off of the protein powder bandwagon.  I used to be a shake fanatic--now I just buy gallons of chocolate milk.
Milk! SO underrated. I keep that milk on deck!

I am still kinda funny about how I feel about grown humans consuming milk from another animal. The whole concept always was weird to me. I have slowed down a lot. But I love Special K and all of its different flavors.

Trying not to consume any meat for a month and will spike up my veggie intake.

For protein I will consume many beans even though they were already a staple in my diet.

I am really not stuck on the whole, "I must get X amount of protein per day."

1. I don't even count at all. Couldn't be further from my mind.
2. I am satisfied where I am cosmetically and cardiovascular wise.
3. Just don't care honestly. I do but it isn't a major issue for me.

I actually managed to deadlift 4 45 plates on the last work out. It went like 2x45 plates 10 reps (warm up), 2x45 + 2x25 10 reps, 4x45 10 reps, 4x45 6 reps (my grip was weakening so I had to lower it down a level), 2x45 + 2x25 8 reps. Does anybody have tips to help with my grips on deadlifts? I find my grip dying out before my actual back does. I'm sure I could manage more reps with 2 plates on each side if my grip would just be stronger.

Originally Posted by iLLest

I finally decided to take some progress pics today. This is from Nov. 30th 2009 - May 2nd 2010. It was not a consistent 5 months to say the least. I was on and off for a while. Partying and drinking bad a lot of the times. But for the most part I put in the work I needed. Never gave up. Stayed pushing. Worked out 5 days a week starting January 17th I believe? 1 muscle a day and cardio on all days. Just recently I have given up drinking, smoking and am now on a very clean diet and workout routine so I look forward to my future results. Anyways here they are.
November 30th 2009

Front

Spoiler [+]

Back

Spoiler [+]

May 2nd 2010

Front

Spoiler [+]

Back

Spoiler [+]

Bonus Douche Bag Picture

Spoiler [+]

iLLest!
Congrats on the progress man. I bet gettin off the cigs and liquor make you feel real fresh. How does your routine look like? 
For my fitness heads in general, how often do you workout a week? I find that if I work out or play sports 5 times out of the week, my body becomes very tired to the point of needing naps and such. I usually go to the gym 2x a week and stay at the handball courts 2x a week as well. 

When is it a good time to do abs? How long before/after a meal?

I get very paranoid when it comes to working out my abs. I feel like if I have a good workout, but then eat a meal afterward, then the workout has gone to waste.

you should be eating after a workout, just keep it healthy if youd like to be lean

just train abs with your other muscles 1-2 days out the week

doesnt matter really

Finished Day 1 of p90x this morning. been doing it for the past 2 months but i was kind of inconsistent towards the end of month 2 so i decided to fully restart it over and dedicate myself more to the workouts and diet. im 6'0 at 180lbs with about 20% body fat. goal is to get lean muscle and rid myself of my mid section fat. so hopefully ill end up at 165lbs with single digit body fat percentage. what do you guys think of this diet? Am i taking in enough calories or am i missing anything that i should throw into my diet?

Breakfast - cherrios + skim milk, recovery drink (workout in morning)
morning snack - yogurt + almonds
lunch - subway(chicken breast sandwiches on wheat) + baked lays
afternoon snack - cottage cheese + peanut butter on 1 slice of whole wheat + protein shake
dinner - chicken breast, serving of veggies, brown rice, salad

Breast milk? is it any good? might have to hit up a pregnant female for the sample.

I ALWAYS have 4L of choco and 4L of white milk in my fridge. probably 8 cups a day

Back
Top Bottom