Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is a low calorie protien supplement for someone trying to shed excess fat and get lean. On my last 10-15lbs and yet to include any supplements

a protein supp is the last thing you would need when shedding fat and getting lean.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Can you take creatine on a cut?

I'd say no. Creatine=big time water retention=not a cut look you're lookin for.

Originally Posted by patsilog55

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by gatorad3

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
I was thinking about doing something like what youre trying to Durden since I'm so into diet and exercise and stuff from losing weight but then I remember taking that nutrition class last year and that class was pretty boring.. learning about how amino acids and stuff work and learning all these body parts and axons and blah blah blah. I don't know what I'm trying to do as a career or major yet

Is it that it was boring or was it too confusing?

Dont worry about what youre trying to do as a career yet.  Find something youre curious about and follow it.

i have a question. i recently lost a considerable amount of weight in ashort period of time. im concerned about a possibility of having excessskin. anyone have any suggestions to avoid this problem or help solveit? thanks in advance.
How much in what time frame?
no joke like 40 lbs in 4 weeks. i was somewhat athletic in high school but once wrestling season ended 3 years ago its been bad from there. although in the last month i decided to work out and diet properly again. although the idea of  excess skin grosses me out and i want to steer cleear from that. 

Wow! How did you lose so much?

so what supps help you cut? ive been bulking over the winter and now i wanna start cutting. bulked up so much my cheeks are getting chubby
laugh.gif

You can use creatine during a cut as it will help retain strength while being on a caloric deficit. If you get bloating while on it, which i don't, then I would reconsider it.
Low calorie protein would probably have to be whey isolates.

Side note: Are the "Beach bods" people invading your gym yet? Went around 3 pm yesterday and saw soo many tank tops doing curls. Good thing it was legs day for me. Both squat rack were open and breezed through back squats and ended with some front. I really want that 'tear drop' on my quads.

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

You can use creatine during a cut as it will help retain strength while being on a caloric deficit. If you get bloating while on it, which i don't, then I would reconsider it.
Low calorie protein would probably have to be whey isolates.

Side note: Are the "Beach bods" people invading your gym yet? Went around 3 pm yesterday and saw soo many tank tops doing curls. Good thing it was legs day for me. Both squat rack were open and breezed through back squats and ended with some front. I really want that 'tear drop' on my quads.
I've seen a few.
laugh.gif
Dudes doing deadlifts wrong, DB shrugs right in front of the mirror, doing 15+ sets of bench, etc. It's a good thing they don't go to the squat racks
Shaq DIESEL 34 wrote:
rck2sactown wrote:
DubA169 said:
what is a low calorie protien supplement for someone trying to shed excess fat and get lean. On my last 10-15lbs and yet to include any supplements

a protein supp is the last thing you would need when shedding fat and getting lean.

Are you sure? I take GNC Whey Protein which has 120 Calories (1.5G of Fat) and 20 Grams of Protein. Drinking one of these and you feel full longer without adding many calories or fat. I'm not positive, but it's been working for me, and makes sense.
Many people find it hard to feel satisfied after drinking anything. I know that's how it is for me and quite a few other people. I'd rather stick with whole foods because they'll leave your feeling satiated for longer. 

im 5'10 and about 180. im trying to get down to 150....would working out work for me and or do i need to incorporate a low calorie diet as well?

Yep..
I saw an older guy doing about 8 variations of curls. I actually felt bad for him. An older dude with little to no understanding, so he just goes off what the norm is for the younger crowd. i.e. curls and bench.

Literally, DB, BB, Cables, Preachers... ALL in bad form.
I wanted to take him aside and teach him that the bicep only accounts for 1/3 of the arm size so if he wants bigger arms he should be wasting his time on triceps if anything
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Im not going for a cut look right now I just have 15-20 more lbs to loose. But I also lift heavy to gain mass. If I take creatine to help me to keep lifting heavy but not something that would bloat me

why is it that if you are trying to get lean, that a protein supplement is the last thing that you would need? ive been working out for quite a while, but its always great to get some new knowledge. thanks in advance for the heads up

I disagree...The best "natural" cut ive ever had was with Cell-Tech (creatine) where I had veins popping thru my abs.
I had no water retention what so ever. But everyone is different. I encourage people to try themselves to see how they react.

