STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man. Romaleos 2 probably going to be super cheap now.

I might get another pair of 2s in this colorway

I might change my mind though if they have the 3s in a similar color

Last edited:
Man. Romaleos 2 probably going to be super cheap now.

I might get another pair of 2s in this colorway

I might change my mind though if they have the 3s in a similar color
Then people won't even have to wonder anymore!!

laugh.gif

Been doing martial arts for 5 years now. Like freeze said if you do it consistently you will look lean and jacked

Only if you are hitting the weights a long with it.

Kinda disagree with this. Depends what you're doing. If you're doing any grappling like BJJ or wrestling then you're gonna be pretty lean and you'll have some muscle for sure. Obviously not as much if you lifted too. I never did much boxing so I can't say how much muscle you'll build but you'll be lean if you actually train consistently

I did BJJ for almost 4 years and took probably 10 Muay Thai classes and 2 mma classes :lol:

Kinda disagree with this. Depends what you're doing. If you're doing any grappling like BJJ or wrestling then you're gonna be pretty lean and you'll have some muscle for sure. Obviously not as much if you lifted too. I never did much boxing so I can't say how much muscle you'll build but you'll be lean if you actually train consistently

I did BJJ for almost 4 years and took probably 10 Muay Thai classes and 2 mma classes
laugh.gif
Lean yes, jacked in the true sense of the word? Probably not unless you have really good genetics. I mean don't get me wrong you will be in great shape but just doing karate or MMA doesnt build any muscle to get you jacked like doing it plus lifting would.

Anyone want the Under Armour Band for $50? Got one and I won't be using it, they are gong for $100 brand new.

I did BJJ for almost 4 years and took probably 10 Muay Thai classes and 2 mma classes
laugh.gif
Lean yes, jacked in the true sense of the word? Probably not unless you have really good genetics. I mean don't get me wrong you will be in great shape but just doing karate or MMA doesnt build any muscle to get you jacked like doing it plus lifting would.
I can't speak for other fighting sports or martial arts but I have a little competitive boxing background. 

Any serious boxing training is going to incorporate resistance training into its methodology, but you're not going to build muscle mass from sparing or hitting a bag. It's going to come from the weightlifting and other types of resistance training. 

Same with grappling/wrestling in other sports, that's not going to be the right type of resistance to build muscle mass. 

The sport activity alone could help get you lean though, give your muscles a bigger more defined appearance as your body fat % lowers. 

Last edited:
My sister I feel had the natural talent to be good at muay thai. She tried it for a while and got good at it. But then she dropped it for crossfit. She's not doing either one right now.

Yes theres lots of calisthenics in boxing and other fighting sports, plus some kind of strength and conditioning . While youre not training to build big muscles some people do get lean jacked. You wont get super brolic but it will make you shredded and make you look bigger than you actually are.

The only down side is that mma is cool now and extremely expensive. Most boxing gyms are still pretty cheap tho. Anyone interested look around youre bound to find free trial classes

Marmour what's good with them hoodies? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

I'm waiting on my homeboy to meet me. We been having conflict of time meet up. Don't worry once I get them, I'm sending them off. He said Thursday. I'm off early so it shouldn't be no excuse.

This what happens when you do business with friends. Should of been had them smh

Last edited:
How much are weekly/daily passes or trials at your gyms? 

My university gym is closed until early January and I'm still looking for another gym to go to while I wait. I want to go to one of the YMCAs in the city but their website now shows no signs of a weekly pass. I did this last year and they had a nice $34 weekly trial I used for a few workouts. My options now are either a $14.99 daily pass or a monthly membership/trial. I know a workout is important and I don't want to ruin my progress, but $15 a day? Come on now. I can afford it, but a price like that for a day seems ridiculous.

I could look at other gyms, though. They're far out in the city, but I guess it's worth it. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom