STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

anyone try doing HIIT on the ergo row machine? I've been hearing good things and want to try it out since im not a fan of running.

:smokin Tell me about it bro... been doing Martial Arts for the last 15 years and Muay Thai is by far the hardest.

yeah, lost 7 pounds in my first 2 weeks. its tons of fun tho, now that im going into my third week ill starting to get the hang of it.

Props, I'd love to get into Muay Thai
you should definitely try it out. most gyms in my area offer a free trial class, you should look into that.

I just did my first Muay Thai class.
I'm a long time Boxer who has done some Martial Arts.
Have bruises all over foot/shin.
Instructor could tell I could box from my heavy bag work and had me come out to do a light spar with him.
Homeboy lit me up! Dude trains with Jon Jones, Frankie Edgar and others.
Looking forward to going back. Still having a tough time transitioning from punches to kicks, but I loved the class.

Phil Nurse :nerd:

anyone try doing HIIT on the ergo row machine? I've been hearing good things and want to try it out since im not a fan of running.

Just like sprinting HIIT, bust your *** as hard as you can for 20-30 secs then a 'jog' pace for 30-40 secs then repeat.

Can you take Dark Matter as opposed to regular whey even when on a cut? Im still aiming to lose another 10-15 lbs within the next 1-2 months. This seems like a good recovery supp.

at 240 cals a serving, I honestly think youd be better off eating whole foods like oats/rice/quinoa/etc. or just whey + a banana for recovery, especially if your cutting. Stretching properly after workouts also greatly help recovery as well, its not all nutrition necessarily

Had a great back day today as well. Got in some shrugs with 120 dbs sets of 12-15, no straps btw :smokin

Still cant believe my school gym has yet to replace the broken dumbells. For 2 years they've had a pair of 95's, 1 100lb, 1 105, 1 110 lb, then another pair of 120s SMFH, what the **** are my fees payin for? Been repping the 95s on bench for the last 2 yrs lol just up the reps cause those 120s are HEAVY

Last edited:
where should I do my deadlifts if there is only one squat rack in my gym(downtown LA gold's gym)? looks like the one below.

there's also a overhead shoulder press sit down thing.. (rack i guess?)
so only those two have the long barbells...

like others have said, you dont need the rack. just the long bar bell, a mirror (i guess for form), and weights.

sometimes when my gym is packed and there's a long wait for the racks, i just take the bars people use for incline/decline/flat bench and use those for deadlifts/rows . dont know if its a **** move or not, though :lol:

Yea weak f**ks..the dudes who take up space in the free weight section knowin damn well they really need to be in the womens only area..it gets better as the week goes on and the slackers slack off and stay away from the gym usually thursday thru sunday...and douche? most dudes who r gym rats and bodybuilders get catergorized as this anyway from dudes who envy them..regardless of their ego and how they act 
The ?  
roll.gif
roll.gif

Trust me man, people aren't calling you a douch out of envy.

Anyone take c4 pre workout drink? You guys like it? Any side affects?

It's a waste. I still have an unopened container.

All it did for me was make my skin feel weird and make me sweat harder. I've been off it for 5-6 weeks now and I notice no difference before/after except the lack of side effects.

like others have said, you dont need the rack. just the long bar bell, a mirror (i guess for form), and weights.
sometimes when my gym is packed and there's a long wait for the racks, i just take the bars people use for incline/decline/flat bench and use those for deadlifts/rows . dont know if its a **** move or not, though :lol:

yea..I wasn't asking about the rack..but more about me taking bars from the racks and benches :lol:

seemed like it's something I'm not supposed to do. is it proper gym etiquette to take those bars?

you could use the bar from the rack you posted without any issues. using the bar from a bench is a little more arbitrary but not that big of a deal, long as you're not cuffing it for an hour.

yea..I wasn't asking about the rack..but more about me taking bars from the racks and benches :lol:
seemed like it's something I'm not supposed to do. is it proper gym etiquette to take those bars?

I don't think it's a ***** move at all...I do this all the time (when racks are full). It's deadlifts for crying out loud, more people need to be doing these :D I wouldn't feel too bad.

All it did for me was make my skin feel weird and make me sweat harder. I've been off it for 5-6 weeks now and I notice no difference before/after except the lack of side effects.
I took samples of C4..I like the blue raz flavor. Definitely sweat harder also but I think I'll use it when I lean out more.

Question -- those currently on IF, how are y'all doing?

2 weeks so far and it's been working pretty well for me, not lowering the weight that much but I definitely see a change in my body physique.

Same results here.
Didnt feel any pump or energy rush just profuse sweating.

