STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Is it true you need carbs to get big?
I'm a big dude, 6'6 250, about 14% body fat, I'm trynna get my abs popping off, but I got a good layer of fat in my midsection and thighs (that's where majority of my fat is)

I'm thinking about cutting carbs, and just rocking with mad meat and veggies. Maybe only carbs before a workout for that energy boost. Now if I do this low carb diet, will I lose mass and muscle? Even if I eat a lot of it to take like 3000 calories a day?
I'm confused if you can't tell
If you eat more than you expend, you'll gain weight. If you eat less, you'll lose. That's it. 

Is it true you need carbs to get big?
I'm a big dude, 6'6 250, about 14% body fat, I'm trynna get my abs popping off, but I got a good layer of fat in my midsection and thighs (that's where majority of my fat is)

I'm thinking about cutting carbs, and just rocking with mad meat and veggies. Maybe only carbs before a workout for that energy boost. Now if I do this low carb diet, will I lose mass and muscle? Even if I eat a lot of it to take like 3000 calories a day?
I'm confused if you can't tell

i'm wondering this as well. I'm about to start cooking sundays and making meals for the week ahead. I bought a scale and everything. also I'm looking to tone up my stomach as well. Heres a work out I'm trying every night to do so and get that V shape in my midsection.

Last edited:

I've been in the gym steady the past 60 days. May post some before and after shots soon. Looking to implement more cardio into my workout as well. 6'2 230lbs right now. Would love to stay at this size only less body fat. Any advice for that? I'm sure it will mean diet but I don't know exactly where to start.

I've been in the gym steady the past 60 days. May post some before and after shots soon. Looking to implement more cardio into my workout as well. 6'2 230lbs right now. Would love to stay at this size only less body fat. Any advice for that? I'm sure it will mean diet but I don't know exactly where to start.
http://youtube.com/theonlinecoachtube

Watch his videos. He's all about the "slow and steady" route - he's cutting and keeping most of his strength and size. No cardio though

^Repped. Slow & Steady sounds good to me. I'm just looking to finish the year out strong. Anyone have any other resources for dieting? IG accounts? Looking to cook all day tomorrow after I get back from the gym and be set for the week.

Vitamix all day if you got money to blow. I have a ninja blender and bullet and they work great, never any issues.

I drink one every day to help me get extra protein in my diet. I love the taste. I'm lactose n tolerant and if I take a protein powder I'm down for the count.

I drink one every day to help me get extra protein in my diet. I love the taste. I'm lactose n tolerant and if I take a protein powder I'm down for the count.

I'm lactose intolerant also, cheese yogurt, cream milk all bother me.

but I can handle protein powder..
are you that sensitive to it?

Anyone ever had supreme protein bars. Got like 30g of protein and 400 something cals. Anyone know how they taste?

supreme bars taste pretty good. dunno how good the ingredients are though. anyone buying those protein bars/drinks, check the protein source. if it contains hydrolysed collagen, that has a biological value of 0 and does nothing for building lean mass.

I'm thinking that I should start front squatting. I back squatted 405 for the first time last week, but I'm positive that I would be fighting for my life if I tried to front squat even one plate.

Last edited:
started front squatting a couple weeks ago..it's misery but I know it will be beneficial long term for my back squat

really feel it work my core

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever had supreme protein bars. Got like 30g of protein and 400 something cals. Anyone know how they taste?

I use to love Supreme bars. they're like 1.50 at Wal-mart,
I stopped eating them though always felt crappy after eating it.

only way now is if it's right after a work out. when im all revved up.

dang homie. everyone always gets on me about being lactose....like omergahd u cant eat cheese how do you live..... lol i know you know those pains of people always telling you how glorious milk products are..

Back
Top Bottom