Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

^ lift and eat

laugh.gif
Thats' really all it is..

sick.gif
sick.gif
1100 calories. I'm already feeling dead on a daily basis when eating 1500 cals.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread about the guy on BB.com who was doin 800 cals a day with PSMF
sick.gif

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

i'm 5'9" and 195... i got a gut (damn you college) and i need to get in shape asap.. so far from what ive read great tips on here.. i need to start doing more cardio and eating right

do it! last july i was 205 and i'm 5'6". today i'm at 185 and unfortunately still 5'6". i didnt start seeing real results until i cleaned my diet. i was running and lifting on a regular schedule so i atleast got my strength up, i probably got about 10 lbs of fat i need to lose from my gut, love handles, and thighs for me to be satisfied. dont think i'll ever get a six pack, i just wanna look presentable at the beach.  
thanks for the words of inspiration.. same here i just wanna shed the gut im not trying to get the 6 pack.. just look more fit in general

I dont have all the stuff to do the p90 but I utilize some of the workouts at home like the ab ripper. It's a good 15 minute workout.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

sick.gif
sick.gif

I mentioned this earlier in this thread about the guy on BB.com who was doin 800 cals a day with PSMF
sick.gif

Yea man. When i started dieting I was around there(not on purpose) and always felt lethargic.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
Hmm....

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by saxman2112

So, I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Thing is, I actually have a legit excuse.

I got a job (finally). Problem is, I'm working the graveyard shift (Midnight-8:30 AM). Has anyone ever worked this shift before, and if so, how did you handle sleeping/eating/gym? I need to get back in there since I broke 200 lbs. on my squat for reps and found myself jumping a bit higher. I played some ball yesterday and found I'm probably gonna need another 5-6 inches on my vertical to dunk.
Wait, what? is graveyard shift your excuse?

Sorry man.. did that !%%* for a few years after highschool. Working 4PM-6AM (14 hours). I wouls sleep from 6:30am -1:tongue:M and workout from 2:30-3:30 before i headed to work

No life, and that !%%* KILLED my body.
laugh.gif
but working eight hours a day.. find a 24 hours gym and throw down for an hour or two before work.
I work graveyards right now, 10pm - 6:30am. 
To make it work you just have to set your routine. Plan the day out meticulously, meals, snacks, workouts, whatever else.
It definitely takes some getting used to though.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by EnergeeGod

Try a pre-workout for those presses.

Yea man, get fat so I can stay off the radar you know?
Some quiet in my life.
Life's overrated... Smh

WHAT?

did he mean a pre-workout supp?

anyways, what's a snatch

aca35a534a607c81a7fd481fd85d8aedf6c1a1c_r.png

snatch.jpg

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

What are some good Multi-Vitamins?

My nutrition professor always told us to buy costco (kirkland) brand, since they are basically all the same.

I've been cutting my calorie intake for the pass 2 weeks, pretty clean eating. Except on Saturdays, sometimes (when I chill with the fam). Add on lifting and some cardio which I normally do and I'm seeing some progress. It's the diet that's helping. Trying to see better results by Memorial day, if not, by end of the term.

Kashi cereal doesn't taste like cardboard to me, it's good. Get the honey almond flax, delicious.

Got back from the gym not too long ago as well. Arms day and nailed it, did some calf raises and leg presses cause I can't squat...my left knee won't allow it.

STAY MOTIVATED DUDES!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've losted 20 pounds! from 215 down to 195. The thing is I gained back about 5 pounds..... I started a new clean diet and have lost 7 pounds in about 3 days
laugh.gif
is it possibly to keep that weight loss??? Im back to about 193ish
pimp.gif

its been two weeks so far, the first week needed adjustment as I actually gained weight but the second week i lost 4 pounds.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've losted 20 pounds! from 215 down to 195. The thing is I gained back about 5 pounds..... I started a new clean diet and have lost 7 pounds in about 3 days
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Well it's most definitely not all fat...I'd say it has a lot to do with water retention. So there is no way possible to keep it off indefinitely unless you keep these alterations to your diet permanent, along with whatever you've been doing as far as exercising. 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Well it's most definitely not all fat...I'd say it has a lot to do with water retention. So there is no way possible to keep it off indefinitely unless you keep these alterations to your diet permanent, along with whatever you've been doing as far as exercising. 

