Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Al Audi

durden youre gonna love this new supplement 
laugh.gif

http://www.hydrolyzeultra.com/

laugh.gif

I read the first paragraph and stopped there.  The sad part is im sure theres people out there who will believe this crap.

can you brolic dudes Al Audi and durden post your grocery list for foods, snacks, etc as a staple to follow for a "diet" of sorts.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

yay or nah?

taking a "recovery" protein drink before bed when "cutting"

and take into consideration my "cutiing" prolly isnt as extreme as what you guys do. more along the lines of getting "leaner"

sorry if i seem like a noob...im trying

and is salmon and catfish acceptable things to eat during this process?...

i like eating salmon on a cut.

you can drink a casein shake before bed or eat cottage cheese.

thats what i do when im leaning out and it works well

I need some advice.

I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs. (I used to be 195) my goal is to be 170 lbs. I've lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks. But I seem to have plateau'd and having a hard time losing the next 15 lbs.

When I was 195 I lifted a whole lot and ate a lot. so I wasn't cut, i just looked big with muscle and fat. But I wanted to look leaner/longer and I dont want that 'bulky' look IMO it looks kinda awkward since im short.

during the first 5 weeks I did nothing but cardio...

Mon/Wed/Fri - I pretty much went to the gym twice morning and night
Tues/Thurs - just on the evening
Sat/Sun - on the mornings

I would usually take a break on a Sat or Tues. It just depends on how my body felt. I would burn about 1000 calories per session. Anything from running for about 6 miles on threamill, and/or break it down and do 40 minutes on the bike and another 40 on the eliptical.

2 weeks ago I started adding 30 minutes of intense light weight training with my routine. But it seems like it is not working. I'm stuck at 185 and I can't seem to lose anymore weight.

BTW. I'm taking Jack3d (pre work out), Cell Mass (post work-out/before I go to sleep on my day off and I take another scoop as soon as I wake up), ON Gold standard Whey (mid-morning snack + fruit), Fish oil and Optimen multivitamin.

what am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I need some advice.

I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs. (I used to be 195) my goal is to be 170 lbs. I've lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks. But I seem to have plateau'd and having a hard time losing the next 15 lbs.

When I was 195 I lifted a whole lot and ate a lot. so I wasn't cut, i just looked big with muscle and fat. But I wanted to look leaner/longer and I dont want that 'bulky' look IMO it looks kinda awkward since im short.

I would usually take a break on a Sat or Tues. It just depends on how my body felt. I would burn about 1000 calories per session. Anything from running for about 6 miles on threamill, and/or break it down and do 40 minutes on the bike and another 40 on the eliptical.

2 weeks ago I started adding 30 minutes of intense light weight training with my routine. But it seems like it is not working. I'm stuck at 185 and I can't seem to lose anymore weight.

BTW. I'm taking Jack3d (pre work out), Cell Mass (post work-out/before I go to sleep on my day off and I take another scoop as soon as I wake up), ON Gold standard Whey (mid-morning snack + fruit), Fish oil and Optimen multivitamin.

what am I doing wrong?
Whats your diet like? Do you drink alot?  I would add heavier weight training into that regimen because light weight won't really help anything

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

I need some advice.

what am I doing wrong?
Whats your diet like? Do you drink alot?  I would add heavier weight training into that regimen because light weight won't really help anything
Heavier weight training?  I don't know I have one of those weird body types (I have Pacific Islander genes) I get big easily.  I'm not sure if that would just give me more bulk (which is something I'm trying to lose).  I'll try it for a couple of weeks though.  
As far my diet goes (I completely took alcohol out of the equation)  

I drink about (at least) 1.5 gallons of water everyday.

Here's a sample of my meals

Breakfast - 1 scoop of Cell Mass, an 2 apples or a banana or 1 cup of oatmeal with raisins/1 tsp of brown sugar.

Mid AM - One scoop of ON Whey + fruit

Lunch - Sandwich on Multigrain bread or a Salad.

Mid PM - Fruit (sometimes I eat a candy bar)

Dinner - Usually my biggest meal.  Steak/Chicken Breast/Salmon fillet w/brown or white rice or steamed veggies.

*one scoop of Cell Mass before I go to sleep* 

- I'm planning on cutting Cell Mass and replacing it with USP Labs BCAA once I'm done with tub.

I need some advice.

what am I doing wrong?

Gotta lift heavy weights, Multi-vitamin, Fish oil (2-3 grams) and COUNT YOUR CALORIES for a cut.

