STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Calf training is basically time wasted. Its basically genetically determined and unless you actually go on stage and compete its a waste of time. Even for those interested in training for sports, there are other movements that are better served than isolated calf training.

thats not true you can definitely increase your calves somewhat.. of course genetics, inserts play a huge part.. most people just dont exhaust the calf muscle as much. It really takes alot of weight and pressure to build calf muscles up.

I never said it couldnt happen, im just saying that for most people its time that can be better spent somewhere else.

Calf strength is easier to increase than calf size. Calf size is incredibly difficult to alter. (at least increase to a noticable difference)

Calf training is basically time wasted. Its basically genetically determined and unless you actually go on stage and compete its a waste of time. Even for those interested in training for sports, there are other movements that are better served than isolated calf training.

Like what? Srs question.

Plyometrics, Clean variations (hang, power, pulls), Front squats, Sprints, Skipping, Jumping rope...

I've noticed Asian dudes have an easier time growing their calves.

I do them everytime I'm in the gym. Use little 5pound plates as ledges and calf raise on em. Does help.

We asians have big calves because the cut of our calves are low. I guess it's aesthetically pleasing for bodybuilders but for athletic purposes it sucks. I'd rather have higher cut calves and more explosiveness.

My calves grow.

I do heavy seated calve raises with drop sets.

Followed by standing calf raises 4 sets 8-12 reps.

Works for me.....
--

I'm cutting down May 1st. Might bulk right back up in August and start cutting February 2015 to be shredded for that summer.

Anyone here try to use the crooked E- Z bar and rest it on you're legs to do calf raises?

Btw bb.com has BOGO free for white flood. Been off stims for months but man I gotta give it up to it tastes like candy and pretty clean buzz. Taught my 8am TRX class, worked 4 hours them went to my restaurant job and worked 7 hours straight and was still copacetic. I'm dipping in the kool aid.

I might be misreading this but you're telling me he did 365lbs, for 177 reps?

Wut? :rofl:

You have 8 minutes

You start off @ 135lb for 10 reps and increase each set by 5 reps and 50lbs

Most people are not gonna make it pass 120reps that's adding the DLs and the boxjumps....so first set is 25 reps, second set is 55 reps and so on....is not that difficult to understand man...lol

I got 90 reps...

Last edited:
Is called the Crossfit GAMES for a reason, it's pretty much a competitive sport and is actually pretty fun to watch and when you've actually done CF for a couple of months and experienced the level of fatigue after some of these wods or even tried a scaled version of the open WODS you really are blown by the level of endurance of these men and women who compete on an elite level, not only that, but their pacing and strategy, it's really incredible bruhs.

Skipped the gym all week last week, :smh: back at it tonight tho. Found some exercisesexercises to rehab my tendonitis too

I found a cool Xfit workout online on Sunday morning, it was called Cindy XXX. Decided to give it a try even though I wasn't feeling great from the extensive partying I did on Sat for Pattys. Workout is as follows:

10 pullups
20 pushups
30 air squats
15 pulls
30 push
45 squats
20 pulls
40 push
60 squats
25 pulls
50 push
75 squat
30 pulls
60 push
90 squat

This workout is for time, so it should be completed as fast as possible. Completed it in 16min 51 secs with no breaks in reps. From what I am seeing online this is a pretty decent score. Any Xfitters on here know anything about this workout? Ever tried it? Just looking for some guidance on whether I should be happy w/ those results, as I have only done about 4-5 Xfit workouts in my lifting career.

For athletic purposes it absolutely does. The length of achilles tendon plays a big role in power/leaping ability.

Absolutely. Before I knew anything physiologically abt the body I always noticed that athletes with higher calf muscles sprinted the fastest and jumped the highest majority of the time.

Im Asian with no calves no matter how much I work them lol

How would one deal with tendinitis? Im just curious because it seems to be a common problem in lifting

Absolutely. Before I knew anything physiologically abt the body I always noticed that athletes with higher calf muscles sprinted the fastest and jumped the highest majority of the time.
True, I have high calf inserts and was always a decent sprinter and ok jumper for my height.

Did this leg workout today. Tell me what you guys think of it. I'm aiming to create functional strength in my legs.

4 sets
Barbell squats 6 reps
20 seconds rest
Jump squats 7 reps
1.5-2 min rest

2 sets
Goblet squats- 12 reps
rest 20 sec
Walking lunges- 10 reps per leg
rest 20 secs
Hip thrusts- failure
rest 1 min

2 sets
Sumo deadlift- 5 reps
rest 20 seconds
Jumping lunges 6-8 per leg
rest 1.5-2 min

Might add more volume next time but I was pressed for time today.

I found a cool Xfit workout online on Sunday morning, it was called Cindy XXX. Decided to give it a try even though I wasn't feeling great from the extensive partying I did on Sat for Pattys. Workout is as follows:

10 pullups
20 pushups
30 air squats
15 pulls
30 push
45 squats
20 pulls
40 push
60 squats
25 pulls
50 push
75 squat
30 pulls
60 push
90 squat

This workout is for time, so it should be completed as fast as possible. Completed it in 16min 51 secs with no breaks in reps. From what I am seeing online this is a pretty decent score. Any Xfitters on here know anything about this workout? Ever tried it? Just looking for some guidance on whether I should be happy w/ those results, as I have only done about 4-5 Xfit workouts in my lifting career.

That's not Cindy, it's a variation of it.

Cindy is
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

20 minute AMRAP (As many rounds as possible)

Looks like you did around 15 rounds. If you would've had those extra 3 minutes you would've cranked out about 3-5. It's average. 20-25 is above average, 25-30 is great, 30+ is elite/competition level.

MAN TAKE THIS NONSENSE TO THE CROSSFIT THREAD

JK 

Dude, we just had a page and a half on ******* calf raises, this thread needs this, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom