STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Pull Day 1/28/18

HIGHLY recommend the one arm rotational Cable pulldown. You major stretch in the lat eccentrically because of the overhead position (something you don’t get in bent over rows or DB rows), you get the core involved, and if you externally rotate on the eccentric and internally rotate on the concentric, it reallllly deepens the stretch in the lat. Just remember to to addictive and retract!

Here’s a video for reference:

This is so god damn LEGIT

This is so god damn LEGIT

I'd also add to control the weight throughout the entire movement. Even when allowing the stretch at the end range of the eccentric, be careful. Never just let the load pull on your passive restraints. Keep your core and glutes engaged also. I like to do them kneeling for variety.

I'd also add to control the weight throughout the entire movement. Even when allowing the stretch at the end range of the eccentric, be careful. Never just let the load pull on your passive restraints. Keep your core and glutes engaged also. I like to do them kneeling for variety.

Little things like these that so many people don’t know that is holding them back. I see it all the time but I won’t be “that guy” correcting everyone. I just let people go on their way unless they ask or I know them somewhat.

Anyone here suffer from ATP (Anterior Pelvic Tilt) ?

I've been working on correcting this but no telling how long this would take to correct. Anyone corrected their posture? Tips/Advice

Anyone here suffer from ATP (Anterior Pelvic Tilt) ?

I've been working on correcting this but no telling how long this would take to correct. Anyone corrected their posture? Tips/Advice

I'm about to hit you with some hard bro science.

When I had an injury and going to PT the therapist was telling me that i should practice vacuuming my stomach, yoga, sitting on a ball instead of a chair (can humble myself to do that), exaggerate my deadlift and squat lock outs a little bit.

Also, handstands and movement training help out alot.

I still have ATP but it isn't as bad as it was before.

I'm about to hit you with some hard bro science.

When I had an injury and going to PT the therapist was telling me that i should practice vacuuming my stomach, yoga, sitting on a ball instead of a chair (can humble myself to do that), exaggerate my deadlift and squat lock outs a little bit.

Also, handstands and movement training help out alot.

I still have ATP but it isn't as bad as it was before.

What do you mean by "vacuuming my stomach"?

What do you mean by "vacuuming my stomach"?

I just grabbed the first half decent video but there are better ones out there. The concept is basically engaging your core to make up for the muscular imbalance in your back that causes the APT.

This cut is going good, but the past 3 days I've been slipping.

I moved into a new place and so, like a civil man, I went to Walmart and bought food and snacks. Except I keep wanting the snacks. I mean, I'm losing self control at this point. Today I didn't go over TOO much, but I'm hoping I clean up the rest of the week. I'm going to do a weigh in and hopefully I have a 1lb left or so.

No loss of strength yet, as far as I can tell....

hit a new 1rm pr of 450 on DL. only a 5lb pr from my last, but i'll take it. said screw the ed coan program lol.

but i did change my form after watching ed coan teach some ppl. im now point my toes outward instead of straight. huge difference. lets me use my glutes a lot more. i do that with my squats too now.

You did that. That's a huge accomplishment.

I've only saw two other nattys (IRL) press 225. One is my boy and the other is some strong *** 43 year old dad at mount vernon barbell.

I'll be there soon....

Thanks fam. It was my third time trying it, wasnt ready the previous two but went for it anyways and could barely get the bar up to my forehead. When the bar finally cleared my head this i was just tryna push myself thru the ground and lock that **** out :lol: :lol:

Felt ******* amazing holding it up over my head tho.

You gonna be there just now fam

hit a new 1rm pr of 450 on DL. only a 5lb pr from my last, but i'll take it. said screw the ed coan program lol.

but i did change my form after watching ed coan teach some ppl. im now point my toes outward instead of straight. huge difference. lets me use my glutes a lot more. i do that with my squats too now.
Just chop at it man. That’s how I reached 510 after hitting 495. Little by little. You pull sumo or conventional? Either way pretty sure you should always have atleast a little outward rotation of your feet

Last edited:
Just chop at man. That’s how I reached 510 after hitting 495. Little by little. You pull sumo or conventional? Either way pretty sure you should always have atleast a little outward rotation of your feet

I pull conventional + beltless lol. i used to pull toes straight forward lol.

I pull conventional + beltless lol. i used to pull toes straight forward lol.

I have started pulling beltless myself. I prefer to use a belt because I have tweaked myself a little in the past, but not using one forces you to try to get your form better. It's a nice change of pace as well.

Well, lifts seem to be coming along, as I was able to hit 355 × 3 on my 6th set of 3s bench this week. I got all in my damn zone and just went for it. Yesterday, I was able to pull 475 on a beltless deadlift single on my 6th set after 3 sets of 3s and a couple sets of singles. Felt like I had a tad bit more in the tank, but I was nervous and didn't want to annihilate myself. Hoping I'm good to go for sqwats tomorrow.

Nutrition is still one of the harder parts. I do good during the day when I have meals prepped, but then I get home and slack off or don't eat what I know I should be eating. Maybe I should start prepping dinner too lol. Just eat every damn meal cold....

I'l try this tomorrow..

purple-mist-crop.png

Back
Top Bottom