Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is a low calorie protien supplement for someone trying to shed excess fat and get lean. On my last 10-15lbs and yet to include any supplements

a protein supp is the last thing you would need when shedding fat and getting lean.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Can you take creatine on a cut?

I'd say no. Creatine=big time water retention=not a cut look you're lookin for.
why is it that if you are trying to get lean, that a protein supplement is the last thing that you would need? ive been working out for quite a while, but its always great to get some new knowledge. thanks in advance for the heads up
Personally, I usually always stay pretty lean even when on creatine I think diet has more of an effect, but when I did cut I stopped using it. I always stay on protein though.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by EnergeeGod

right now i feel like eating myself into a massive monster
grin.gif

nahmean fantasies of me living fat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you know? become a humungous herb that no-one cares about or wouldn't even notice... 
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
You high dawg?

I wish my military press would increase week to week like my deadlift does..
grin.gif
Try doing more core workouts and overhead lifts. Snatch and overhead squat. When I started to incorporate those into my normal routine my military press shot up pretty high.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

chewtoy or someone who works out with high intensity....

got a question... long one

Spoiler [+]
for the past (almost) year or so.... ive been working out with fairly low intensity... being at the gym for 2+ hours ftl...

put on a decent amount of mass and strength,

this past week ive cut my workouts to 45 min-1 hour... high intensity, high rep... low weight

i rest 30 seconds between each set and go straight to the next exercise...

i sweat like crazy, and it feels great, just very hard on me.

my diet has been the same... and i do no cardio

i plan on working out this way for about 6-9 more weeks.

NOW, my question is.

will i lose a lot of strength doing this? (no cardio btw)

because I feeeelll soo weak. like literally... i had to drop from doing 180 pounds (5 reps) on incline to 120 pounds(10-12 with low rest). (dumbell)

before i used to wait minutes between each set.
eyes.gif
yeah i know

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.

Of course you'll lose a bit of strength if you train exclusively this way, since you're not training in the strength rep range (1-6ish).

anyone know what I can do to make my diet more cleaner?

I'm still tryna get rid of this fat around my stomach.

this is what I eat:

Meal 1
2 slices turkey bacon
4 egg whites
1 whole wheat bread toasted

Meal 2
Protein Shake (pre workout)

Meal 3
4 oz Tilapia Loin w/ Lemon
1 cup Mixed Veggies (Frozen brocoolli or cauliflower)

Meal 4
Protein Shake (after workout)

Meal 5
6 oz tuna can (drained)
1/2 teaspoon of mayo
1 whole wheat bread toasted

Meal 6
4 oz Chicken Breast
1 cup Mixed veggies
OR
1 cup of Brown Rice

Meal 7
Protein Shake

Try a pre-workout for those presses.

Yea man, get fat so I can stay off the radar you know?
Some quiet in my life.
Life's overrated... Smh

From freshman year 07 (200lbs) 5'8" - started doing 4 day lift weeks since jan 1st 2010
Spoiler [+]

junior year (160-165) lost almost 35lbs from a change of diet and being super active, running during the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

jan 2010
Spoiler [+]

today
Spoiler [+]

Breakfast 9:30 AM
4 eggs (2 yolks)
cup of orange juice
fish oil

11AM-2PM
banana
orange/apple/pear (one of those)
bag of strawberries
bag of almonds
turkey or ham sandwich + lettuce + organic ketchup + dijon on 100% wheat or double fiber muffin

before 5PM (pre workout)
serving of nonfat organic yogurt + small box of berries (rotate through blue/black/red)

after workout
50g isoprotein shake
ckn breast + veggies
1 serving of 100% wheat or double fiber muffin
fish oil pill

Stay hydrated all day with water/tea/coffee, hows this sounding so far? (almost done with my first bucket of isopure protein of 7.5lbs)

i'm 5'9" and 195... i got a gut (damn you college) and i need to get in shape asap.. so far from what ive read great tips on here.. i need to start doing more cardio and eating right

Looking into creatine now..