Just finished a light cut - went from 170 to 160 all while retaining most of my strength in the muscle groups I train. :pimp:

^

Nice job. For the most part during my cut I stayed the same strength wise. I push the same amount of weight, just get tired easier.

Cheat day today for me.
embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
my deli makes banging sandwiches, got myself a chicken cutlet, bacon, and russian dressing. Bout to get some tempura rolls later for dinner.

learned a good lesson just now in drinking the night before and then eating a weak breakfast. Worst workout ever.

my diet to gain (check my previous posts)

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk
2 Egg whites
2 full eggs
Cheese
Wheat Beagal
2-3 peices of turkey Bacon
Fruit grapes, a banana,  an apple, or orange

Snack
String Cheese
2-3 long sticks of Celery
3-5 tablespoons of peanut butter

Lunch
1 whole can of Tuna w/ mayo
2 slices of wheat bread
Protein bar

Snack
2 caramel Rice cakes
1 cup of brown rice

Dinner
1-2 Chicken breasts
Baked potato
1 cup green beans
Workout

After workout
1-2 scoops of Whey

this is only a draft i haven't started yet need some help what should i add or subtract? i am very picky eater

My chest day/shoulder workout:

dumbbell flys 10-15 reps, 4x
benchpress dumbbell 10-15 reps, 4x
incline dumbbell 10-15 reps, 4x
incline flys 10-15 reps, 4x
Barbell benchpress 8-12 reps, 3x (Increase weight each time)

Chest press machine: 8-12 reps, 4x (Increase weight each time by 5-10 pounds)

Shoulder press machine: 6-10 reps, 4x (Increase weight each time by 5-10 pounds)

I've witnessed curling in the squat rack many times but today I saw a dude do single arm curls with a barbell with virtually every dumbbell available.

Sup y'all

I`ve been doing starting strength and I notice I`m only in the gym for 15-30 min, this is how the work out is suppose to be correct?

My chest day/shoulder workout:
dumbbell flys 10-15 reps, 4x
benchpress dumbbell 10-15 reps, 4x
incline dumbbell 10-15 reps, 4x
incline flys 10-15 reps, 4x
Barbell benchpress 8-12 reps, 3x (Increase weight each time)
Chest press machine: 8-12 reps, 4x (Increase weight each time by 5-10 pounds)
Shoulder press machine: 6-10 reps, 4x (Increase weight each time by 5-10 pounds)

Is that the order you do them in? I would suggest doing the main/compound lifts first, Bench then lifts like flys etc.. Its like you have x amount of energy, give the most amount you can to those compound lifts and the accessory lifts the remainder if that makes sense.

my diet to gain (check my previous posts)

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk

2 Egg whites

2 full eggs

Cheese

Wheat Beagal

2-3 peices of turkey Bacon

Snack

String Cheese

2-3 long sticks of Celery

3-5 tablespoons of peanut butter

Lunch

1 whole can of Tuna w/ mayo

2 slices of wheat bread

Protein bar

Snack

2 caramel Rice cakes

1 cup of brown rice

Dinner

1-2 Chicken breasts

Baked potato

1 cup green beans

Workout

After workout

1-2 scoops of Whey

this is only a draft i haven't started yet need some help what should i add or subtract? i am very picky eater

How many calories is that tho? Trying to gain? Height/weight? That's the most important part, not the kinds of foods

Sup y'all
I`ve been doing starting strength and I notice I`m only in the gym for 15-30 min, this is how the work out is suppose to be correct?

Depends on how long you rest in between sets. I personally like bein in the gym so ill be there from 60-90 mins but i get ample rest in between sets.
As long as you lift your sets/reps it could take 20 mins or 1 hour, just depends on rest

Is that the order you do them in? I would suggest doing the main/compound lifts first, Bench then lifts like flys etc.. Its like you have x amount of energy, give the most amount you can to those compound lifts and the accessory lifts the remainder if that makes sense.
How many calories is that tho? Trying to gain? Height/weight? That's the most important part, not the kinds of foods
Depends on how long you rest in between sets. I personally like bein in the gym so ill be there from 60-90 mins but i get ample rest in between sets.
As long as you lift your sets/reps it could take 20 mins or 1 hour, just depends on rest

I usually rest no more than 30 sec- 1 min between reps, right now I`m lifiting light because I`m trying to get my form down on some of the workouts.

Sup y'all
That sounds too light for me.  I would throw in some more stuff especially since you're not lifting heavy right now.

Last edited:
Anyone take c4 pre workout drink? You guys like it? Any side affects?
worked really will for me the first week I was taking it, but don't really notice it now...might be just placebo effect. pre w/o's affect everyone differently though so I like to try a bunch of different ones.

definitely sweat like an animal while using c4 though

Back
Top Bottom