Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Who else has dealt with wrist pains in this thread? i had to resort to exercises with pushing motions as opposed to pulling because my right wrist would hurt like hell.
Wrap your wrists with tape or buy these.....

animal_wrist_wraps_450_white.jpeg

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Why is Crossfit TRASH? Put aside all monetary considerations.

For the same reasons that marathons are trash. 
Specifically when it comes to crossfit, the emphasis on time and a ******ed amount of reps when it comes to certain exercises is pretty stupid and dangerous as well as being unnecessary.

popcorn.gif

laugh.gif
 na,

The oly gym I currently train at has a level 3 crossfit trainer or whatever (comes there once a week because he knows the owner) and I tell him all the time that crossfit is basura.
laugh.gif
I'm sorry, but your reasoning is "basura".  Compare a ******ed amount of reps to a specific sport....say a 400m sprint.  What's the frequency of your legs turning over? It's a huge amount of reps.  You usually run them within a time frame, the more reps, the better.  When training for these sports, you over train your muscles and body...more reps, more time....more results

Tell me again, why you think it's garbage?
Go to any oly trainer and ask about doing 100 cleans or 100 snatches. Watch them laugh in your face.
Technical exercises require technique . Not a ******ed amount of reps all the while being timed. Some of the stuff they do is fine but the overall theme is garbage. It attempts to be all things and in the process just becomes average at most.
You are talking to a man that has trained doing all the Olympic lifts for the past 10 years, so I know what they are about....they are done for power....hence why they are called power lifts....but, at the same time there is no problem with doing high reps with low weight. These lifts, for the most part, incorporate all the major muscles so with high reps  you are getting a VERY good endurance work out....which is what cross-fit is....anyhow, I'm not about paying to join a cross fit gym...but I am about doing this the workouts myself at my local gyms

I don't train crossfit, so what do you think about me doing at a specialized exercise. Give me some time to specialize in it and I think I'll do fine. Better than the vast majority of "crossfitters" prob. 
It's like me asking you " Yo! what's your best snatch?" in response to you saying oly lifting sucks. I should ask "why?" not start asking you what;s your best at exercises you've never specialized in. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What do you need to train in doing pullups and thrusters....I suppose you've done them before, cause apparently your some gym rat...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]USAW doesn't have a problem with crossfit athletes competing [/color]

Don't even bother with dude concerning crossfit. It seems like he's made up his mind about it and isn't going to budge no matter what he is told.

I think crossfit is fine for what its supposed to do, which is to build conditioning, not to build power and ultimate strength.

*shrugs*

i just spent some time browsing and none of these cross fit guys have any amazing physiques from what i found

id go train with gym jones before any cross fit

he did them dudes in 300 justice

Technical exercises require technique . Not a ******ed amount of reps all the while being timed.
i agree with this statement wawa said.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i just spent some time browsing and none of these cross fit guys have any amazing physiques from what i found

id go train with gym jones before any cross fit

he did them dudes in 300 justice

Technical exercises require technique . Not a ******ed amount of reps all the while being timed.
i agree with this statement wawa said.

They also require muscle memory.  A lot of lifts are based off muscle memory. 

A lot of crossfitters are trained to do the lift properly even before going out to the timed exercises.  So doing insane amounts of reps promotes muscle memory, that is if they are doing the exercises with proper form.

I mean take it for what its worth, I myself don't do cross-fit.  but I don't see it as being completely useless.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Theres a lot of flaws with Crossfit.
Definitely. I don't like "Main Page Crossfit", but the concept is good for its goal. I hate how they focus on times and scores over technique and strength though. Risking injury for a few seconds off of a Fran time.

5' 9''
224lb
well over 25% fat gut

Dr said lose 20 or more lbs or else

been sluggish

I am on the second day of P90x

diet is vital

I bought Recreate to see if that helps me

going for it

nobody i know trains like that, none of these dudes on simplyshredded train like that

im good on crossfit

Starting my cutting diet at the beginning of March.  This is what it looks like:

8:45 AM 

4 Egg Whites & 1Whole Egg

1/2 Cup oats

11:45 AM

1 cup of low-fatcottage cheese

Handful of almonds

1:45 PM

1 can of tuna with choppedonions and lettuce

3:45 PM (1 hour pre-workout)

1.5 Scoop of WheyProtein (195 Calories; 36 g of protein)

4 TBSP of Dextrose(140 Calories; 36 g of carbs)

6:30 PM (Post-workout)

1.5 Scoops of WheyProtein (195 Calories; 36 g of protein)

5 TBSP of Dextrose(175 Calories; 45 g of carbs)

8:30 PM

2 Chicken Breasts

1 serving on vegetables(green beans, broccoli or spinach)

11:30 PM

1.5 scoop of CaseinProtein

Roughly 2400 Total Calories 

Thoughts?

Alex

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Starting my cutting diet at the beginning of March.  This is what it looks like:

8:45 AM 

4 Egg Whites & 1Whole Egg

1/2 Cup oats

11:45 AM

1 cup of low-fatcottage cheese

Handful of almonds

1:45 PM

1 can of tuna with choppedonions and lettuce

3:45 PM (1 hour pre-workout)

1.5 Scoop of WheyProtein (195 Calories; 36 g of protein)

4 TBSP of Dextrose(140 Calories; 36 g of carbs)

6:30 PM (Post-workout)

1.5 Scoops of WheyProtein (195 Calories; 36 g of protein)

5 TBSP of Dextrose(175 Calories; 45 g of carbs)

8:30 PM

2 Chicken Breasts

1 serving on vegetables(green beans, broccoli or spinach)

11:30 PM

1.5 scoop of CaseinProtein

Roughly 2400 Total Calories 

Thoughts?

Alex

Way too much protein unless those are 2 very very small chicken breasts. 

Name I Koop wrote:

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Why is Crossfit TRASH? Put aside all monetary considerations.

For the same reasons that marathons are trash. 
Specifically when it comes to crossfit, the emphasis on time and a ******ed amount of reps when it comes to certain exercises is pretty stupid and dangerous as well as being unnecessary.

popcorn.gif

laugh.gif
 na,

The oly gym I currently train at has a level 3 crossfit trainer or whatever (comes there once a week because he knows the owner) and I tell him all the time that crossfit is basura.
laugh.gif
I'm sorry, but your reasoning is "basura".  Compare a ******ed amount of reps to a specific sport....say a 400m sprint.  What's the frequency of your legs turning over? It's a huge amount of reps.  You usually run them within a time frame, the more reps, the better.  When training for these sports, you over train your muscles and body...more reps, more time....more results

Tell me again, why you think it's garbage?
Go to any oly trainer and ask about doing 100 cleans or 100 snatches. Watch them laugh in your face.
Technical exercises require technique . Not a ******ed amount of reps all the while being timed. Some of the stuff they do is fine but the overall theme is garbage. It attempts to be all things and in the process just becomes average at most.
You are talking to a man that has trained doing all the Olympic lifts for the past 10 years, so I know what they are about....they are done for power....hence why they are called power lifts....but, at the same time there is no problem with doing high reps with low weight. These lifts, for the most part, incorporate all the major muscles so with high reps  you are getting a VERY good endurance work out....which is what cross-fit is....anyhow, I'm not about paying to join a cross fit gym...but I am about doing this the workouts myself at my local gyms

You played football right? No offense but I know how athletes, especially in football, do the oly lifts. Mostly off of brute strength but very little technique. It's mostly as a result of football coaches/trainers advising them to practice the lifts (for obvious reasons) but never actually taking the time to develop the flexibility and technique. I was like that too until I started seeing an oly trainer.
 Once you get into the technique it's an entirely different world. I'm not saying this to offend you because I used to think I was doing oly lifts too when I was younger. I was doing power cleans and power snatches with little technique (at the time I thought it was great technique
laugh.gif
as I was putting up decent numbers) as well. 

When I said that crossfit is garbage that doesn't mean that there are no positives from it. Running marathons is pretty +*@$#@% stupid if you ask me but that doesn't mean that there aren't some valuable components within the training . 

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

I don't train crossfit, so what do you think about me doing at a specialized exercise. Give me some time to specialize in it and I think I'll do fine. Better than the vast majority of "crossfitters" prob. 
It's like me asking you " Yo! what's your best snatch?" in response to you saying oly lifting sucks. I should ask "why?" not start asking you what;s your best at exercises you've never specialized in. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What do you need to train in doing pullups and thrusters....I suppose you've done them before, cause apparently your some gym rat...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]USAW doesn't have a problem with crossfit athletes competing [/color]

I don't do pullups how crossfitters do them. I can but I don't. I like mine controlled and weighted.  Not flailing around like a fish out of water and doing as many bw pullups as I can. Like I said; one can specialize in anything. I can't run 2 miles without barfing prob Give me a month and some incentive and I'll put up a decent time most likely. It'd be nice to have an infinite amount of time to do/try it all but  we don't. 
The thrusters are fine and they were prob  taken from what is known as "clean complexes" in weightlifting. The problem is most crossfitters don't have the flexibility to rack the bar on their shoulders and I'm positive that many get wrist injuries/ strains as a result. Holding the BB while front squatting is just asking for it. There is also no way that you stay upright.  The weight may not be heavy enough for some to get wrist strains but it's still a pretty foolish thing to do. 

^^no offense taken....my power clean game is impeccable tho.  I'm a technical guy, I make sure that I am doing things with proper form when I can.  We had a proper weight coach at my school - I was cleaning around 220 max prior to him taking the position, he showed me what I was doing wrong technique wise and I was up to 300 by spring. Anyhow....I'm gonna go try my first solo HIIT regimen tonite....I'm starting slow, I'll try to make a video of it.... 

^^no offense taken....my power clean game is impeccable tho.  I'm a technical guy, I make sure that I am doing things with proper form when I can.  We had a proper weight coach at my school - I was cleaning around 220 max prior to him taking the position, he showed me what I was doing wrong technique wise and I was up to 300 by spring. Anyhow....I'm gonna go try my first solo HIIT regimen tonite....I'm starting slow, I'll try to make a video of it.... 

I believe you. Football athletes have pretty good power cleans. That's basically the de-facto power move in football weight training.
Though if you could full clean properly you'd easily put 25-35 kilos on that power clean. 

Football athletes should prob do power/hang snatches instead of cleans but there'd be a ton of rotator injuries.

Back
Top Bottom