Might do cellmass.. and pre-workout jack3d or N.O Xplod..

I eat, but it just doesnt work.

^cellmass is overpriced crap
laugh.gif
any monohydrate creatine will do the trick
wink.gif

How much muscle will someone build if they exclusive used INTENSITY and never lifted. Intensity doesn't use weights at all.

Do you mean Insanity?

I did it for the 60 days and put on a little bit, mostly shoulders and legs.
I'm doing it for another round, but also lifting 3 days a week this time around.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

i'm 5'9" and 195... i got a gut (damn you college) and i need to get in shape asap.. so far from what ive read great tips on here.. i need to start doing more cardio and eating right

do it! last july i was 205 and i'm 5'6". today i'm at 185 and unfortunately still 5'6". i didnt start seeing real results until i cleaned my diet. i was running and lifting on a regular schedule so i atleast got my strength up, i probably got about 10 lbs of fat i need to lose from my gut, love handles, and thighs for me to be satisfied. dont think i'll ever get a six pack, i just wanna look presentable at the beach.  

Had an awful workout last night, was realy weak and sluggish. Hopefully just by-product of not much sleep the night before and a long stressful day at work.

So, I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Thing is, I actually have a legit excuse.

I got a job (finally). Problem is, I'm working the graveyard shift (Midnight-8:30 AM). Has anyone ever worked this shift before, and if so, how did you handle sleeping/eating/gym? I need to get back in there since I broke 200 lbs. on my squat for reps and found myself jumping a bit higher. I played some ball yesterday and found I'm probably gonna need another 5-6 inches on my vertical to dunk.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

I disagree...The best "natural" cut ive ever had was with Cell-Tech (creatine) where I had veins popping thru my abs.
I had no water retention what so ever. But everyone is different. I encourage people to try themselves to see how they react.

So what's the real answer...

it it better to stay off creatine on a cut? and btw cell-tech is
sick.gif

fantasies of a me livin' fat
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

I disagree...The best "natural" cut ive ever had was with Cell-Tech (creatine) where I had veins popping thru my abs.
I had no water retention what so ever. But everyone is different. I encourage people to try themselves to see how they react.

So what's the real answer...

it it better to stay off creatine on a cut? and btw cell-tech is
sick.gif

fantasies of a me livin' fat
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Stop with that nonsense... I used to be obese as a kid and last night I sprung up from a nightmare where I was once again obese and balding. That #+*@ was not the business. I rather face these hunger pangs from not eating past a certain hour than to binge and suffer from the instant gratification of junk put in my system. 

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans
diet is mad clean....

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

just keep it going and you'll gradually get the results you want.

back to heavy next week then

might as well finish this week doing high intensity

Some quiet in my life.
Life's overrated... Smh

WHAT?

Originally Posted by saxman2112

So, I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Thing is, I actually have a legit excuse.

I got a job (finally). Problem is, I'm working the graveyard shift (Midnight-8:30 AM). Has anyone ever worked this shift before, and if so, how did you handle sleeping/eating/gym? I need to get back in there since I broke 200 lbs. on my squat for reps and found myself jumping a bit higher. I played some ball yesterday and found I'm probably gonna need another 5-6 inches on my vertical to dunk.
Wait, what? is graveyard shift your excuse?

Sorry man.. did that !%%* for a few years after highschool. Working 4PM-6AM (14 hours). I wouls sleep from 6:30am -1:tongue:M and workout from 2:30-3:30 before i headed to work

No life, and that !%%* KILLED my body.
laugh.gif
but working eight hours a day.. find a 24 hours gym and throw down for an hour or two before work.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Some quiet in my life.
Life's overrated... Smh

WHAT?

did he mean a pre-workout supp?

anyways, what's a snatch

^ lean meats?

for those posting their diets in here...

Do you guys know the amount of calories your actually consuming eating what you are? It may be fine for your goals, but to me they look really low.

Back
Top Bottom