Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Also, is this a legit 3-day split or should I switch it up?
Monday: Legs and abs

Wednesday: Biceps and back

Saturday: Chest, shoulders, and triceps

Question:

My Saturday's consist of Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. Brett you said "Triceps receive enough work from your chest exercises to suffice, however 3x of tricep pull downs may not hurt."

I do 3 chest workouts (DB, Incline, and Flys)
2 shoulder workouts (Lateral Raise, machine)
then I save 3 tricep workouts for the end (Skullcrushers, Pulldown, Dips)

Am I overtraining my triceps since chest and shoulder workouts use triceps too?

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Question:

My Saturday's consist of Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. Brett you said "Triceps receive enough work from your chest exercises to suffice, however 3x of tricep pull downs may not hurt."

I do 3 chest workouts (DB, Incline, and Flys)
2 shoulder workouts (Lateral Raise, machine)
then I save 3 tricep workouts for the end (Skullcrushers, Pulldown, Dips)

Am I overtraining my triceps since chest and shoulder workouts use triceps too?
I don't think you're overtraining them.
I'm assuming Saturday is your only Chest/Tricep day. Hopefully that's the case.

Since your triceps are already being acknowledged in the chest workouts I would keep my skullcrushers, dips, pulldowns to about 6 to 9 sets total.

If your intensity level is high then you'll be fine.

Hopefully this is a once week thing though

Grimlock- do you think it would be alright to go with just one flat bench, and then multiple incline presses......ex. flat dumbell,incline dumbell,incline smith machine bench, incline flys, flat flys?

I have a pretty developed chest but would definetly wanna develop the upper portion, compared to he other areas.

keepzdasneakz wrote:
Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^I think your problem is that you were only motivated by women. You need some inspiration to get off your %*! and go to the gym without being phased.
LOL what can I say? Women are my�only�vice besides cursing... I'll try my best to keep up with this thread and see if the motivation remains...

��
Maybe I should have clarified....motivation and inspiration are two different things. Motivation puts you in a sort of state where you're ready to undergo certain tasks, but it's only temporary. Inspiration runs much deeper (Ex. My swag...) and puts you in awe...it's like comparing battery power to Nuclear power, yadidamean?

For a more tangible reference....

Motivation:
hyori12.jpg

Inspiration:

For me at least...I don't know about you but a girl can't get me to go workout and get in shape, but knowing� a man in his 60's completing Iron Man competitions while burdened with the load of his paraplegic son will.

I respect that..

summer is when I get dark as hell and I even my tan out by running with my shirt off, same for washing my car.

bretthejett - make sure you work on the back and legs, gotta stay proportion. I see some dudes at the gym just focusing on one thing.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by I3

^ thats interesting.

I hate the saggy chest type aesthetically, even though my goal is performance rather than looks. Do you think it would help to focus more on inclince (bb and db) rather than flat?

Im on a compound programme (strong lifts) and the only sort of chest exercise is flat bb bench and push ups.
I personally feel that flat bench is more for strength purposes as well as giving you a nice rounded shape at the bottom of your chest.  BUT if you have been doing flat bench work which most of us started out with because its such a staple of resistance training then it leads me to believe that the bottom portion of the chest for most people who have stayed dedicated to the gym for a year or so is already on point. 

I supplement doing regular benching by doing different types of pushups which you've been doing so I think you should give incline flyes, incline press, guilottine press or what have you at a medium incline...learn from my mistake and don't put the bench up too high unless your targeting the anterior delts.

Thanks man, after im done with this programme, i'll look into developing my chest further.

Originally Posted by mloonz88

Grimlock- do you think it would be alright to go with just one flat bench, and then multiple incline presses......ex. flat dumbell,incline dumbell,incline smith machine bench, incline flys, flat flys?

I have a pretty developed chest but would definetly wanna develop the upper portion, compared to he other areas.
Yea one flat press is okay...I would suggest mixing it up though each week from a flat press, to flat flyes, and try a guillotine press aimed so that the bar is more towards the neck when descending...i've replaced my incline press with it and it's a nice change.

what I do on my day 1 workouts for my chest are decline pushups off the bench, medium incline flyes, and medium incline guillotine press.  what also helps my chest a bit is that on my day 3 I do close grip pushups and bench dips working my triceps directly but which work my chest indirectly as well so it goes with what I was saying before that i'm actually working certain muscles groups 2x a week once directly and the second time through an exercise meant for another muscle group.

Btw i saw that our man Brett got suspended for some reason...
laugh.gif

so uhhhmmm....

how long until my hamstrings are flexible enough to be able to squat $@# to grass with good form and minimal pressure on my lower back.

because apparently i tuck in my pelvis and my lower back begins to arch when i go low which is why ive been experiencing lower back tightness after 100 reps of squat...?

ive been stretching them everyday for the past 1 1/2-2 months

Good looks on the replies illest and grimlock......Grimlock- yea when i do my inlcine smith press the bar just about hits my collar bone when it comes down lol

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

so uhhhmmm....

how long until my hamstrings are flexible enough to be able to squat $@# to grass with good form and minimal pressure on my lower back.

because apparently i tuck in my pelvis and my lower back begins to arch when i go low which is why ive been experiencing lower back tightness after 100 reps of squat...?

ive been stretching them everyday for the past 1 1/2-2 months
you're supposed to arch your back on sqauts and deadlifts.... alot of people round their backs and do goodmornings

Could someone help me with possibly giving me exercises to get rid of my flaring shoulder blades, been wanting to get rid of them for a while

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Could someone help me with possibly giving me exercises to get rid of my flaring shoulder blades, been wanting to get rid of them for a while
idk what this exactly means...do you mean adding some muscle to the shoulder blades to make them look less bony?

So i'm going to start strength training in july and I want to start using creatine...anyone have any particular brands they want to vouch for because I haven't used creatine in 7 years since I was in high school so idk what is a good brand people use now...i'm looking for creatine monohydrate with no additives or things like that.

The suspensions were deserved, considering the rules of the thread. He called everyone ugly. A few others did as well.

Anyway, I'm sick of chicken sandwiches. I want a new lunch meal, something I can eat with rice (for carbs) and something that has some decent amount of protein in it (NOT chicken). Anyone discover the holy grail of lunches?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

how can i speed up my metabolism?

stay filled throughout the day, have a lot of fiber, 5-6 total snack/meals throughout the day > 3 large meals.

stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day (i piss a lot but make sure my piss is as clear as possible)

dont skip meals

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

idk what this exactly means...do you mean adding some muscle to the shoulder blades to make them look less bony?

So i'm going to start strength training in july and I want to start using creatine...anyone have any particular brands they want to vouch for because I haven't used creatine in 7 years since I was in high school so idk what is a good brand people use now...i'm looking for creatine monohydrate with no additives or things like that.
they just stick out sorta like this, I would just want to know exactly how i could make them less noticeable or have my shoulder blade parallel and not sticking out 
WingedScapula.jpg

Gain some muscle mass.
When you guys do Deadlifts, do you drop it on the floor when going down or do you get the plates as close as possible to the floor w/o touching and bring it back up? I've been trying to get it as close as possible w/o touching when going down, and it's much harder. This wouldn't lead to any injuries would it? Just curious. Thanks.

Originally Posted by al3x89

how do i slow mine down? lol
wish i had that problem
laugh.gif
mine used to be crazy then for about a year i did nothing when i got sick. now everything i eat, it just adds onto the weight and the fat is piling up
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

The suspensions were deserved, considering the rules of the thread. He called everyone ugly. A few others did as well.

Anyway, I'm sick of chicken sandwiches. I want a new lunch meal, something I can eat with rice (for carbs) and something that has some decent amount of protein in it (NOT chicken). Anyone discover the holy grail of lunches?
Do ya eat fish...? I'm not sure they make fish in the form of lunch meat but fish goes alright with rice. Tilapia's the kind I eat. Lowest fat content....

Been wanting to know a answer to this and google hasn't been so great.

Does Palms Away or Palms facing Pullups/Chinups work the back more?

Back
Top Bottom