Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Anyone interested in doing Insanity? I have a few extra disks sitting around.

First person to reply gets them.

PM me your address.

The only thing, they aren't formatted to work in ALL DVD players. Will work on your PC using VLC Media PLayer. So if you can stream from your PC to your TV then you are straight.
Just sent you a PM a little bit ago.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

My lower back has been killing me after I squat.  I have asked various trainers in the gym to watch my form and they that nothing is wrong, they say my form is perfect.I have also read , watched various videos on youtube and I just do not know what is going on.  I only have 135 on the bar.  When ever I start to jog or play ball, I have to quit playing.  I was using the free motion machine, but I feel I get more out of squatting by using the bar.  I have only been at it for 3 weeks but, that is too long to still be having back pain. Can any body out there give me pointers.  I am also warming up a stretching before and after I work out.  Help please... 
Its a matter of hamstring flexibility. From what you described I'd think that at the bottom of your squat, your letting your pelvis rotate because your hamstrings arent flexible enough, and you end up losing the arch in your lower back. This puts a LOT of stress on it.
Either that, or you arent tensing up your back to begin with.

Regardless, do some more reading about how to squat (google rippetoe) and go back to squatting with nothing, then the bar, and so on.

I worked out yesterday (wednesday), but I'm going to OSU for the Weekend, and won't be able to work out until Monday. This weekend is gonna be jam packed with Beer +Fast Food. DAMN.

Is a little break from working out good for your muscles though?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

I worked out yesterday (wednesday), but I'm going to OSU for the Weekend, and won't be able to work out until Monday. This weekend is gonna be jam packed with Beer +Fast Food. DAMN.

Is a little break from working out good for your muscles though?
yeah but after that weekend your gonna feel like $+##... just get back in the gym asap

Did the regular wednesday routine last night

4x5 Squat (light)
4x5 Military Press ramped up to 120lbs
4x5 Deadlift ramped up to 235lbs

..then for some reason decided to do power shrugs
8 of 135
5 of 185
5 of 225
5 of 275

I"VE NEVER BEEN SO EXHAUSTED IN MY LIIIIIFFFFE
couldn't get out of bed today

I know it's been talked about on here before, to help me out again, is there negatives to doing back/ chest on the same day? It's what I've been doing and wondering if I should switch. Then I do shoulders/ tri/ bi on another day and legs has it's own day. Any help would be great. Thanks.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

I know it's been talked about on here before, to help me out again, is there negatives to doing back/ chest on the same day? It's what I've been doing and wondering if I should switch. Then I do shoulders/ tri/ bi on another day and legs has it's own day. Any help would be great. Thanks.

are you doing super-sets for your back/chest day by any chance?

I really don't see any negatives with your routine, your just working opposing muscle groups in the same day.

I've never done it like that except for when I used to do full body routines.  My usual scheme is either work each muscle group on a separate day or do Chest/shoulders/triceps then the 2nd day do back/lats/biceps/forearms and the 3rd day devote to legs.  In that routine your grouping pushing muscles on one day and pulling muscles on another.

Thanks. Super sets is what I've been doing. I'm going to switch to chest/shoulders/ tri like you said. I need a little change. Just good to know what I was doing wasn't bad. Don't think I could handle 1 muscle group per workout. Also curious how long everyones workout takes on any day, not including cardio? 30min? Hour? Thanks for the help guys.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

My lower back has been killing me after I squat.  I have asked various trainers in the gym to watch my form and they that nothing is wrong, they say my form is perfect.I have also read , watched various videos on youtube and I just do not know what is going on.  I only have 135 on the bar.  When ever I start to jog or play ball, I have to quit playing.  I was using the free motion machine, but I feel I get more out of squatting by using the bar.  I have only been at it for 3 weeks but, that is too long to still be having back pain. Can any body out there give me pointers.  I am also warming up a stretching before and after I work out.  Help please... 
something has to be up w/ your form...are you using a low or high bar position?

