STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I just did my first Muay Thai class.

I'm a long time Boxer who has done some Martial Arts.

Have bruises all over foot/shin.

Instructor could tell I could box from my heavy bag work and had me come out to do a light spar with him.

Homeboy lit me up! Dude trains with Jon Jones, Frankie Edgar and others.

Looking forward to going back. Still having a tough time transitioning from punches to kicks, but I loved the class.

I don't think I've ever had a question answered in any Vol. of this thread :smh: .
So if I am looking to continue to bulk but/and want to see development in my abs, how should I go about that? In terms of dieting.

I've been doing the same thing this summer and I've seen some great results from just focusing on ab workouts more to make my ab muscles bigger and stronger. I do abs three times a week as well as HIIT two to three times a week. I use a lot of weight for my ab workouts and incorporate a lot of circuits too. In terms of diet I eat less calories than my maintenance level but keep my protein intake very high. I've lost rougly 4-5 pounds in 10 weeks but my muscle mass is still pretty much the same and I've gotten much stronger in all my lifts. I also do supersets to make my workouts more intense. Just keep your workouts fast paced, do a good amount of weight, don't neglect your ab workouts, and eat cleanly with a lot of protein and you should see better ab development. It takes time though, I've been doing this for 10 weeks and my midsection has gotten more ripped but my abs are still not as defined as I would like.

I need some type of workout that wont bulk me up. Want to reduce bodyfat and get more of lean muscle development. Trying to put together some form of running and insanity combo type of workout. Anyone do anything like this?
I need to change my diet as well. I dont eat a ton of junk food. But smaller meals and more often is what i need to do. My big vice is soda. Need to cut it out.

If you have access to a track you could do sprinting workouts along with plyometrics and calisthenics. Otherwise you could do HIIT on a stationary bike and just do some long distance running along with it. Also, look at different variations of bodyweight exercises like explosive pushups, handclapping pushups, burpees, squat jumps, rocket jumps, lunge jumps, etc. If you want to do that though you have to make sure to take care of your knees and legs by icing if you can or taking cold showers after working out, stretching, and making sure you take the time to recover.

Why do people insist on taking 4min breaks between sets? Checking their phones, looking around, reply to message on phone, await a response, before deciding to do next rep :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Mondays are the worst because of this, *** holes who need to somehow feel the need to make up for a glutton weekend by going to the gym Monday, but are ghost the rest of the week... at least I won't see em for another week

**** out of the way

aren't you an mma fighter or something like that? I'd like to get involved, just dont have the time between work, school, driving, working out, and women

you do BJJ/mma right? I want to start lifting again but i'm not trying to be sore for bjj..did it before and it was :x :x .. what would you recommend?

i havent competed since i split my eyebrow in late 2010 and needed 20 stitches.

and yeah lifting while doing intense martial arts is difficult. which is why i only lift twice a week when im really going hard in training.

if your joints are started to stiffen up on you (PAWS) i recommend Glucosamine, has helped me alot

and believe it or not: YOGA! before i started doing yoga and intense stretching routines i was just this goofy bulky guy with a little highschool wrestling experience

now i can high kick with both legs, pull rubber-guard, and all sorts of high-dexterity moves that i would have NEVER been able to do without a solid stretching routine.

consistency with your cardio (anaerobic cardio especially, gotta condition your heart for those bursts) is also the only way you'll be good in any martial art in my opinion because its SO DAMN CARDIOVASULAR HEAVY!

it helps that im not a big drinker either. i only have one vice

[Nas] i blow so much trees, i make environmentalists angry [/nas]

its honestly the only way ill do any form of cardio now is if ive properly toked. ive mentioned pre-herb cardio before and i will continue to stand by it as the most entertaining way to do any sort of distance running (even sprinting). especially if you can "lose yourself in the music" so to speak.

even when i train, i come into the facility blazed every now and then and my teammates know it:lol:

sober cardio is for the birds. 

do you remember the lifting routine you did? I train 4-6x a week and i was gonna do Starting Strength, but if i squat 3x a week i wont be able to walk normal let alone do bjj :lol:

Why do people insist on taking 4min breaks between sets? Checking their phones, looking around, reply to message on phone, await a response, before deciding to do next rep :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
Mondays are the worst because of this, *** holes who need to somehow feel the need to make up for a glutton weekend by going to the gym Monday, but are ghost the rest of the week... at least I won't see em for another week
**** out of the way

I got that anger to bro i feel you :smh:

Do you guys recommend SizeOn or Dark Matter? I've been drinking my whey for a while now but I feel I need something else to put on good, lean weight in muscle.

^i do. It doesnt mean that when it is your off day, you wont need protein and other vitamins you consume when you work out.
You can take whey and additional bcaa supplements for faster recovery.

yeah, it might be your day "off" from lifting/training ...but you should NEVER take a day "off" from your nutrition/diet plan

It's fine -even necessary, to have a day off here and then to let your muscles recuperate from tissue breakdown, but your nutrition should be 100% all of the time for maximum results.

does anyone take protein shakes on their off days too? Never know what to take on off days
nerd.gif
I still take a protein shake right when I wake up, even on my off days.

Thats about it for shakes, the rest of the day I eat what I normally eat on my workout days. Im on a cut right now , but if I wasnt id try to eat a tad more on off days just to help with recover and give my body more nutrients.

I have been gaining weight/muscle at a rediculous pace lately.....4 lbs a week? Up to 232. I am 6'4 and usually hovered around 195-205. I think my fast metabolism as finally worn off at the age of almost 27.

I feel you cinco, freaking selfish, inconsiderate people at the gym- I'm always open to letting people work in, cleaning off my sweat and re-racking all my weights - even going faster than normal to make way for somebody :smh:

Right?

I think i've said this on here before, but ...

I enjoy my time at the gym... but I don't love it. When I do my routines, I hit the weights hard, get my 30-60 sec rest, and get to my next set. When i'm done, I pick up my **** and move along. When I see someone I know, I give em a head nod or shake their hand but i'm not sitting there having a full blown conversation with them, eff that, my buddy does that and I get on him about it, but he still does it so I keep going and when he's done I let him know how many sets he owes me :smh: :smh:

IMO it's not a social event, you're trying to better yourself. I don't even reach for my phone in there. Damn people!!!!

/Rant

Why do people insist on taking 4min breaks between sets? Checking their phones, looking around, reply to message on phone, await a response, before deciding to do next rep
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

**** out of the way
lol i feel ya brother..what i usually do is if im waitin for somethin which is usually the flat bench ill ask em how many sets they have left or can i jump in with em..usually they say they have 1 left or r MORE then willing to let me join in..i love callin em out

Im a trainer at the Biggest and most crowded gym here in Louisville and around 4-8pm everyday and especially on mondays u got the weak f**ks who come in doin their wack *** 30-45 min wrkout takin up machines and benches that us big dudes who r there everyday and actually know what were doin could use instead..i HATE dudes that come there once or twice a week only so they can say they went to the gym but didnt actually do anything...sometimes i have to calm myself down before i throw a 5 lb dumbbell at em and cancel their membership... 

Im a trainer at the Biggest and most crowded gym here in Louisville and around 4-8pm everyday and especially on mondays u got the weak f**ks who come in doin their wack *** 30-45 min wrkout takin up machines and benches that us big dudes who r there everyday and actually know what were doin could use instead..i HATE dudes that come there once or twice a week only so they can say they went to the gym but didnt actually do anything...sometimes i have to calm myself down before i throw a 5 lb dumbbell at em and cancel their membership... 
Relax bro. There are more of those "once in a while" gym ppl than your typical gym rats. The once in a while people keep your gym going.

Worry about yourself and just keep working hard bro or  maybe you should try helping the novice members instead of looking at them as if your at some elite level

Last edited:
Damn dude, that is an insane rate- are you trying to though? I'm the same age, similar build (6'2 190) but i've never been over 205- and i'm steady around 188-192 these days- i work out and do cardio so much, i guess my metabolism just stays up- I've been wanting to put on some extra size in my arms only- but its hard for me, and I've never really been one to bulk- just in case i cant work out for a while- dont wanna get flabby and get them manboobs.
I feel you cinco, freaking selfish, inconsiderate people at the gym- I'm always open to letting people work in, cleaning off my sweat and re-racking all my weights - even going faster than normal to make way for somebody :smh:

Yeah I used to eat non-stop all day with tons of chicken breast, salmon, peanut butter sandwiches to keep protein coming in. I think I will have to cut back and just try to carve/sculpt the weight I have. I don't like being this big as none of my work pants fit or jeans for that matter and if I do any extra leg workouts they will bulk up even more. Playing basketball at this size too seems to be taking a toll on the knees....not sure if they are used to the extra weight.

whats goin on guys? im 5'11" and weigh around 120. i hit the gym 4 to 5 days a week and have 6 meals a day (including my whey shake post workout). im tryna bulk up hence the 6 meals. how long do you think before i see results?

Relax bro. There are more of those "once in a while" gym ppl than your typical gym rats. The once in a while people keep your gym going.

Worry about yourself and just keep working hard bro or  maybe you should try helping the novice members instead of looking at them as if your at some elite level
you probably curl in the squat rack

**** out of the way
Just ask if you can work in.

I was taking a while on the leg press machine yesterday working on rehabbing my knee. I was towards the end of 12 sets of different exercises (kind of a **** move, but theres 2 of the exact same machines) on it when this older guy comes up with someone who works at the gym and they kicked me off so he could use it. **** made me rage, dude can't just ask to work in, or go use the other vacant machine, he had to go get someone from the gym? :smh:

But i am at an elite level..im a IBFF amatuer bodybuilder..and i do help the novice members..its my job there..anyway im talking about me working out personally..If i didnt work there and was able to workout for free i deff would be workin out at a musclehead gym like fitness factory..when im not workin out tho the more people the better imo..more females and eye candy

whats goin on guys? im 5'11" and weigh around 120. i hit the gym 4 to 5 days a week and have 6 meals a day (including my whey shake post workout). im tryna bulk up hence the 6 meals. how long do you think before i see results?

5'11 120...

please child eat! eat, eat, eat.

eat a lot of calories if you trying to bulk up which you need to

My local branch of the gym is closing/moving in two months and every night there is about 5 people in the weightroom max.....we have the same 6-10 guys play bball and then it is free reign on the weights and cardio equipment.

It is like having a seasons pass at Kings Dominion and going on a Tuesday.....no wait for anything.

You sound like a douche man.

"weak ****'s"?

Get off your high horse bruh.

Back
Top Bottom