How long do you guys go on the eliptical for with HIIT? I've been going for 20-25 mins 5 min warm-up 30 sec sprints 1 min rest rinse and repeat at 10 resistances.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Yep..
I saw an older guy doing about 8 variations of curls. I actually felt bad for him. An older dude with little to no understanding, so he just goes off what the norm is for the younger crowd. i.e. curls and bench.

Literally, DB, BB, Cables, Preachers... ALL in bad form.
I wanted to take him aside and teach him that the bicep only accounts for 1/3 of the arm size so if he wants bigger arms he should be wasting his time on triceps if anything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
There is this new group of females (3) that have been coming into the gym this week. They all get on the elliptical, super slow pace, talk, and watch Maury for 30 mins. I swear I want to pull folks aside and help them out but folks already assume I am a trainer now because I am always focused and doing some off the wall ab exercises.

Had a few females ask me can I train them, I just told them I am not a trainer. And I direct them to the gym owner. I need to get my work done, I don't have time to help those other people out.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

I disagree...The best "natural" cut ive ever had was with Cell-Tech (creatine) where I had veins popping thru my abs.
I had no water retention what so ever. But everyone is different. I encourage people to try themselves to see how they react.

I was gonna say the same thing.. With C-Bol, my veins are garden hoses from just resting my arm on the desk at school.
laugh.gif

I didn't see any water retention, then again I wouldn't know the difference. I haven't changed in weight since I started, really.
To my understanding it was when creatine first arrived that water retention was an issue. It has come along way since then.

right now i feel like eating myself into a massive monster
grin.gif

nahmean fantasies of me living fat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you know? become a humungous herb that no-one cares about or wouldn't even notice... 
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

workout 4 days out of the week with weights and 2 days running.

what special running workout can i do to lose some stomach fat ? Can i do the HIT running workout?

You can't do any special workout to burn "stomach fat." When you burn fat, it will burn collectively throughout your body. 
I've been using this method since the start of May (training for half marathon) and was able to drop 21 pounds.
I workout 6 days a weeks with 3 days running.
Workout days will consist of 

Day 1- Chest/Biceps 

Day 2 -Back/Triceps - Interval running

Day 3 - Shoulders 

Day 4 - Legs  - Short distance run.

Day 5 - Spartacus routine from Men's fitness but 5 execerises instead of 10.

Day 6 -  Abs and long distance run

1 day is my long run - 7-9 miles.

1 day is a short/recovery run - 2-4 miles.

1 day of interval running - Treadmill - 1 min running at 8.5 then down to 5.5. Repeat this for 20 mins.

I'll also do 3 days of elliptical for 28 mins and bicycle for 25 mins in the evening.
thanks for all the help first of all.
My running days are on saturday and sunday. So would it be a good idea to do the long distance on saturday and a HIT (jog at level 6 for 30 sec and then run at level 8.5 for a min)?
If you're doing two days of running try to separate your runs by 2 days; gives you time to recover. 
I was doing consecutive days of running and was constantly suffering from shin splits.

If you only need 30 secs to recover, go for it but I would recommend 1 minute if you're going to do 20 min intervals.

chewtoy or someone who works out with high intensity....

got a question... long one

Spoiler [+]
for the past (almost) year or so.... ive been working out with fairly low intensity... being at the gym for 2+ hours ftl...

put on a decent amount of mass and strength,

this past week ive cut my workouts to 45 min-1 hour... high intensity, high rep... low weight

i rest 30 seconds between each set and go straight to the next exercise...

i sweat like crazy, and it feels great, just very hard on me.

my diet has been the same... and i do no cardio

i plan on working out this way for about 6-9 more weeks.

