Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by General Johnson

So whey is no good then?

Damn. I just started on "my cut" as well and replaced damn near my entire meals with whey.

Any advice on how to get there with regular food and NOT be tired as +%@% at the end of the day?
lol, first of all if the majority of your diet is whey you are going to be hungry no matter what. Get as much physical food as possible, actually cook before hand.

Drink massive amounts of water (2 gallons) and eat a lot of salad, both have a lot of satiety. Get the majority of your carbs the first 12 hours you are awake then have little to none the hours prior going to bed. Also on low carb days have more fat (atleast one serving of almonds) and vice versa, up your carbs a bit on days like legs (more demanding).

Anyone use ON Hydro Whey? Thinking about getting the turbo chocolate after my 100% whey runs out in a few days. Is it really that much better then the regular whey?

Originally Posted by General Johnson

No.

I eat very healthy it's just that my day starts at 6 and ends around 11 so between a workout, classes and work I have points where my energy dips and I'm not trying to just eat all day or drink energy drinks to maintain. I don't eat processed crap and cook most of my food from scratch.
EDIT:

I guess the question is, how do I lower my carb intake and maintain energy? Is there a food (not supplement) that's best for energy during this phase?
6-11 is a long day. If your schedule is heavy you'll probabaly be tired regardless of what you eat...

As far as energy goes, carbs isn't the only thing that'l provide that. Try adding more protein and fat, that usually holds me down better than a carb heavy meal. Saying that everyone is different though so it will take some trial and error.

My IF diet(fasted training, as well)...Macros: 140-160 protein, 100-120carbs, 55-70fats. Calculated my needs, and i'm at 2,300cals for maintenance, So i went 600 or so below that..1,700(estimated).

Post workout meal(66% of total caloric intake, 990-1,100cal)-
2scoops of whey with 16oz of water
1 WW Bread with unsalted PB
4egg whites 2 whole eggs- scrambled
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Banana
Bowl of broccoli, and spinach
1 cup of black beans
1/4 cup of white rice
Alot of hot sauce

2nd meal(33% of caloric intake, 510-620cal)
2 turkey patties(home-made, 93/100 lean ground turkey)
1 Banana
Glass of 2% milk
Bowl of spinach with jalapeno peppers.

I might be taking out the hotsauce in the first meal, not sure. No cardio, just lifting, commuting to college, and working 3/7 weekly. Those vegetables(broccoli mainly) are key, imo, they keep me full. However, i am still not making my fiber goals(30g)...i'm down i think 5-10; is this alright? And i didn't take into account fiber carbs; subtracted the carbs and cals from the macro/cal-intake goal.

All criticism is welcome!, I'm new to the diet.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

I might be taking out the hotsauce in the first meal, not sure. No cardio, just lifting, commuting to college, and working 3/7 weekly. Those vegetables(broccoli mainly) are key, imo, they keep me full. However, i am still not making my fiber goals(30g)...i'm down i think 5-10; is this alright? And i didn't take into account fiber carbs; subtracted the carbs and cals from the macro/cal-intake goal.
Make sure you switch up what vegetables you're eating. Different vegetables have different nutrient profiles. Try finding fresh sea vegetables if you can. Dulce and all those. They're the most nutrient dense vegetables you can find. When you're in a calorie deficit, you want to get as many micronutrients as possible without the calories.
How big is a bowl of broccoli? Just curious because I can easily eat a pound of steamed broccoli with dinner.

For fiber, just eat more fibrous foods. You can make substitutions from day to day. One day you may want almonds instead of the banana(s). I wouldn't have milk. Try and get as many of your calories from solid foods.

I'm looking to buy some rolled oats from amazon (they don't sell rolled oats in my local stores).  Anyone recommend any specific brands.  I want the tastiest one I don't really care about the price or whatnot. 

i know its not alot to most on here but i finally hit 200 on the bench today 
happy.gif
i felt like i coulda done at least 210 but i didnt have a spotter so i wasnt trying to push my luck 
laugh.gif
very good workout today, was oddly very very focused, good day 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

happy.gif
i felt like i coulda done at least 210 but i didnt have a spotter so i wasnt trying to push my luck 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good @!#% man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

I'm looking to buy some rolled oats from amazon (they don't sell rolled oats in my local stores).  Anyone recommend any specific brands.  I want the tastiest one I don't really care about the price or whatnot. 
Do you live in the mountains? lol No rolled oats, huh? I go to Costco every month and bu the 10 lb Quaker Rolled Oats. IMO, oatmeal is in the top 2 tastiest things one can eat (the other being [(])

happy.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That's a good weight to push.  How many reps did you get?