Find your maintenance calories, if you are stuck in the same weight for a couple weeks thats probably a good indication of your caloric maintenance at this point. Count every calorie, not with the eyeball test but through measurement, either a scale, or measuring cups etc. Do this for a few days if you eat a varying diet. When I cut its pretty much the same basic diet but I sub out proteins (chicken, salmon, tuna, etc.)

Deduct 300-500 calories from that maintenance level and then proceed. Try and get a 40 protein, 40 carb, 20 fat split. Protein should be lean, carbs should be complex and fat should be healthy (almonds, natural peanut butter, olive oil, avocado etc.)

Hope that helps

Heavier weight training?  I don't know I have one of those weird body types (I have Pacific Islander genes) I get big easily.  I'm not sure if that would just give me more bulk (which is something I'm trying to lose).  I'll try it for a couple of weeks though.  
As far my diet goes (I completely took alcohol out of the equation)  

I drink about (at least) 1.5 gallons of water everyday.

Here's a sample of my meals

Breakfast - 1 scoop of Cell Mass, an 2 apples or a banana or 1 cup of oatmeal with raisins/1 tsp of brown sugar.

Mid AM - One scoop of ON Whey + fruit

Lunch - Sandwich on Multigrain bread or a Salad.

Mid PM - Fruit (sometimes I eat a candy bar)

Dinner - Usually my biggest meal.  Steak/Chicken Breast/Salmon fillet w/brown or white rice or steamed veggies.

*one scoop of Cell Mass before I go to sleep* 

- I'm planning on cutting Cell Mass and replacing it with USP Labs BCAA once I'm done with tub.

Posted before you responded. The reason you want to lift heavy weights is that if your at a caloric deficit you will not be able to gain any mass. You will end up looking bigger as you will lose fat and be more defined/cut. By lifting heavy you are trying to preserve as much muscle mass as you can. I would drop the brown sugar and apples but thats just me. Protein shake with oats and a banana should be good. Fruit is not your best friend on a cut, try substituting leafy vegetables if you can: broccoli etc. Candy bar is definitely not gonna be the most beneficial as its mostly refined sugars so cut that for sure if you are willing.

CALORIES, CALORIES, CALORIES are the most important.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Gotta lift heavy weights, Multi-vitamin, Fish oil (2-3 grams) and COUNT YOUR CALORIES for a cut.

Find your maintenance calories, if you are stuck in the same weight for a couple weeks thats probably a good indication of your caloric maintenance at this point. Count every calorie, not with the eyeball test but through measurement, either a scale, or measuring cups etc. Do this for a few days if you eat a varying diet. When I cut its pretty much the same basic diet but I sub out proteins (chicken, salmon, tuna, etc.)

Deduct 300-500 calories from that maintenance level and then proceed. Try and get a 40 protein, 40 carb, 20 fat split. Protein should be lean, carbs should be complex and fat should be healthy (almonds, natural peanut butter, olive oil, avocado etc.)

Hope that helps
Thanks I would definitely try this out.  
Any suggestion on carbs?  I'm not a big fan of potatoes.  Should I try whole grain pastas?  And how do I measure calories on fruit and veggies?  I read about fruits containing a lot of sugars - should i also take fruits (I eat fuji apples, bananas, various berries, grapes, and oranges) out my diet?

Posted before you responded. The reason you want to lift heavy weights is that if your at a caloric deficit you will not be able to gain any mass. You will end up looking bigger as you will lose fat and be more defined/cut. By lifting heavy you are trying to preserve as much muscle mass as you can. I would drop the brown sugar and apples but thats just me. Protein shake with oats and a banana should be good. Fruit is not your best friend on a cut, try substituting leafy vegetables if you can: broccoli etc. Candy bar is definitely not gonna be the most beneficial as its mostly refined sugars so cut that for sure if you are willing.

CALORIES, CALORIES, CALORIES are the most important.

Thanks for the advice.  I've never really counted calories but I've been estimating.  I'm assuming I consume about 1800-2300 calories a day with the meal sample that I posted.  I cook most of my meals and I barely use any salt and use olive oil to cook most of my meals. 

I'll keep you guys posted and hopefully I see a difference in about 3-4 weeks.  cutting 400 calories is gonna be tough.  I feel hungry all the time already. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

can you brolic dudes Al Audi and durden post your grocery list for foods, snacks, etc as a staple to follow for a "diet" of sorts.

Basic for me, egg whites, bison, chicken, macadamia nut oil, shredded wheat, spinach. BTW I reaaally brought out my lagging shoulders with my compound routine, I think deads prolly did more for them than military press. I could post pics no ayo. I can honestly say deadlift is my fave exercise, also ppl look at you in the gym hardcore when doing these.Also, rotate between shredded wheat and oatmeal so I don't get bored.

^ Word...I always have the
eek.gif
(I wish I could do that look on my face) when some one dead lifts with 3-4 plates on each side. Then I walk away and hop on the threadmill and run my 6+ miles (I'm training to run a marathon that why I'm doing all this cardio/cutting weight).  I bet he can't do that. 
laugh.gif

I don't know why the stupid thread mills in my gym lets you run for only an hour
mad.gif
stupid machine will go on 'cool down' mode after it hits 60 minutes. 

I need some advice.

what am I doing wrong?

Geez 6 miles and you can't lose weight?!?! I usually run at least 1-2 miles per day and play basketball and I've lost about 12 lbs this month.... I just watch what I eat... I don't eat that many meals... and when I do its usually oatmeal, egg whites, chicken, fish or just some cereal. I drink tons of water and lift weights every other day... nothing to intense though

I can honestly say deadlift is my fave exercise, also ppl look at you in the gym hardcore when doing these
This

(My homie Strict told me, "Dude finish ya deadlifts.")

-The Juice

I need some advice.

what am I doing wrong?
Started out the same as you 5'8 195 and wanted to go down in the low 160's. Right now I am at 166. I remember plateauing at 170, what I did was change up my routine and ate lesser calories.

I need some advice.

what am I doing wrong?
So looking over your activity level and your sample diet I think you're eating too little. You're actually at about 1500-1800 calories and not enough protein in your diet.
Your activity level is pretty high... 6-7 days a week at 6 miles? plus weights? I would defiantly tone it down, remember...the harder you push your body the more you need to feed
it properly. That is if you run 10 miles your body will need lots of carbs and protein aswell as a nice rest so you dont put your body through unnecessary stress. Recovery is key!

I would personally have shorter sessions but with alot more intensity. Set a time limit, say 60 minutes, and watch the clock. Pretend its all you have and you must finish everything you want to in that time frame. Or if you can I would do 30 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach and then lift at the afternoon.

Supplements: I would drop the cellmass, its not beneficial to your goals. BCAA, Ive used and really notice no improvements. They are pretty good when doing cardio in a fasted state though.

Hope that helped.

Also GNC has blender bottles at $5 shipped , best shakers Ive owned. Only good for tonight though...

Originally Posted by gatorad3

to the guy asking about abs.. I got work on my abs just from regular deadlifts and squats since they work out the core. But I think front squats really hit the abs the most. I remember doing that and that $@! burned. But like the guy above me said abs are in the made kitchen

i like what you said here

In that case, my girlfriend better....
nerd.gif
nevermind.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

I can honestly say deadlift is my fave exercise, also ppl look at you in the gym hardcore when doing these
This

(My homie Strict told me, "Dude finish ya deadlifts.")

-The Juice
alien.gif

Basic for me, egg whites, bison, chicken, macadamia nut oil, shredded wheat, spinach. BTW I reaaally brought out my lagging shoulders with my compound routine, I think deads prolly did more for them than military press. I could post pics no ayo. I can honestly say deadlift is my fave exercise, also ppl look at you in the gym hardcore when doing these.Also, rotate between shredded wheat and oatmeal so I don't get bored.
Deadlifts are the best exercise in my opinion. Doing all the variations: conventional, snatch grip, suitcase, one leg, behind the back, etc. you can get very strong and build a nice physique. Audi, do you do conventional only or do you switch it up?
Watching all these olympic weightlifting videos makes me want to try it out so bad
laugh.gif

Need advice on how to get to 150 while gaining weight/muscle/mass
I'm 5"6 and weigh 130 (I plateau'd with my current routine)
True Mass (630 calories per serving, taking 3 servings a day) just doesn't cut it
I eat 3 meals per day, but my breakfast starts off small (banana + True Mass + cereal)
I only have a pull-up bar, 2x 10lb dumb bells, 2x 20lb dumb bells, P90x DVDs, Insanity Workout DVD

Which protein shake would you guys recommend for me? And how should I space out my meals through out the day? Thanks.

What do you guys feel about Deadlifts with the trap bar? I've never done them, but it looks so much more natural. Thinking about trying it out my next deadlift session.

^ would just recommend to either staying with True Mass, but having another 3 scoops aside from your Breakfast serving, and just to try to keep on eating, even its something real small, it'll add up.

as for the lifting, your going need to invest in some bigger dumbbells, maybe up to 50 pounds, and then go through your Insanity of P90x with the highest weighted dumbbells you can use to get through the workouts.

Back
Top Bottom