STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

go ahead and throw some of those banana nut quest bars my way.

and Jew
I don't have a problem with crossfit (I don't do it. )

All it is is circuit training..with stints of olympic lifting (hence the name CF)

I'm not bashing it.

My observational sample size to my comments obviously aren't huge only being in 1 state (and was in another country and only saw 3 CF gyms)

Just saying the people I see do it and carrying on and super pumped about it are either ex Jocks. who miss being able to do team based stuff and run around yelling slamming weights
or people who are new to working out think it looks cool / the people who want to join team based stuff for motivation (nothing wrong with either) that were never really athletic from the jump (which are the people I think should learn basics first.

reading that back it sounds a bit like hating or disrespecting but im not...

As long as they're practicing safe habits and correct form it's cool ...

go ahead and throw some of those banana nut quest bars my way.

and Jew
I don't have a problem with crossfit (I don't do it. )

All it is is circuit training..with stints of olympic lifting (hence the name CF)

I'm not bashing it.

My observational sample size to my comments obviously aren't huge only being in 1 state (and was in another country and only saw 3 CF gyms)

Just saying the people I see do it and carrying on and super pumped about it are either ex Jocks. who miss being able to do team based stuff and run around yelling slamming weights
or people who are new to working out think it looks cool / the people who want to join team based stuff for motivation (nothing wrong with either) that were never really athletic from the jump (which are the people I think should learn basics first.

reading that back it sounds a bit like hating or disrespecting but im not...

As long as they're practicing safe habits and correct form it's cool ...
You are absolutely right about the new people wanting to be motivated from each other. Dunno about the other part though about thr ex jocks. I think some people just need other people cheering them on to motivate. Most gym guys don't need that. They need headphones and a spotter when needed.

Cross fit is for ex jocks to feel relevant again and and for non jocks to feel like jocks.

Not saying thats a bad thing.
In my eyes its the same as people who start mma in their 30s.
They miss fighting (or being a bad *****# )

But again no disrespect

I dig it cause I get where you're coming from. But then you gotta try and separate "athlete" from "competive "or disciplined" and those kinds of states of minds. You don't need to have been a jock to know what competitive spirit is or determination is. I'm sure there are bright physicists who like to work out hard too and now how to be competitive without having played a sport. That kind of thing.

But I'm sure there are Johnny Football dudes who wear their peaked-in-highschool letterman jackets to the box or something.

Btw back squatted 240 (which ain't much for yall) after only doing 225 last week. I'm telling you man if you asked me a year ago if I'd be able to do that **** again coming off that ACL I'd be hesitant to get excited. But I'm loving life right now. 3 plates doesn't seem to far after all. TeamSBD4lyfe.

Good job Hyper 
nthat.gif

Im on my second ACL in my right knee so I feel you on that.

The only things you're supposed to be working out in Vegas are your liver and the sloots, bro.

Had a stomach bug yesterday, still got in to the gym today on an empty stomach. Missed 275 ohp with the new superfat gripz. Oh well. 

So no ex jocks in body building?

Ya'll juicing to the point you can't wipe your own *** and don't even compete. Trying to be the next Joey Swoll but don't have the Shredz team behind you.

Showing up to your $20/month gym in your stringer tank, and your big beats headphones pumping yourself up like its game 7 of the NBA finals and you are LeBron James.

:lol:

Dudes went to an affiliate and are making scientific observations. Nobody shows up to any gym in a letterman jacket. :lol:

Ay appreciate it BIGBRUH. got a 205 front squat today too! lost my footing on the way up...but my abs bailed me out this time (leaned forward, bar hit my throat, which was weird, but got back in the nick of time). def a time the belt would've helped (hopefully next week for the inzer...)

Ok so got home (go dubs! i wish i could keep turning up work) and got my bb.com package.

not only did that **** come in 2 days but they threw in 10lbs of pro gainer fofree. has that ever happened? i'm beyond stoked. it's banana cream flavor but still dude that's hella free **** haha

Last edited:
Is it true you need carbs to get big?
I'm a big dude, 6'6 250, about 14% body fat, I'm trynna get my abs popping off, but I got a good layer of fat in my midsection and thighs (that's where majority of my fat is)

I'm thinking about cutting carbs, and just rocking with mad meat and veggies. Maybe only carbs before a workout for that energy boost. Now if I do this low carb diet, will I lose mass and muscle? Even if I eat a lot of it to take like 3000 calories a day?
I'm confused if you can't tell

PS thanks to those on here who have given me advice before. I suck when it comes to giving reps but just know that I appreciate it :lol: :pimp:

dude i'm lowkey scared to taste that. but i mean **** it. free is free and i'm sure it tastes better than alcohol usually tastes. i'll survive i hope.

Back
Top Bottom