STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Managed 2 wide grip pull ups the other day. Never done that before in my life. Still aint ish but dat slow progress

Managed 2 wide grip pull ups the other day. Never done that before in my life. Still aint ish but dat slow progress

Do them daily and you'll flourish. My buddy could barely do a set. He did the 1000 in a month with me and was hitting sets of 10 after the first week.

Rumble Gang Rumble Gang

Nice, your lats got bigger from what I remember. I mean that as non creepy as possible.
Thanks fam. Yup got much bigger. Part of it coming from doing some pulldowns and rows at work while I'm supposed to be doing other stuff. So I'm basically doing back twice a week

I talked about it a few times when I did it in May. Just decided I wanted to hit 1000 in a month and went for it. I do mine strict to dead hang each rep. Challenging, but 100% doable. It's much easier if you have a bar at home because even if you take off you can you don't have to fall behind.

Rumble Gang Rumble Gang

Nice, your lats got bigger from what I remember. I mean that as non creepy as possible.
Thanks fam. Yup got much bigger. Part of it coming from doing some pulldowns and rows at work while I'm supposed to be doing other stuff. So I'm basically doing back twice a week

Nice, in a perfect world I do back twice too. One is deadlifts and good mornings or whatever lower back stuff and the other is rows and upper back things.

Anyone tried Charles Polequin's intensification/accumulation workouts??

just not doing it for me so far

I think someone copped and reviewed a few pages ago. Buried somewhere in the tough guy flame war a few pages back

Last edited:
Tough guy crew checking in.

I'm not a huge fan of the Retcons, I barely ever use mine.

I'm tired of squatting heavy bros, I been *****ing out on them lately and not hitting them as hard as I used to. I gotta get my mojo back.

I'm tired of squatting heavy bros, I been *****ing out on them lately and not hitting them as hard as I used to. I gotta get my mojo back.
Do you think it has to do with you cutting?

Ehhh maybe slightly but the main reason is just mental, I kind of lost my love for it, plus the rack/bar set up at the Golds I go to is awful.
Ohh okay. I can see it getting old after years of it. I've only been squatting for 4 months and it's by far my favorite lift.

Whos mans?

Ehhh maybe slightly but the main reason is just mental, I kind of lost my love for it, plus the rack/bar set up at the Golds I go to is awful.

You got any PL gyms near you?

I remember watching vids of you squatting 5+ plates on the most trash racks I seen. :lol:

Feel like with better conditions of course you would be motivated to train it more + go even heavier.

While I have a lot of complaints about my gym, the power rack is solid.

I had some mental things with squatting too, mostly because it just frustrated me from a gains perspective.

But I mean as long as you squatting once a week just to maintain your strength during the cut, it's cool to cut back and ramp back up when you decide to start reverse dieting.

Last edited:

My problem man.....I did deadlifts the other night and I had no drive to do anything heavy. I've been having some back issues and it has gotten tolerable, but I just have no drive to do it any more. This has literally been the first time in like 5 years I just kinda feel over the heavy lifting.....

Lol I only used the shoes from you like 2-3 times...

I decided to stop deadlifting officially. Kills my cns and all my other lifts suffer when I hit back and bi. Heavy *** squats already put enough pressure on my lower back.

Last edited:
I decided to stop deadlifting officially. Kills my cns and all my other lifts suffer when I hit back and bi. Heavy *** squats already put enough pressure on my lower back.

Can't co sign this.

Unless you're injured, there's never a reason not to deadlift.

Pressure on your lower back? Are you wearing a belt?

If so, you may have to tweak your form because your lower back should be getting stronger after DL workouts.

As for the rest of your workout suffering, I think that's more a mental thing and not your CNS.

It really takes a lot to totally tax it especially if you train consistently, people really overestimate how hard they're training.

That's why the whole topic of overtraining is a little ridiculous unless you're in a severe caloric deficit or an elite athlete.

Last edited:
As for me, got my squat shoes today. :pimp:

Squats went

135x5
225x5
275x5
315x6
335x6
315x5
315x5

That 4 plate is coming, feel so much better in shoes, really engaging my quads while my form is much improved.

Didn't realize how much my ****** ankle mobility was holding me back until now.

Going to start hitting squats as hard as possible volume wise, shooting for 3x a week.

Incline DB press

75x5
90x5
110x8
100x12
90x10

Lat Pulldown

200x15
200x10
200x10

Hammer Strength Chest Press

3 platesx10x3