NOW, my question is.

will i lose a lot of strength doing this? (no cardio btw)

because I feeeelll soo weak. like literally... i had to drop from doing 180 pounds (5 reps) on incline to 120 pounds(10-12 with low rest). (dumbell)

before i used to wait minutes between each set.
eyes.gif
yeah i know

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.

I was gonna say the same thing.. With C-Bol, my veins are garden hoses from just resting my arm on the desk at school.
laugh.gif

I didn't see any water retention, then again I wouldn't know the difference. I haven't changed in weight since I started, really.
To my understanding it was when creatine first arrived that water retention was an issue. It has come along way since then.

Veins being enlarged really doesnt have a correlation with water retention.

Doesnt cell-tech has a vasodilator in it as well?  Creatine wont make veins enlarged either.

Creatine is still essentially the same product that it was a long time ago.  It still reacts the same way it used to.  There really isnt a way to scientifically improve creatine without altering the product and changing what it is.

QFT. Personally, my body sucks with creatine
laugh.gif
thats why I went with no. But definitely experiment and find out for yourself. There are plenty of cheap monohydrate creatines out there that u really can't go wrong with.

my veins are garden hoses from just resting my arm on the desk at school

speaking of garden hose veins, why is it that my fore arms are straight brolic, i mean they are absolutely BROLIC, when im just chillin at my desk (like u said) but my bi veins are just barely poppin.... whats up with that?

PS deltoid veins are starting to pop
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

chewtoy or someone who works out with high intensity....

got a question... long one

Spoiler [+]
for the past (almost) year or so.... ive been working out with fairly low intensity... being at the gym for 2+ hours ftl...

put on a decent amount of mass and strength,

this past week ive cut my workouts to 45 min-1 hour... high intensity, high rep... low weight

i rest 30 seconds between each set and go straight to the next exercise...

i sweat like crazy, and it feels great, just very hard on me.

my diet has been the same... and i do no cardio

i plan on working out this way for about 6-9 more weeks.

NOW, my question is.

will i lose a lot of strength doing this? (no cardio btw)

because I feeeelll soo weak. like literally... i had to drop from doing 180 pounds (5 reps) on incline to 120 pounds(10-12 with low rest). (dumbell)

before i used to wait minutes between each set.
eyes.gif
yeah i know

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.
To me it depletes a bit of strength, yeah. I was on that workout for a while before I switched to the 5x5 I've started doing now. 

QFT. Personally, my body sucks with creatine
laugh.gif
thats why I went with no. But definitely experiment and find out for yourself. There are plenty of cheap monohydrate creatines out there that u really can't go wrong with.

my veins are garden hoses from just resting my arm on the desk at school

speaking of garden hose veins, why is it that my fore arms are straight brolic, i mean they are absolutely BROLIC, when im just chillin at my desk (like u said) but my bi veins are just barely poppin.... whats up with that?

PS deltoid veins are starting to pop
pimp.gif

Fluid systems. Chances are your upper arms are either at or above heart level while your rested fore-arms are below it while on the desk. Blood then pools more in your forearms thus giving it that swelled look. If you pay attention to your arms while they're hanging on your side it does the same thing as well. Veins will start poppin up like crazy on your hands. 

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

why is it that if you are trying to get lean, that a protein supplement is the last thing that you would need? ive been working out for quite a while, but its always great to get some new knowledge. thanks in advance for the heads up
 I like MuscleGaugeNutrion the most. You can buy 5lbs of MGN whey isolate (103Cal/25g of protein) for $35. It is legit as well they have their COA on their website. Too buy MGN is tough though if your not in the States, you can purchase it from their online store or eBay.

however you really don't need such a pure source of protein I  only bought them because I found a great deal, I would recommend finding a "premium blend" of whey concentrate/isolate

Originally Posted by EnergeeGod

right now i feel like eating myself into a massive monster
grin.gif

nahmean fantasies of me living fat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you know? become a humungous herb that no-one cares about or wouldn't even notice... 
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
You high dawg?

I wish my military press would increase week to week like my deadlift does..
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom