STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:rofl: go ahead I've seen it all by now. F that channel lol im about to abandon it.

Why you in here man. You don't even workout.

We grinding destiny 2 together like old times? I shouldn't be poor by then and have my own place and a steady WiFi connection :rofl:

Just been busy working on my next tape. Producing and stuff. That's why I stopped posting lol

Also cause I don't have anything to say lol
Vids provide me with the lols. The effects are great.
man so many of my jokes goes over my subscribers heads, why try lol. Cultural differences I guess. Ya'LL and my black/Hispanic subs only ones that get my jokes.

I should've been at 400 subs by now. I was at 392 2 months ago. I'll gain 2. Lose 2. Gain 1. Lose 2. Gain 3. Lose 2. All while posting weekly. :rofl:

I GIVE UP.

Last edited:
Nice. I gotta pull that for 2 reps in 3 weeks.

LaSt heavy set was 410x3 today and it felt like the 430x3 I did last week. Smh.

ThinK my knee should be healed by the end of this month. Able to leg press a quarter and do squats with a quarter too. The bar caused a little pain.

Last edited:

Finished up two months of keto and here are some of my thoughts. I'll keep in short and sweet.

Starting weight and bf: 195 14% ending weight and fat: 180 9.4% 

I was on a two week carb cycle and my workout routine was a program from t-nation called optimized volume training. I know it was designed to add mass and keto might not be the appropriate diet for it, but I kept it the same for simplicity. In hindsight I probably would have had better results with a different workout program. Also I did 30 min of cardio 4-5 days a week.

I ate 2.5-3K calories a day and I kept it at 70%fat 25%protein and 5% carbs. Keeping the carbs that low was tough at first, but once you know what you can eat it was fine.

Pros: Body fat dropped. I look leaner/cut. Food was delicious. Energy lever is great.

Cons: Numbers dropped, muscle mass dropped, and I didn't get to eat fruit since they have carbs, but I did eat fruits on my carb days. 

Overall: Keto works if you're trying to lose some body fat, but you have to accept the fact that you will lose muscle mass and your numbers may drop. Not eating carbs isn't as hard as it seems and the "keto flu" really ain't ****. It's equivalent to the mildest hangover. Anyway I wanted to cut body fat and keto did the trick. It's not gonna be long term for me thought. I feel I can slowly start to put back on muscle mass and get stronger without increasing my body fat too greatly. Also going to Mexico in a month and no way I'm not gonna eat carbs there. Is keto better than any other way of cutting? I don't know. All I know is it worked for me 
laugh.gif
What were you eating/meal prepping while on keto? I need some ideas on what to prep during the week. I also have a hard time meeting my macros for the day. I can do the low carb part easily, but reaching protein and especially the fat is what i'm struggling with.

man so many of my jokes goes over my subscribers heads, why try lol. Cultural differences I guess. Ya'LL and my black/Hispanic subs only ones that get my jokes.

I should've been at 400 subs by now. I was at 392 2 months ago. I'll gain 2. Lose 2. Gain 1. Lose 2. Gain 3. Lose 2. All while posting weekly. :rofl:

I GIVE UP.

no youtube "soundviews' for you breh

:\

Last edited:

What were you eating/meal prepping while on keto? I need some ideas on what to prep during the week. I also have a hard time meeting my macros for the day. I can do the low carb part easily, but reaching protein and especially the fat is what i'm struggling with.
Reaching protein wasn't to difficult for me, but I learned that too much protein could be bad as in it knocks you out of keto. I guess the recommend amount of protein is roughly a gram per muscle mass. That being said I staid away from chicken at first. It was too lean and high in protein. Didn't know how to make it "fatty" without adding a bunch of cheese or something. Anyway here's generally what I eat.

Breakfast: 3-4 eggs, cheese, sour cream, half an avacado, spinache.

Keto Coffee on the way to work

Lunch:I'll have a buger with cheese, avocodo, and so other low carb toppings (obviously no bun). Or I'll brown some beef add taco seasoning and eat that with cheese, avocado, sour cream, and a bit of salsa. I'll switch between beef, bison, and lamb

Dinner: Mostly salmon. I'll hit up sam's club and get a package of frozen Alaskan salmon. I'll cook up one filet and eat that with some kind of green veggie. (broccoli, spinach, kale, etc.). Some times I'll cook up a steak or some lamb for dinner

Snacks: string cheese, beef stick, almonds, almond butter, roasted pepitas, and macadamia nuts 

Post workout shake: Unsweetened almond milk + Gold Standard Whey + mct oil + creatine.

Days that I'm feeling lazy, I'll hit up chipotle and get a bowl with no rice/beans or Jimmy Johns. The bootleger unwhich is 
pimp.gif

One thing I should have added to the cons of keto is it's expensive. Lamb, bison, salmon, and macadamia nuts are not cheap, but they do help meet the fat macro. Especially macadamia nuts. 

Lastly, there are some people that say you can't have cheese, or nuts *pause when on a keto diet.... **** that. Those are my main fat sources. 
laugh.gif

@WorldBreaker

Can you explain how too much protein can knock you out of keto? I've never heard of this.
From what I've read and watched, when you eat more protein then your body needs, some of the amino acids in the protein can be converted into glucose. "knocking you out of keto" is the wrong phrasing my apologies, but I guess it can prevent your body from entering keto. IDK I'm like a parrot and just repeating the info I read. 
laugh.gif
 Not trying to state these as facts. I haven't read any scientific data honestly.

Protein being converted into glucose??? What is this sorcery? :smh: so me being 245 lbs and eating 300grams of protein a day isn't in my best interest??!

Also what's MCT oil

[h1]  [/h1]
anybody ever try bone broth protein? curious about it heard some good things.... wanna try that and beef protein.

and medium chain trig ....mct oil is used as fat burner which is found in coconut oil

Last edited:
Protein being converted into glucose??? What is this sorcery?
mean.gif
so me being 245 lbs and eating 300grams of protein a day isn't in my best interest??!
I don't want to become Bill Nye Broscience Guy, so I don't know for sure
laugh.gif
. When I was doing research about the ketogenic diet, I came across the part about excessive protein intake. It was recommended to stay between .7-.9 grams per lbs muscle mass, which to me seems like enough and was easier to track. Each person is different and the intensity of your workout might play a factor. I guess the question is how much is considered "excessive" to you? 
 Also what's MCT oil
Here's a link with info https://wellnessmama.com/98671/mct-oil-benefits/

Protein being converted into glucose??? What is this sorcery? :smh: so me being 245 lbs and eating 300grams of protein a day isn't in my best interest??!

Also what's MCT oil

If you're really eating 300. That's way too much.

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/139350"knocking you out of keto" is the wrong phrasing my apologies, but I guess it can prevent your body from entering keto. IDK I'm like a parrot and just repeating the info I read. :lol:  Not trying to state these as facts. I haven't read any scientific data honestly.

Ahhhh gotcha. Yeah I'll have to look into that. I know that the body can only use a tiny amount of AA's for energy if there's no carbs/glucose but I'd never heard of that preventing your body from going keto. Certainly makes sense.

My understanding is that the body will do everything possible to prevent muscle from providing amino acids and lactate and typically prefers breaking down fatty acids for ketones. So essentially, I think as long as you have more than 2% body fat, and are consuming fats in your diet, I don't think there is an amount of protein that would prevent producing ketones.

But yeah like you said, there could be an article out there that talks about it I haven't read yet. Id like to know more because I'm going keto next week and don't wanna mess it up :lol: thanks for your food log though that's gonna be a life saver. I'm pretty lost on how to get enough protein and fats to meet my calorie goals but the macadamia nut thing is gonna help a bunch!

ThinK my knee should be healed by the end of this month. Able to leg press a quarter and do squats with a quarter too. The bar caused a little pain.

YO FYI went to check out your page that link in the sig no bueno

keep up the good work sound

YO FYI went to check out your page that link in the sig no bueno

keep up the good work sound
you're right. They blocked the link cause it had an explicit word in it. Thanks, ill change it when I get home.

It's "Super negro fitness" look that up you'll find it.

Thank you for your kind words.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a carb calculator or perhaps a carb breakdown? I gotta drop about 20-25 lbs and my doctor told me to keep my carbs low since I was teetering on pre-diabetes. I know when I used to venture off with carb-backloading, I was doing no more than 30 a day for that initial 10 day reboot but I don't think I can go that low again.

I'm at about 201 at 5'9. I don't look like I weigh that much I'm starting to feel it. I emailed my doctor to see what that carb range would look like but I haven't got a response yet.

Back
Top Bottom