Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Also, a tip for those of you who hate brown rice and the fact that it takes 35 minutes to make....sweet potatoes.  I just bought some cans from the store the other day--best decision I ever made.

I couldn't mess with canned sweet potatoes. I like 'em fresh. You can bake them or steam them. They don't take that long to make either.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Can anyone recommend a shoe that helps with shin splints?

Suffered with severe shin splints when I was playing college ball. I wore neoprene sleeves over them and it helped out a lot. Trying different shoes never worked.

i work 70-90 hrs a week so going to the gym is definently a struggle... however i played football in college so it's kind of ingrained in me to go. I feel really out of shape now tho... imma have to take pics for motivation.

I successfully shed 30lbs since February, and now I'm looking to add weight training in with my hour+ cardio that I do every day.

The guy at GNC recommended Jack3d and today is my second day using it and I love it. My question is, are their any risks to drinking alcohol the same day you took it? Let's say I took it at 12 today, worked out from 1-3:30 and want to drink around 10 or so. Any problem with that besides is being counter-productive to the workout?

^^good to hear. it's all about improvement.
i haven't put up heavy weight on bench since last summer
maxxed out last summer at 245 or 255 at about 145-150lb
right now I think I'll be at 225.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I successfully shed 30lbs since February, and now I'm looking to add weight training in with my hour+ cardio that I do every day.

The guy at GNC recommended Jack3d and today is my second day using it and I love it. My question is, are their any risks to drinking alcohol the same day you took it? Let's say I took it at 12 today, worked out from 1-3:30 and want to drink around 10 or so. Any problem with that besides is being counter-productive to the workout?
In my experience, taking 2 scoops of NO Xplode at 7pm, working out for an hour and then drinking heavy from 10pm-2am... above average hangover because not only are your muscles dehydrated, using pre-workout supplements advise on increased water intake as well.

Aside from the hangover.. and any longer term health affects I'm not aware of, I fared fine.
laugh.gif
. Avoid it though

went to the gym today and decided to max out because i havent since i stopped playing... hit 340 bench and 415 squat... squat number has dramatically decreased since i stopped playing football but i only hit it once a week now and i hardly ever go full tilt on it. smh.

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

All your prayers have been answered lol
abercrombieworkout.com 

aka 300workout.com, howtolooklikeaactionfigureworkout.com,etc

only tools would only think "this +*%%'s gonna make me look like an Abercrombie/Hollister/Ruehl model"
smh.gif
I could just imagine a highschool kid telling his buddies he found the "bible" online.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Can anyone recommend a shoe that helps with shin splints?
If this has been a recurring problem: stretching and you need to hit RunningRoom and get an assessment of your foot. They'll direct you to which type of shoe to get.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

abercrombieworkout.com 

only tools would only think "this +*%%'s gonna make me look like an Abercrombie/Hollister/Ruehl model"
smh.gif
I could just imagine a highschool kid telling his buddies he found the "bible" online.

A cursory look through it, and it's pretty much a basic "how to get started at bodybuilding" workout.  Actually, I hit the first set of workouts and was like, "Damn, this looks kinda familiar...wait, it's exactly what I do when I hit the gym!"  Technically, it's nothing to get super-excited about, but it's a legit starting point.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

abercrombieworkout.com 

smh.gif

A cursory look through it, and it's pretty much a basic "how to get started at bodybuilding" workout.  Actually, I hit the first set of workouts and was like, "Damn, this looks kinda familiar...wait, it's exactly what I do when I hit the gym!"  Technically, it's nothing to get super-excited about, but it's a legit starting point.
lol i was reading the first page and got hyped. then i was like i do this already......

edit: so im reading more into the diet phase. do you have to follow the 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight?

^Although many follow that 1g/lb rule, it's actually 1g/kg. Overloading on protein is hard on your liver, especially at once (like I know some of you do with your 2-3 scoops of protein drank). From my personal experience before I became knowledgeable, I was lifting like whatever, and eating whatever. But I did notice that my 2-2.5 scoops at a time of protein accounted for some pretty dark piss. It was not a coincidence. I don't have any issues anymore because I barely use protein, and when I do its only 1 scoop at a time.

By the way, anybody think we should all get together and form an NT program and make some money off this?! It doesn't seem like any of the people who profit off these programs know anything we don't. I'm sure we could come up with better ones even...

Originally Posted by iLLest

Any way of getting a Chipotle burrito and having it be "healthy."

iLLest!

Let me answer your question with a question: What do you think is unhealthy in your Chipotle burrito?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

iLLest!

Let me answer your question with a question: What do you think is unhealthy in your Chipotle burrito?
Or, simply get a burrito bol with whatever youd like MINUS THE: sour creme, cheese, and rice. Its still not gonna be the healthiest meal because of the sodium, but if you cut those 3 items and get the bol it should be fine for eating out.
pimp.gif

abercrombieworkout.com 

smh.gif

yea but alot people arnt as experienced as you...so this is definately a good guide for someone...if people have something telling them what to do...more than likely they are going to go thru with it

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

iLLest!

Or, simply get a burrito bol with whatever youd like MINUS THE: sour creme, cheese, and rice. Its still not gonna be the healthiest meal because of the sodium, but if you cut those 3 items and get the bol it should be fine for eating out.
pimp.gif
What's eating a burrito going to do once in a while? So long as you eat sensibly most of the time, a treat once in a while won't hurt your progress too much. I've mentioned this before: don't just think about daily intake (of calories and nutrients alike), think about weekly intake. Very few people have the discipline to have a diet and never cheat. If you set your goals for the week, you have a lot more freedom with your eating. Cut back when you don't need to eat so much, and eat more when it's more likely to happen(weekends)

The extreme in me is speaking here.

Here is my issue.

I always eat great Mon-Fri. Always, but SOMETIMES I act a fool on the weekends.

Let me give you my weekend rundown.
Thrus - 3 slices of Pizza
Fri - 12 Hooters Wings; 1 cadbury chocolate + almond bar
Sat - 1 slice of pizza; 5 tacos

I know folks say moderation is cool, but I still feel HORRIBLE when I eat poorly. HORRIBLE. Before Thursday, I was clean for about 13 days. I might be going overboard but man, I feel horrible

Off topic: How do Pinto beans taste? I had a bag of dry pinto beans that I plan on making. I never get them on my Burrito so I have no clue as to how their texture is.

Back
Top Bottom