STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I love benching but I can't squat. My right arm won't allow it from an injury. Can't front squat period I do back squats with a smith machine so I don't pop my elbow out of the socket. I'll never attempt a real squat with free weights.

I love benching but I can't squat. My right arm won't allow it from an injury. Can't front squat period I do back squats with a smith machine so I don't pop my elbow out of the socket. I'll never attempt a real squat with free weights.

Last edited:
Repped man. I'm about to hit that tonight. It actually feels good to bend it that way to stretch it out. Just going back and up kills me.

What do you guys got for traps? My main trap isolating lift is shrugs. 5 reps, hold up 5 seconds, 4 reps hold up 4 seconds.... You get it.

Repped man. I'm about to hit that tonight. It actually feels good to bend it that way to stretch it out. Just going back and up kills me.

What do you guys got for traps? My main trap isolating lift is shrugs. 5 reps, hold up 5 seconds, 4 reps hold up 4 seconds.... You get it.
I too get joint discomfort due to arm position while squatting, specifically in my ulnar nerve. So I try to mix it up as much as possible when I do legs. I feel most comfortable doing deadlifts and lunges as the core movements.

Personally, I don't isolate upper traps. I feel like they get hit plenty during deadlifts. But any type of shoulder elevation (like shrugs) should target your upper traps. There's a lot of variations:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html#UpperTrap

Injuries dont care about weight. I've seen people injury themselves just by picking up a pen off the ground or putting a box above their head incorrectly.

Form is everything.
Dude I know a little about squatting. He's not gonna hurt himself doing those. 

I too get joint discomfort due to arm position while squatting, specifically in my ulnar nerve. So I try to mix it up as much as possible when I do legs. I feel most comfortable doing deadlifts and lunges as the core movements.

Personally, I don't isolate upper traps. I feel like they get hit plenty during deadlifts. But any type of shoulder elevation (like shrugs) should target your upper traps. There's a lot of variations:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html#UpperTrap

Yeah my ulnar nerve was severed. Got some of the feeling back but my pinky and ring finger still kind of do what they want. Luckily I'm left handed so I don't trip. Plenty of work arounds.

I'll check that link out also.

You guys oversold that Jon Jones squat. That wasnt bad at all. It wasnt beautiful, but ive seen MUCHHH worse.

I watched that bb hack squat video, that looks like a good exercise... ive never seen anyone do that at my gym (la fitness)

when lifting heavy on my DL my hand always looses grip/slips.

Any way to fix this? I have pretty small hands if that matters... Will wearing gloves fix this? If so, anyone wanna recommend me some gloves?

when lifting heavy on my DL my hand always looses grip/slips.

Any way to fix this? I have pretty small hands if that matters... Will wearing gloves fix this? If so, anyone wanna recommend me some gloves?

I have the same problem regular gloves won't really help a whole lot it'll still be tough to hang on if your grip isn't great. You can try to use straps. I don't want to go that route so I've been working on my forearm muscles to strengthen my grip. I also do mixed grip when I can't hold it anymore with double overhand and it helps

anybody know the best way to deal with plantar fasciitis? i tried incorporating jump rope into my day but i get pain in arch of my foot...i looked it up and my symptoms match up with what I've read...
frown.gif

Just chill for a week or 2. Put a golf ball on the floor and roll your foot around on it, make it hurt. Hasn't been a problem for me since

I gave someone else this advice before in here. Whoever you are, how's your foot?

Last edited:
anybody know the best way to deal with plantar fasciitis? i tried incorporating jump rope into my day but i get pain in arch of my foot...i looked it up and my symptoms match up with what I've read...:frown:

Archillies, Calves and foot stretches. Roll pin on your foot.

How are you jumping? Flat? Toes?

I do my double unders barefoot when practicing. Helps a lot for me.

Archillies, Calves and foot stretches. Roll pin on your foot.

How are you jumping? Flat? Toes?

I do my double unders barefoot when practicing. Helps a lot for me.
toes...my calves are sore just from doing a few sets...was trying to go at 2 min intervals of slower rope turns to get used to it, but the arch pain came back

am jumping nike free runs, if the shoe type matters

Chalked not allowed in the gym? Blasphemy

What gym is this?

You may want to strap up those forearm then.

even with mixed grip it slips on my right hand :\  and chalk isnt allowed in my gym.

Well then im not sure man. Straps aren't going to help your grip strength. If you can't hold the weight you should probably lower it. Work with a weight you can handle and work up.

Or you could join a gym where you can use chalk :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom