STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I don't know if it's just me , but I feel the high volume, low weight sessions are way more tiring than the low volume, high weight sessions.

Can someone please check to see if the 30% BB.Com code works form them 

I thought it expired tonite at 12 but its not working for me

Ive legit asked 4 times 
laugh.gif

There's something extra satisfying about having a ridiculously large cheat meal and still waking up feeling lean. Used to wake up feeling like straight trash.

Alright guys, its been way too long. 

Does anyone here have experience fasting over 24hrs?  Im definitely going to skip out on meals today.. thinking about going longer than that. 

Does anyone here have experience fasting over 24hrs?  Im definitely going to skip out on meals today.. thinking about going longer than that. 

Whats your reasoning?

If you're doing this as a way to make up cheat meals or as a quick fix, def wouldn't recommend.

Does anyone here have experience fasting over 24hrs?  I'm definitely going to skip out on meals today.. thinking about going longer than that. 
Whats your reasoning?
8-9 Years ago I weighed 225... I went on the most ridiculous crash course diet and cut down to 155 pretty lean thanks to gym time/ hooping/ insanity and p80.. well 3 stressful years have passed since and I hit 180 on the scale :\

Only somewhat positive* things i did over the last few years were usually select organic and cutting out alcohol/ciggs/low quality fast foods (saying bye to CFA will be hard but I will do it).

Last week I woke up and said F it and ran sprints and hit the gym up.. 

2 weeks into it and I just jogged a distance that would have required 5 stops 2 weeks ago.   Lifting wise I'm doing a lot better than expected, almost instantly snapped back into my old strength. 
I think my body has been hoarding fat on some hibernation survival ****... Just trying to shock myself out of this BS stage.. hope that makes sense. 

Last edited:

If you're doing this as a way to make up cheat meals or as a quick fix, def wouldn't recommend.
Thanks for the reply.  Definitely not planning to use this to compensate a bad diet.  I plan to only eat nutrient rich- low fat foods and cut out all carbs..

Just trying this fast out to send my body into reboot/refresh mode. 

Last edited:

8-9 Years ago I weighed 225... I went on the most ridiculous crash course diet and cut down to 155 pretty lean thanks to gym time/ hooping/ insanity and p80.. well 3 stressful years have passed since and I hit 180 on the scale :\

Only somewhat positive* things i did over the last few years were usually select organic and cutting out alcohol/ciggs/low quality fast foods (saying bye to CFA will be hard but I will do it).

Last week I woke up and said F it and ran sprints and hit the gym up.. 

2 weeks into it and I just jogged a distance that would have required 5 stops 2 weeks ago.   Lifting wise I'm doing a lot better than expected, almost instantly snapped back into my old strength. 

I think my body has been hoarding fat on some hibernation survival ****... Just trying to shock myself out of this BS stage.. hope that makes sense. 

I feel you and I've been there before.

My philosophy on this sort of stuff is - if you're looking to make a long term lifestyle change, you don't need these crash course diets or crazy type of stuff to shock yourself out of certain stages. Just stay consistent, eat a reasonable amount depending on your goals, workout 4 to 6 times a week. You'll get to where you want to be. It's not going to happen overnight or in a few days. Focus on progress. This is a life long journey.

In my experience, doing this sort of stuff just leads to losing weight for a bit then gaining it a lot of it back. Or losing weight but being miserable doing it. Kind of ruins the point.

EDIT: I guess I'll add - I've done that sort of stuff before. I don't think it's awful if it's short term and you're disciplined enough to come back with a healthy diet when you finish. No real science behind that though. Most people are worried that you'll fast for 24 hours then come back so hungry that you just eat everything in sight. I'd still be careful.

Last edited:
I've said 2.5 under your heel thing before. and you said no before, but you never explained why it's bad.

It has helped me with my depth over the years and this is coming from someone who had no depth at all squatting.

when I get to the 225+ I ditch it and just go with whatever shoes or no shoes.
but it has helped me keep my form and get down in depth.

if there is a reason I should never do it again let me know...

like i said when i put those romaloes on once. thats all it felt like to me. except it felt like my toes were locked in to the ground better.

Everyone's different but the plates under heels thing I've found is better for front squats than anything else. With back squats your torso leans forward more, or at least it should for most people, which would push your hips back further.

The way the front squat is loaded it keeps you more upright so for some people especially with longer legs etc it can be tougher to keep your heels down or to feel stable. Elevated heel fixes this but it can be a little dicey trying it with your max attempt.

Can someone please check to see if the 30% BB.Com code works form them 

I thought it expired tonite at 12 but its not working for me

Ive legit asked 4 times :lol:
30% code expired a few days ago. use this for 20% off those selected supps: 20SUPP2015

Every lift was to 55-65 percent this session and I was pooped at the end of it.

Probably because Friday night they were having me go to 85 and/or max

Judging by the numbers for this week's program, it looks like a deload week. I need it badly lol

Last edited:
I've said 2.5 under your heel thing before. and you said no before, but you never explained why it's bad.

I just think its dangerous for one and not need for general bodybuilding training, just hit the depth you can without them. But if you really care about it then work on the things that cause you from not being able to hit depth, mobility being the biggest issue probably.

carbs are amazing. I love waking up in the morning after having a whole tub of pasta the night prior

is eating a peanut butter sandwich right before bed good?That's my go to food just wondering

Back
Top Bottom