Well the past 3 days I've lifted in the mornings, then the first night I played 2 hours of tennis, the next night 2 hours of volleyball, then the night after I played another 2 hours of bball; all while only taking in 1500-2000 cals. Im sure it was just mostly water weight though.

Originally Posted by iLLest

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
How the hell did you do it bro? I work out HARD every damn day. Put in OVERTIME work. Eat right and don't treat myself and STAY at 190. CAN'T lose a single pound for the life of me.
iLLest!
Word, and when i do eat extra, like i am now(eating a bowl of coco puffs,no milk; +already eaten breakfast) i just work 2x harder at the gym, jumping jacks,rope,etc.
I think it's more mental thing for me, because I feel the need to do more; as a result, of me eating more, like a drive.
laugh.gif

Considering all the athletes that smoke (amateur and professional).. Is it a safe assumption that weed doesn't mess with your gains if you still hit the gym regularly??

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Considering all the athletes that smoke (amateur and professional).. Is it a safe assumption that weed doesn't mess with your gains if you still hit the gym regularly??

You should be fine.  I actually find weed to be 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 when mixed with another pre-workout stimulant.  

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

You forget those dudes are pretty much worked into the ground. They probably burn upwards of 5000 calories during a practice as well. No way a dude who regularly hits the gym works as half as hard as a pro athlete. So I would even try to compare the two.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Kashi cereal doesn't taste like cardboard to me, it's good. Get the honey almond flax, delicious. 
Depends on which flavor you get. Some are cool, others I wouldn't deal with. A few months ago I had a few $3.50 off 1 box of Kashi coupons, so I pretty much got 5+ boxes for free. It was cool while it lasted but I don't think I would buy any more. I eat Special K for the most part when I do need a sugary fix. Special K is sooooooooo good.

Originally Posted by iLLest

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
How the hell did you do it bro? I work out HARD every damn day. Put in OVERTIME work. Eat right and don't treat myself and STAY at 190. CAN'T lose a single pound for the life of me.
iLLest!
1) be confident in the program and diet that you are pursuing. This takes alot of reading from different sources. Educate yourself.
2) don't spin your wheels. Think like a fast car. If you punch it in first, drop the clutch and full acceleration you just going to do a burn out, and loose the race. Work HARD but make sure to get rest and alot of sleep
3) stick with it, it won't happen over night

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by saxman2112

So, I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Thing is, I actually have a legit excuse.

I got a job (finally). Problem is, I'm working the graveyard shift (Midnight-8:30 AM). Has anyone ever worked this shift before, and if so, how did you handle sleeping/eating/gym? I need to get back in there since I broke 200 lbs. on my squat for reps and found myself jumping a bit higher. I played some ball yesterday and found I'm probably gonna need another 5-6 inches on my vertical to dunk.
Wait, what? is graveyard shift your excuse?

Sorry man.. did that !%%* for a few years after highschool. Working 4PM-6AM (14 hours). I wouls sleep from 6:30am -1:tongue:M and workout from 2:30-3:30 before i headed to work

No life, and that !%%* KILLED my body.
laugh.gif
but working eight hours a day.. find a 24 hours gym and throw down for an hour or two before work.
I work graveyards right now, 10pm - 6:30am. 
To make it work you just have to set your routine. Plan the day out meticulously, meals, snacks, workouts, whatever else.
It definitely takes some getting used to though.
Yeah, no kidding.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  I'm planning my new meal times out right now, and I've figured that the best time for me to hit the gym is right after I wake up when I get home from work (somewhere between 2-5 PM).  Now, let's see if this routine actually, you know, works.

Also, a tip for those of you who hate brown rice and the fact that it takes 35 minutes to make....sweet potatoes.  I just bought some cans from the store the other day--best decision I ever made.

Back
Top Bottom