Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Kane is a freakin' beast!
sick.gif

That's my goal...but dude has been lifting for like 30 years.
ohwell.gif

ya thats him

hes not remarkably strong or anything stat wise... but his physique is crazyyyy. and he has the lean skinny look (nh)

takes years of conditioning to get up to that.. and yeah he has been working out longer than ive been alive LOL

so its precisely what im aiming for
smokin.gif

EDIT: speaking of frank mcgrath

frank_mcgrath.jpg

Starting next week I plan on changing my routine to:

Monday: Chest + Back + Abs
Tuesday: Biceps + Triceps + Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs + Abs
Thursday: Rest or Abs (Abs if I don't do it on Wednesday)
Friday: Chest + Back
Saturday: Biceps + Triceps + Shoulders
Sunday: Rest/Abs

Anyone doing anything similar? Would you recommend this split?
nerd.gif

My current routine is:

Monday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Wednesday: Legs + Shoulders + Abs
Thursday: Rest or Abs (Abs if I don't do it on Wednesday)
Friday: Chest + Triceps
Saturday: Back + Biceps
Sunday: Rest/Abs

Thanks.

what supplements are good for someone that is getting back into lifting? multivitamins, fish/flax oil, creatine??

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

ya thats him

hes not remarkably strong or anything stat wise... but his physique is crazyyyy. and he has the lean skinny look (nh)

takes years of conditioning to get up to that.. and yeah he has been working out longer than ive been alive LOL

so its precisely what im aiming for
smokin.gif

EDIT: speaking of frank mcgrath

frank_mcgrath.jpg
Nah dude...rather look like Kane or Ryan Reynolds even. I don't wanna look like I can't even turn around to wipe my own @$!.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Is there a Cristiano Ronaldo (or any soccer player, for that matter) workout out there online? Soccer players are in the best shape out of any athlete, and because I have a thin build already, I wouldn't mind having a soccer player workout.

Thanks.
i mean you're not gonna get their cardiovascular fitness unless you run your !@* off every day of your life, but it's not hard to get their physiques.......even guys like ronaldo, drogba, etc. who are pretty "built" by soccer standards are pretty lean with not too much mass. just do some compound lifts (don't ignore the legs!!), get a good muscular base, and then cut to get the shredded look.

as for ideal build i would say im more or less around were this dude is but he looks even leaner/more 'hardened,' i guess he has a really low bf%. would like to look like this in terms of definition and proportion but a little bigger all around

2hica2w.jpg

Joe Camel

^ Sonny Bill.. he will become an All Black. He's coming back to NZ, actually in Christchurch for a chance to participate in the 2011 Rugby World Cup. He hits really hard, be interesting to see him hit some NFL players

Originally Posted by I3

Joe Camel

^ Sonny Bill.. he will become an All Black. He's coming back to NZ, actually in Christchurch for a chance to participate in the 2011 Rugby World Cup. He hits really hard, be interesting to see him hit some NFL players

DUDE...saw this guys physique and i was gonna say he looks like a rugby player...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
im gettin ready to get in super shape for rugby season this coming year
pimp.gif

yeah i take back about me being his size.....he's 6'4" 240
laugh.gif
eek.gif
so many huge samoans in rugby and the nfl

i don't know anything about rugby but the all blacks are bad $@+ 

Ok can someone help me out? 
I weigh about 155 pounds and am 5'5. I want to cut down to about 145 in a month or so, reasonable goal? 

I have been hitting the gym basically everyday this summer. I run for 30 minutes (about 3.5 miles) 4 times a week. My question is, do you think I should switch to do HIIT 3-4 times a week instead? 

This is my basic workout plan:

Monday: Back/Bi's/Tri's, 30 min cardio

Tuesday: 30 min cardio, Ab Ripper X

Wednesday: Shoulder/Legs

Thursday: 30 min cardio, Ab Ripper X

Friday: Chest/Bi's/Tri's

Saturday: 30 min cardio, Ab Ripper X

Sunday: Either rest or cardio depending on how I feel

Also, can someone let me know what you think of this workout plan? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Last question, can someone help me with what supplements to take. I've been working out on and off for 5-6 years (more off for the past 2-3 years other than summer
smh.gif
) but have never really taken any supplements. I use to take protein but now I just try to get it more from natural foods. I started taking N.O. about 3 months ago and like it. Once I finish, I will probably get on jacked. But are there any other supplements I can take to help me out with weight loss? 

Thanks for the help guys. 

Probably around 190.

When doing deadlifts, does the bar ever scrape y'alls shins up? I hate doing them because I do em, they scrape and I bleed, I get scabs, then when I go to do them again, i just scrape the scabs off again.
Its a real pain in the !$$
mad.gif

since were talking about physiques....my man onyewu 6'4 210
oguchionyewu.jpg

One day maybe I'll be able to achieve this physique 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Probably around 190.

When doing deadlifts, does the bar ever scrape y'alls shins up? I hate doing them because I do em, they scrape and I bleed, I get scabs, then when I go to do them again, i just scrape the scabs off again.
mad.gif

either you have the bar too close to your shins, or you've got a bar than has a lot of rough texture to grip on it 

Originally Posted by Derek916

oguchionyewu.jpg

happy.gif

Dude plays for AC Milan.. for free! Haha.. but he's playing really well with Team USA.

Dudes a beast, but he still looks small compared to Ale Nesta etc.. Gooch is in exceptional shape though!

Originally Posted by Derek916

oguchionyewu.jpg

happy.gif

Dude plays for AC Milan.. for free! Haha.. but he's playing really well with Team USA.

Dudes a beast, but he still looks small compared to Ale Nesta etc.. Gooch is in exceptional shape though!

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Probably around 190.

mad.gif

either you have the bar too close to your shins, or you've got a bar than has a lot of rough texture to grip on it 
It can either be;
-your stance too wide; you technique/form is off
- it's a @@*@%! bar where the knurling extends too far towards the center
- your body mechanics force you to take a wider than optimal stance

Are your shoulders behind the bar when you deadlift?

If it's a @@*@%! bar or your body mechanics just force you to take a wider stance then just wear sweat pants.

Got a quick question: what gets/keeps you guys motivated? I need some new inspiration. Last summer it was women (females will ALWAYS keep you motivated to work out) but now that I've been with my girl for a year, I find it hard to have the motivation to work out... any ideas? I've really let myself go... lol

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Got a quick question: what gets/keeps you guys motivated? I need some new inspiration. Last summer it was women (females will ALWAYS keep you motivated to work out) but now that I've been with my girl for a year, I find it hard to have the motivation to work out... any ideas? I've really let myself go... lol

Just start thinking that if you become  a fat slob your girlfriend is going to get smushed

^I think your problem is that you were only motivated by women. You need some inspiration to get off your %*! and go to the gym without being phased.

what other supplements (multivitamins, fish oil, ginkgo, glucosamine, etc) do you guys take besides the usual protein, bcaa, glutamine, etc? and what brand are they?

Back
Top Bottom