Originally Posted by womiwom

happy.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i got 200 up 3 times, i think i coulda done 2 more reps but i wasnt trying to push it without a spotter, we'll see how it goes next time i bench

happy.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i got 200 up 3 times, i think i coulda done 2 more reps but i wasnt trying to push it without a spotter, we'll see how it goes next time i bench
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gratz dude!

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

happy.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gratz dude!
werent you the one who was also stuck on your bench? if so i hope you can break through it too, cause i know EXACTLY how you feel, my bench was ALWAYS wack and i dont know, i had some kinda revelation today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Originally Posted by amel223

Do you live in the mountains? lol No rolled oats, huh? I go to Costco every month and bu the 10 lb Quaker Rolled Oats. IMO, oatmeal is in the top 2 tastiest things one can eat (the other being [(])
laugh.gif
 @ oatmeal and poon being on your top 2 of tastiest things to eat. If he lives in the mountains, you must inhabit a wheat farm...

do you guys think cycling preworkout supplements every other week will prevent decrease in potency?

and whats an ideal weight for me to start cutting if im at 173 with 15% bf at 5 8. my goal is to be down to under 10 % by summertime.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

do you guys think cycling preworkout supplements every other week will prevent decrease in potency?

and whats an ideal weight for me to start cutting if im at 173 with 15% bf at 5 8. my goal is to be down to under 10 % by summertime.
You can get to 10% in 2 months if you're really focused. Based on your numbers you only have to lose a little more than 10 pounds of fat to get down to sub-10% BF. Ofcourse its almost impossible to just burn pure fat so you're going to lose some muscle as well. I think if you do it right you would likely reach your goal at around 160 pounds.

My bowls are pretty small; i'm guessing a cup of something= a bowl.

Question:

Saturday/Sunday are my rest days, can i do implement keto on these days? IE: Do a high protein/high fats diet that derives from meats/poultry/seafood/etc and fiber from vegetables + incorporate IF, while being below/at my caloric goal. Will this be alright?

Thanks again, for all the responses, bros!

first off, just wanna thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. hopefully i can help give someone else a little bit of motivation that i got by checking out this thread weekly.

last july 2009, i weighed 205 lbs. i'm 5' 6", ive always been a "stocky" guy. my senior year in high school i was 185 lbs. today i'm 170lbs at age 30.

this is on march of this year at around 195lbs

this was about 2nd week of of august at 170lbs

this is today at 170lbs

ive maintained same body weight for past 2 months. (might look a little bigger today, probably bc i just ate)

sorry for the anti-cliffnotes....but from memory what i did as a routine to lose over 30 lbs in 15 months.

july 2009 til december 2009 i was lifting about 3 to 4 times a week doing a 3 day split and the 4th day i would concentrate on forearms and abs if i feel i didnt work them out during the week. the split usually consisted of back bi, chest tri, then legs shoulders. i switched my breakfast from fried eggs and bacon to oatmeal. that alone i think made me lose 10 lbs lol. during this six month span i actually lost 10 lbs, gained it back in one week from a trip to houston and lost the 10 lbs again. i didnt see any significant changes in my body build but i felt stronger so i was happy about that. keep in mind i could only do about 10 pushups nonstop and not even one pullup.

jan '10 til march '10 i tried to switch over to mostly cardio after lifting because my wife is a big runner. so i would do the same split but go easy on the weights because i would run 2 to 3 miles afterwards. i thought this was an accomplishment because running a mile was killer. i think cardio helped me a shieet ton because that's when i started to notice my pant size going down. i dont have a pic older than march, but believe me, i wore size 38-40 shorts. today i'm wearing size 34. all my shirts were XL and now most of them are mediums. when i hold up my jeans and my shirts, i did not realize how big i was.

april '10 til today: sadly i havent lifted weights in almost 3 months since grad school started for me. also, this was the HOTTEST summer in north carolina so i stopped running outside and i TRIED to do HIIT on treadmills but i just couldnt stand it. so for the past 2 months ive been on IF, with the help of you guys, www.leangains.com and www.theleansaloon.com. i must say, intermittent fasting has got to be the best thing that's ever happened to me. the first few times i tried it, i failed miserably. so after a week of trying it, i finally stuck it out one day and havent looked back since. i cheat almost weekly. i still eat hamburgers here and there. i went nuts one week with bojangles. but overall, i wake up around 7 am and eat my first meal anywhere between 2 and 4pm. my last week of the day is around 8 to 10 pm. i eat whole foods, alot of turkey and chicken. ive never had problems eating fruits and veggies so i added beans to help my fiber intake.

yesterday i started lifting again and i really missed lifting. i hate to make school as an excuse, but ive been so stressed with looking for work and trying to make A's (my undergrad gpa was a 2.6 so alot of accounting firms poop on my job application before even lookin at me). so now that i have somewhat of a routine down, im gonna start lifting again and hopefully i can get cut.

