Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Is HIIT cardio after Legs day fine?

Give your legs some time to grow/heal/repair bro
Durden.. number looking good. Are you concerned about the push:tongue:ull ratios?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Is HIIT cardio after Legs day fine?

Give your legs some time to grow/heal/repair bro
Durden.. number looking good. Are you concerned about the push:tongue:ull ratios?

Not in the least bit.

Theres dozens of other things that are more important than a push/pull ratio.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Diet is getting harder, it now feels like i'm starving myself. I'm going to up cal intake from 1,700 to 2k, still a deficit but not that much, idont know what im going to do though..any ideas?

How would i do the ratio? carb/fat/proteins...thanks bros.

What are your goals in general?  Whats your height, weight?  
Sorry if you posted this information before.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Durden7 wrote:

Little update...

6'0, 188.. 12.2% body fat  (take via BIA so that it for what its worth...)

5 rep maxes:

Bench:  240
Barbell  Row:  225
Pull Ups:  45
Squat:  290
Front Squat:  215
Deadlift: 335
Barbell Curl: 115
Dips:  70
Military Press: 155
DB Row:  100
Chin Ups:  30

Ehh..

laugh.gif
Don't "Ehh.." yourself like that what the average man does. Not bad at all man
pimp.gif
. Props.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Durden7 wrote:

Little update...

5 rep maxes:

Ehh..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Props.

Thanks.

The "Ehh" is because I wish a few of my lifts were slightly higher.  I wish my squat and deadlift were a few lbs more but grip strength and hamstring flexibility are limiting me in those two respectively.  Other than that, im very happy with where I am athletically. 

Edit:  Happy Anniv. fellas.

Durden7: did you really weigh that much when you were 12? if you did man and your lifting like you do now big props.

^Depends on the person's weight and the duration of their weight loss period. For me, at 165-170 lbs....I try to take in about 100 if not less.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Durden7: did you really weigh that much when you were 12? if you did man and your lifting like you do now big props.

Nah, I really should edit that sig.  Its a quote from Heavyweights.  Ive never been overweight.  I was always really underweight.

Alright quick question guys..

Basically I'm doing HIIT training. I want to know what's better for weight loss..

Doing say 20-30 min of HIIT twice a day..every other day (early morning then once late at night) VS. doing 20-30 min of HIIT ONCE..every day..

I'm thinking the first one since people say you should allow recovery days but I'm trying to hit my target weight loss weight quickly.

does it matter what kind of cals you are consuming...im really tryna get out of this range of weight ive been in since adult hood. i run a fast paced male every other day and a slower paced 2 mile in between then. i rest on thursdays because i have class or some other day if i just focus on weight toning. i am drinking only water and protein shakes (with water only as well) and i am trying to keep my daily cal intake to 1200-1500.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by drock2010

Nah, I really should edit that sig.  Its a quote from Heavyweights.  Ive never been overweight.  I was always really underweight.
laugh.gif
Damn I'm mad I didn't know that. I used to love that movie.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Basically I'm doing HIIT training. I want to know what's better for weight loss..

Doing say 20-30 min of HIIT twice a day..every other day (early morning then once late at night) VS. doing 20-30 min of HIIT ONCE..every day..

do NOT do HIIT twice a day, especially not 20-30 minutes of it
laugh.gif

Your body is gonna start breaking down from that kind of workload

I'm thinking the first one since people say you should allow recovery days but I'm trying to hit my target weight loss weight quickly.

indifferent.gif
 everyone wants a quick fix. Thats not how it works.

^It could work, but there stands a greater chance of them gaining that weight back at a rate higher than the slower/consistent method.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by AJChick23

do NOT do HIIT twice a day, especially not 20-30 minutes of it
laugh.gif

Your body is gonna start breaking down from that kind of workload

indifferent.gif
 everyone wants a quick fix. Thats not how it works.
No need for a stoneface my friend..not everybody is a fitness expert..that's why I came here for help from people who may know more than me.
Instead you could suggest something else..anyways I've been an athlete my entire life..I'm more than sure I can handle that intensity..but I'll pace myself instead of risking injury.

The only thing is up until college I played 4 sports and conditioned all the time..but I have little experience in the gym.
I've been losing weight since Jan. 2010..about 17 lbs so far..so this isn't a "quick fix" but I hit a bit of a plateau (I probably should have said that but you kind of assumed anyways..) So if you have something positive to say I'd like to hear it..

Can anybody give me some help on a legs workout (trying to get bigger calfs)
I have pretty much been going hard on them every Thursday. but it seems that the recover process is extra long.
I have extreme pain in my legs for like 4 days, and I am not sure if I am hitting my legs to hard or is this recovery time normal?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Any of you guys vegetarians/vegans? I'm considering eliminating meat from my diet.
Tried out vegan for a stint. Didn't really like it. I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian at the moment. Have been lacto-vegetarian most of my life. If you decide to do it, do it because you want to, not because it'll necessarily make you more healthy than you are. If you're eating food out of a box and very little in terms of fresh produce, you won't be doing yourself any favors really. And there are still moral issues with farming in general in this country as well. Just take that into consideration before you decide on anything.
Here's a link that talks about doing vegetarianism/veganism poorly: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/vegan-island/

AJChick, diet is key. You can't beat a bad diet(not saying yours is bad). Just tighten up on the diet and maybe add some more walking or light running. Upping the HIIT is not a good idea. If you're not doing it already, try doing resistance training as well.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

What ever happened to AudiA1 and Joecamel posting pre pics?

Joe.. you decide to gander in the genetic enhancements?

nah bro ive been a mess enjoying life.....havent slept still drunk at 1 pm im not mature enough for juice
durden 45 pullups is ridiculous man how do you do it? i %*%% all over oyur other lifts but theres no way i could come close to that

actually what am i saying i have juice on jhand that !+!%$ gopnna be used i just gotta get my @@#% together first.  

Bored at work.

My lunch today:

97% fat free Italian chicken sausage with egg whites, onion and green pepper and steamed cauliflower as a side. The sausage is pretty good and flavorful (no ayo).

f6725feea6f9383384b61c882d9261dcb479cbc.pjpg

im going to start my cutting phase for the first time...

any tips and pointers? food choice? what NOT to eat?

any help would be greatly appreciated...going to start going a few pages back as well

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

Can anybody give me some help on a legs workout (trying to get bigger calfs)
I have pretty much been going hard on them every Thursday. but it seems that the recover process is extra long.
I have extreme pain in my legs for like 4 days, and I am not sure if I am hitting my legs to hard or is this recovery time normal?
What are you doing for them?  In all honesty, you can get your calves to look better, but not a whole lot "bigger".  They're mostly genetic, so if they're small, they can be improved, but they'll never be huge. 

And you should be hitting them twice a week if you want to see them change.  Once a week isn't frequent enough for a muscle that your body moves and balances on all day long.  If you're overtraining them on that one workout to where they're too sore to train 4 days later, they're not gonna grow.  I've found that when I'm consistent with this regimen, my calves look better, I just get off track sometimes.

Day 1:
Seated Calf Raise
4 x 10-12 reps (go to failure)
Standing Calf Raise or Leg Press Calf Raise
4 x 10-12 (go to failure)

Day 2:
Single Leg Calf Raise
3 x 20
Leg Press Calf Raise
4-5 sets x 20-25 reps
Seated Calf Raise 
3 x 30 (lighter weight than Day 1, obviously)

You need some heavy work and some high-rep work to make them keep getting shocked into changing at all.  Then there's people who've never done a calf raise in their life and they look like they're smuggling babies behind their shins....

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Durden7 wrote:

Little update...

5 rep maxes:

Ehh..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Props.
Thanks.

The "Ehh" is because I wish a few of my lifts were slightly higher.  I wish my squat and deadlift were a few lbs more but grip strength and hamstring flexibility are limiting me in those two respectively.  Other than that, im very happy with where I am athletically. 

Edit:  Happy Anniv. fellas.

Just did a FMS Screening at a trainers meeting we had today.  Turns out my left hamstring is tighter than my right. (It's from a hip flexor issue, but I didn't explain all that to them.)  My deadlift is pretty good, but my squat needs to catch up and I'm pretty sure that's my biggest issue is that assymetry.  They were saying I'd be better off with 2 tight hamstrings than one tight and one good ROM, but that doesn't sound right to me at all.    

Back
Top Bottom