STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just when you thought you were getting strong, you're reminded of the freaks out there.

765 DL @ 205 lbs @ age 19. :x :smh:

Just snapped something in my lower back going for my 2nd rep in DL. Heard something pop. Now I'm laying in pain waiting fin the gym waiting for my Physical therapist friend to come check me
Out. Wtf. All this got damn DL talk.
My legs went instantly numb. Dropped the weight and went to the ground.

Sounds exactly like a bulging/pinched disk.

Sounds exactly like a bulging/pinched disk.
That's what my PT said. Only problem is me being in Korea idk how to explain that. Wild thug is I met the PT dude last week thank God. He's American though. He gave me some relief techniques. But said a cortisone shot will help

I would take a grip of time off from heavy lifting. That stuff is NO joke. You don't seem worried at all :rofl:

I would take a grip of time off from heavy lifting. That stuff is NO joke. You don't seem worried at all :rofl:

I'm just a stubborn old bastard. Put me in a wheel chair and I'll still bench and do shoulders. I can still walk. I'm in crazy pain right now. Sitting at my job waiting for my boss to take me to the hospital in 3 more hours.

As soon as I heard that pop. First thing that popped in my mind was duck I can't lift tomorrow

Update. Went to the doctors. Spine is all good. Just a sprain. Gave me trigger point injections. And pills. Gawd bless korea 45 bucks for that and the pills to take for a week

Hopefully I'll be back atleast doing arms by monday

Last edited:
It depends on the gym tbh. Some gyms really hate when you drop weights. How heavy are you lifting and are you using straps?

Opinions on protein shakes while dropping weight? Should I?

You can literally eat whatever you want as long as it fits your nutrition goals. If you drink protein powder and water instead of a meal, you will drop weight (not that I'm recommending that).

I'm trading DL for Romanians for a while. My knees are feeling better so far, and it puts less stress on the back no?

Had food tasting and cake tasting yesterday for my wedding in may. Woke up this am and was up to 192 lbs from 187 last week #fatboyz. Gonna go ham on the food and weights until the end of this month and try to put on as much muscle before I start my cut beginning of March.

Had food tasting and cake tasting yesterday for my wedding in may. Woke up this am and was up to 192 lbs from 187 last week #fatboyz. Gonna go ham on the food and weights until the end of this month and try to put on as much muscle before I start my cut beginning of March.
:lol: are you me? I went up to 193 from 186 in a week. Beginning my cut in march as well

Wedding? R.I.P fam

Woah... Overhead shrugs?? Daaamn game changer
These are great for promoting upward rotation of the scapulae. A lot of people, including myself, suffer from some degree of downward rotation syndrome. We're always told "down and back, down and back." Even bench pressing. Shoulder blades down and back. Rowing, shoulder blades down and back, and so on.

Push up plus, overhead shrugs, wall slides, scap protractions...all good for promoting upward rotation. Being stuck in downward rotation is bad, leads to several problems.

These are great for promoting upward rotation of the scapulae. A lot of people, including myself, suffer from some degree of downward rotation syndrome. We're always told "down and back, down and back." Even bench pressing. Shoulder blades down and back. Rowing, shoulder blades down and back, and so on.

Push up plus, overhead shrugs, wall slides, scap protractions...all good for promoting upward rotation. Being stuck in downward rotation is bad, leads to several problems.
Yup...

I add these in nearly every day

What else y'all doing for mobility? :nerd:

I'm trying to take my lifting to the next level and I know that mobility is an important part of keeping your body healthy and maximizing your strength gains.

Nada. Its the biggest part I neglect 
laugh.gif

I warm up a lot with whatever lift I'm doing that day though but I don't stretch or foam roll anymore.

Word word. I feel like i kinda have a little bit of that downward rotation. Definitely gonna incorporate this with ohp.

Back
Top Bottom