supplements that i take: i got some protein from gnc, rarely drink it though. i use it when i feel like i couldnt get a hold of any protein for the day. also if i dont get enough fiber, the protein comes out like a brick and my bowels look like fruit punch kool aid. NOT COOL. i'm taking multivitamin, fish oil, and calcium pills. since ive started the intermittent fasting, i picked up some bcaa from gnc (has like 3 ingredients only) so i can start getting into a lifting routine. i'm no longer doing splits, i'm going for compounds.
i'm open to any questions. i know alot of yall are trying to get big, i hope i can help those who need to get rid of the ugly body fat. there is NOTHING more satisfying then running into people you havent seen in a year and they say how great you look. i'm married so i never did it to attract girls, but i was in vegas during labor day weekend and man....i dont know why i waited so long to get healthy.

i cut some but damn.......really slow process the natural way

i think i needa cut the cals even though im eating clean. im gonna take a quick pic my phone cam is (&#$# up though

i am impatient though, ive done single digit bf thing before

edit:
21e2o1u.jpg

smh i REALLY need a digi cam

what do you guys recc.?

nothing fancy whats decent megapixels these days?

btw recovery is AMAZING with vitargo. i never get a burn/feel sore since ive been using this stuff. its that good. kinda expensive but yea you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by chickhien

first off, just wanna thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. hopefully i can help give someone else a little bit of motivation that i got by checking out this thread weekly.

ive maintained same body weight for past 2 months. (might look a little bigger today, probably bc i just ate)

sorry for the anti-cliffnotes....but from memory what i did as a routine to lose over 30 lbs in 15 months.

july 2009 til december 2009 i was lifting about 3 to 4 times a week doing a 3 day split and the 4th day i would concentrate on forearms and abs if i feel i didnt work them out during the week. the split usually consisted of back bi, chest tri, then legs shoulders. i switched my breakfast from fried eggs and bacon to oatmeal. that alone i think made me lose 10 lbs lol. during this six month span i actually lost 10 lbs, gained it back in one week from a trip to houston and lost the 10 lbs again. i didnt see any significant changes in my body build but i felt stronger so i was happy about that. keep in mind i could only do about 10 pushups nonstop and not even one pullup.

jan '10 til march '10 i tried to switch over to mostly cardio after lifting because my wife is a big runner. so i would do the same split but go easy on the weights because i would run 2 to 3 miles afterwards. i thought this was an accomplishment because running a mile was killer. i think cardio helped me a shieet ton because that's when i started to notice my pant size going down. i dont have a pic older than march, but believe me, i wore size 38-40 shorts. today i'm wearing size 34. all my shirts were XL and now most of them are mediums. when i hold up my jeans and my shirts, i did not realize how big i was.

april '10 til today: sadly i havent lifted weights in almost 3 months since grad school started for me. also, this was the HOTTEST summer in north carolina so i stopped running outside and i TRIED to do HIIT on treadmills but i just couldnt stand it. so for the past 2 months ive been on IF, with the help of you guys, www.leangains.com and www.theleansaloon.com. i must say, intermittent fasting has got to be the best thing that's ever happened to me. the first few times i tried it, i failed miserably. so after a week of trying it, i finally stuck it out one day and havent looked back since. i cheat almost weekly. i still eat hamburgers here and there. i went nuts one week with bojangles. but overall, i wake up around 7 am and eat my first meal anywhere between 2 and 4pm. my last week of the day is around 8 to 10 pm. i eat whole foods, alot of turkey and chicken. ive never had problems eating fruits and veggies so i added beans to help my fiber intake.

yesterday i started lifting again and i really missed lifting. i hate to make school as an excuse, but ive been so stressed with looking for work and trying to make A's (my undergrad gpa was a 2.6 so alot of accounting firms poop on my job application before even lookin at me). so now that i have somewhat of a routine down, im gonna start lifting again and hopefully i can get cut.

supplements that i take: i got some protein from gnc, rarely drink it though. i use it when i feel like i couldnt get a hold of any protein for the day. also if i dont get enough fiber, the protein comes out like a brick and my bowels look like fruit punch kool aid. NOT COOL. i'm taking multivitamin, fish oil, and calcium pills. since ive started the intermittent fasting, i picked up some bcaa from gnc (has like 3 ingredients only) so i can start getting into a lifting routine. i'm no longer doing splits, i'm going for compounds.
i'm open to any questions. i know alot of yall are trying to get big, i hope i can help those who need to get rid of the ugly body fat. there is NOTHING more satisfying then running into people you havent seen in a year and they say how great you look. i'm married so i never did it to attract girls, but i was in vegas during labor day weekend and man....i dont know why i waited so long to get healthy.

congrats on the weight loss, so you really just been doin cardio

if i were you id try out the p90 transformation a lot of people have success with if they stick with it.............after that hit up some real weights

Back
Top Bottom