STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I wouldnt call localized muscular fatigue to be the same thing as overtraining though.

Overtraining exists, without a doubt. To those who dont believe its real, you just havent been around the right group of people. It happens to athletes A LOT.

I completely agree, I just don't think Joe "9-5" Schmoe is in that category. Some athletes work out multiple times a day.

Absolutely.

I should have also said that its pretty difficult to overtrain with the typical BBer-split routine.

How do you figure^

Cushing is my ideal physique btw, he's around the same height/build as me.

It was a joke. When Cushing got suspended he had a doctor speak about "overtrained athlete syndrome". He said that he trained so much it elevated his test levels for a positive test LOL

That dude isn't juicing. Peep the pictures, he's just taking C4 lol

The selfies... Him and lucky must be best friends.

Last edited:
I'll say this: I experiment with my own body and try different things. After all, everyone is different and will respond differently to the same program as someone else. That way you can always vouch for yourself when you come to the table to debate how something might or might not help you, yourself.

I think we should be more charitable when someone says that 10 reps has gotten a particular kind of result and also when someone says that 5 reps of something has gotten the sam kind of result. It super insulting to try and discredit the results someone has gotten, doing the way they did it, when there is in all likelihood physical evidence (the body) that 10 reps has gotten them the results someone is saying shouldn't be happening.

I guess I'm just saying everyone should experiment rather than try to explain things as rigidly as possible. It's all relative. I'm sure enough people in the world exist who can do get everything someone else is getting with a 5x5 using like a 5x10 or something. It's not like it's all law.

There are generally good bets someone can make: like, the heavier something is, the less you can move it, and so your body will try to adapt to be able to move it more; or the more you do something, the less you can do it over time, and so your body will try to adapt to be able to do it for longer (I'm approximating, but I hope my drift is caught). The reps, though, and almost all numbers involved are going to be relatively different for each person, accounting for all the individually unique variables.

Sorry I just am an opponent of rigidity.

Yo, is simeon panda natural?
indifferent.gif

based on physique, i can't tell if he uses anabolics. he doesn't look freakishly big nor super dry or ridiculously lean. need to see just how much he "blew up" in 2 years.

but those selfies. LOL [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

just started my push pull leg split. Loving it so far. Push Day A starts with flat bench strength and hypertrophy for shoulders which includes OHP. Did only 1 tricep isolation exercise and felt great. 

Before on my leg day I use to do SLDL now that im doing PPL i don't think I can do it any more. If I do I'l just go light.

But my question is how many times do you guys deadlift per week?

I know my back will be toasted from hitting squats 2x and deadlift 4x so I'm obviously not going to do that. Shoud I ditch SLDL? Or should I just stick to deadlift only for back day 2x a week?

Thanks.

Legs day

Anyone else on a cut have some advice on not feeling like a frail child in the gym. I am gonna need to start eating carbs pre-workout or something. I had greek yogurt for breakfast, then two cans of tuna for lunch, then pre-gym had a quest bar. I did shoulders and felt so weak....

Today is legs day and i packed a turkey sandwich for pre-gym. I can't have a bad leg workout...that will ruin my week. Legs day is my favorite day.

Back
Top Bottom