Ok, so I have flab that I want/need to get rid of...the lower abdomen area. It's such a pain to get rid of. I've been cutting my calories the past couple weeks and doing some p90x ab ripper along with working out and some cardio. I'm seeing results but I want to kick up my activity/intensity a notch.

I'm trying to burn fat by the way.

Do you guys recommend me to do HIIT? For those who had/have difficulty with the area, what did/are you guys doing?

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Ok, so I have flab that I want/need to get rid of...the lower abdomen area. It's such a pain to get rid of. I've been cutting my calories the past couple weeks and doing some p90x ab ripper along with working out and some cardio. I'm seeing results but I want to kick up my activity/intensity a notch.

I'm trying to burn fat by the way.

Do you guys recommend me to do HIIT? For those who had/have difficulty with the area, what did/are you guys doing?
I would suggest HIIT for you 2-3x a week like anyone else.  I had a bit of lovehandle fat myself and I still have a very slight bit but the reason I think it has been reduced is not by my reduction in calories...since I want to gain muscle I've been actually eating more.  If your going to do HIIT I would def suggest doing it with no eating besides maybe water or some juice 4 hours prior.  If you wake up with energy then do HIIT first thing when you get up if you have a treadmill.

So strange..

before I starting doing this 5x5 ("bulking") program, I had some noticeable side fat, towards the infront area. My abs have always been ripped but these side fat pockets rally popped out

I've been EATING like a horse and stopped taking supplements for the month of may.

strength = increase.
weight = no change.
bodyfat = gone

veins popping outta the abs and skin like %@#$##* lulu lemon pants
...of course this is in the morning after sleeping like 12 hours, so probably not eating for 14

Does anyone get a nerve "zing" when you try to push your limit? I get this weird "zinging" feeling that sort of pops from the fat part of my forearm . It's not painful or anything, and I am still able to execute the exercise. I don't think it's a matter of lifting more than I can since I am able to run through the motion successfully. However, I am a bit spooked about anything involving nerves so I try not to push it. It happens when I got on the eliptical grabbing those handles and rowing in that motion and on shoulder front raises. Not heavy movements like deadlifts or bicep curls.

^ You might check your wrist position. Make sure its not too bent back. I got i weird forearm pain 2 weeks ago doing back squats iced it and made sure my hand position stayed proper. Any one use wrist wraps? Ive been wanting to get some to help me position my wrists. Looking at the APT ones but not sure if they help or just an accessory.

^ Yeah I wil try that thanks. I use gloves and they only help with caluses I think. Do people use wrist straps for everything like bicep curls and benching too?

I found these online they seem to be a two in one thing, good reviews too. What do you think? http://www.newgrip.com/strength.htm

my jack3d came in today. used 1.5 scoops before doing some cardio. and WOW, didnt really get the tingling feeling but i was hella focused during. didnt want to stop but i knew i had to. im still a lil cracked out now and i took it 1.5 hours ago.

ohh, well. time to watch the royals game.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

So strange..

before I starting doing this 5x5 ("bulking") program, I had some noticeable side fat, towards the infront area. My abs have always been ripped but these side fat pockets rally popped out

I've been EATING like a horse and stopped taking supplements for the month of may.

strength = increase.
weight = no change.
bodyfat = gone

...of course this is in the morning after sleeping like 12 hours, so probably not eating for 14
I'm telling you brett it was that extra protein you were taking that was part of that side fat.  It could have been something else but I don't find it a coincidence that after a month off of extra protein from supplements that you find that the flab you once had is gone...goes with the thinking that people actually need less protein than that 1g per pound rule.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

So strange..

strength = increase.
weight = no change.
bodyfat = gone

I'm telling you brett it was that extra protein you were taking that was part of that side fat.  It could have been something else but I don't find it a coincidence that after a month off of extra protein from supplements that you find that the flab you once had is gone...goes with the thinking that people actually need less protein than that 1g per pound rule.

Or its the dehydrated state from not eating or drinking for 14 hours......

Back
Top Bottom