STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol, not even a Ravens fan though bruh. I do want em to win though.

i try and eat one of these if i dont have a protein shake

tryna eat these moe after i lift and do the shake after i have track practice

Probably better to drink the shake after your lift, and the bar after track. Your muscles are going to need nutrients after lifting and, I'm pretty sure a shake would digest faster than a bar.

He said he only eats them IF he doesn't have a shake.

Ah, thanks for the correction. However... how hard is it to carry a shaker bottle with a scoop in it already? If he's at track practice, there will definitely be water somewhere nearby.

I cook up a big pot early in the week when I want to do a lot of oatmeal.  Toss it in containers and heat up as the week goes on.
what kind of oats are you using, anything you put in there to make it taste better?
I do either regular or steel cut.

Fruit is good to improve the taste.  I usually have it with almond milk and some raisins.  Sometimes dried cranberries.  I'll even do applesauce here and there.

I'm really tempted to do DTP.  It's been a while since I've followed a strict program, but the one workout I did from DTP (chest/back) was probably one of the toughest workouts I've done in quite some time.  The fact that it's 4 weeks is very attractive.  Can do it Feb and then go on with my plans to improve explosive strength and stamina to get ready to give MMA training a shot.

Just watched the first two DTP videos, today will be leg day.

... I added it to my bodyspace page, so I can be held accountable :lol:

DTP begins in an hour :pimp:

People on bb.com mix a scoop of protein with their oats to make proats

I don't really eat oatmeal but when I do I put some yogurt and maple syrup

Perfectly fine to do one pre-workout.  Not necessary, but if I had to do more than just post-workout, I'd do one pre.

I remember reading about a study which compared people who worked out with a pre and post shake versus ONLY post shake. The Pre & Post increased their strength by as much as 10% more than ONLY post shake folks.

I'm finishing week 2 of DTP. I'm LOVING it so far. Mentally/physically taxing, but that's what I want. I just tried it to switch things up a bit. I'm always trying new workouts, but I'm a fan of Gethin after doing this. I'm probably going to try his 12 week trainer after I wrap up these DTPs.
I use this:

McCann%27s_Steel_Cut_Irish_Oatmeal_tin.jpg

I add a little brown sugar and bananas.

what kind of oats are you using, anything you put in there to make it taste better?

I ALWAYS add Blueberries/Bananas/Pineapples chunks to add flavor...and if I'm feeling frisky, some honey too. But the fruit makes the taste clean and refreshing alone. I just recently grabbed that 25lb bag of Steel Cut Oats that Gethin showcases in his grocery video...not entirely sure the differences between Irish Steel Cut and non-Irish Steel Cut :lol:

Gethin recommended doing DTP then going into the 12 week trainer.

Same. My only dilemma is that I told myself I was going to add Deadlifts/Squats to my next workout. Gethin's 12-week plan doesn't have those. I'm at a crossroads :lol: Thoughts? Resistance is resistance?

I chug my protein shake at MOST 30 minutes after my workouts. That way the muscle is feeding off of that rather than other fats from food. This is what i am taking at the moment.

http://eas.com/product/eas-lean-15-protein-powder

Meh, I hear the arguments for both side as far is YOU MUST get in that protein ASAP vs. as long as you get it in it's fine. What do ya'll think?

About to get hit up some squats and legs, FML but at the same time, the soreness feels so good.

Meh, I hear the arguments for both side as far is YOU MUST get in that protein ASAP vs. as long as you get it in it's fine. What do ya'll think?

About to get hit up some squats and legs, FML but at the same time, the soreness feels so good.

I don't think it will make a significant difference but it can't hurt to get it in asap. I'm usually starving by the end of my workout so I drink it as soon as a I get home

I chug my protein shake at MOST 30 minutes after my workouts. That way the muscle is feeding off of that rather than other fats from food. This is what i am taking at the moment.

http://eas.com/product/eas-lean-15-protein-powder
I always have my shake as soon as I get home from the gym just because, but I believe as long as you get enough protein in for the day, you're fine.

I think it's pretty much been proven that as long as you get all your protein for the day, it really doesn't matter.

Kinda bloated but post workout I clocked in at 260 last sat, didn't do IF today or yesterday had cravings for KFC but still fit it in my macros, next weigh in in sat.

Stil fat as heck hoping the 220s look good when I get there.

Oh yea wore these toay instead of my Dowins and they are AMAZING for leg workouts

Taking the next 3 days off to heal after 5 days straight. Gonna get back on a mon-fri schedule. Have a good weekend Team Fit!!

Kinda bloated but post workout I clocked in at 260 last sat, didn't do IF today or yesterday had cravings for KFC but still fit it in my macros, next weigh in in sat.

Stil fat as heck hoping the 220s look good when I get there.

Oh yea wore these toay instead of my Dowins and they are AMAZING for leg workouts

Keep it up Lucky!

Back
Top Bottom