STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Box squats yesterday. Definately helping me get my squat back up.

135x12
155x8
185x5x2
225x3x3
275x1x3

315 next week for sure and maybe more.

Speaking of f boys and seeing the most random stuff at the gym. This bald Michael Kane looking dude busted out in a waltz dance in the middle of the gym floor.... multiple times. Couldn’t help but laugh. Not entirely because of him, but because he almost got railroaded by a dude doing heavy farmer carry’s

deload push day.. same weights but cut the volume by doing 1 set less.

srs question.. whats up with insecure dudes in the gym that purposely bump into your shoulders when walking the other way?

is it not common sense to walk/drive on your right side

im going out of the bathroom and its a small hallway. im clearly all the way at the right but some dude going the other way decides to move himself directly to the middle and bump me. thing is, the kid didnt was skinny as hell and he trying to be all high and mighty :lol:

this **** happens all the time at my gym. next thing you know they prob gonna wanna have a **** measuring contest

I think my bench has plateaued and I don't even care lol

srs question.. whats up with insecure dudes in the gym that purposely bump into your shoulders when walking the other way?

im going out of the bathroom and its a small hallway. im clearly all the way at the right but some dude going the other way decides to move himself directly to the middle and bump me. thing is, the kid didnt was skinny as hell and he trying to be all high and mighty :lol:

this **** happens all the time at my gym. next thing you know they prob gonna wanna have a **** measuring contest

Random but I kept walking on the right side in Malaysia. They're like the UK so I kept bumping into everyone. Lol didn't help I was bigger than damn near everyone there too, but people mad polite.

Yo cjfuego cjfuego I tried those 45 plate presses....dog how the hell you doing 4x10???? I could only get 5 before I felt like I was losing control and was gonna smack myself in the head with the plate.

Went back to one arm barbell press. Got up to 65

Where you live?? I wonder if this is a regional thing, I don’t think I’ve ever ran into someone like that

I think my bench has plateaued and I don't even care lol

Random but I kept walking on the right side in Malaysia. They're like the UK so I kept bumping into everyone. Lol didn't help I was bigger than damn near everyone there too, but people mad polite.

Yo cjfuego cjfuego I tried those 45 plate presses....dog how the hell you doing 4x10???? I could only get 5 before I felt like I was losing control and was gonna smack myself in the head with the plate.

Went back to one arm barbell press. Got up to 65

I palm the plate facing up. I pretend I’m a waiter at a fancy restaurant, focusing on control. When I first began, I was doing quarters (25), then I built myself up.

Hell nah.

You better show him what that 165 do. :lol:

I palm the plate facing up. I pretend I’m a waiter at a fancy restaurant, focusing on control. When I first began, I was doing quarters (25), then I built myself up.

Ahhh I kept my wrist straight. Ima try it again next time like that. I was shook I was gonna lose control and crack myself in the head :lol:

Dude said he was OHP DB pressing 130 for reps... :lol:

Great info though. In short:

1. Slight incline DB OHP
2. Floor press
3. “Lean Back” Pulldown

Also mentioned how he only benches once a week but has two “bench press” days. The first centered around the actual bench press movement and some accessories and the second centered around accessories to build his bench like the OHP or floor press for example. Similar to what was discussed in here.

My takeaway from all this is the importance of accessory work cannot be understated. Can’t wait to get back in the gym tomorrow.

Max Size Inferno leg day.
Quads:
Super Set x2:
Bulgarian Split Squat Hold: To failure each leg (60lbs DBs)
Squats: 6-9RM(245lbs)

Squats: 10RM(225lbs) x3

DB Alternating Reverse Lunges 6-9RM x 5 (65lbs DBs)

Finisher:
6 sets DB Goblet squats on even minutes and wall sit on odd minutes. (honestly this was harder than all of the previous workouts.)

Hams:
Super set x2:
Glute Ham Raise 6-9 RM
Barbell Hip Thrust 6-9RM(Smith Machine was taken so I used a resistance band for this)

Hip Thrust/ISO hold 10 RM x3 - on the 10th rep you hold until failure. Never done these before. Harder than it looks (95lbs)

Stiff Legged Deadlifts 6-9RM x5 (205lbs)

Finisher:
DB/KB swings even minutes Long Leg Bridge Hold odd minutes for 6 minutes.

idk what it is about sore legs that makes me want to catch a nap any and everywhere I am.

Yo Tank Top Master Tank Top Master , thanks for the suggestion the other day about alternating my OHP/BP. You suggested leading one day with a 5/3/1 style and then following it up with 5x10 of the other lift. (For example, day 1 OHP 5/3/1 + BP 5x10 | Day 2 BP 5/3/1 + OHP 5x10)

Only been a few workouts but it’s brutal. Had to adjust the weight a few times to get right, but it feels good so far. Haven’t lifted like that in some time and I think it’s gonna help with my overall strength.

NP.

When you get used to the switch, look into doing the 6 and 13 week challenges.

Day 4:
Deadlift/Front Squat

DL:
5x135
5x185
3x225
1x275
5x305
3x345
1+ [3] x 385
3x365
3x345
3x325
3x305
3x285
3+ [7] x 265

Front Squat:
5x125
5x160
3x195
5x195
7x195
4x195
6x195
8x195

Bent-Over Row: 3x8
V-Bar Lat Pulldown: 3x12
Barbell Shrug: 3x10

Legs were still toast from Tuesday's WO, was only at maybe 60% pulling power. Should have gotten some McCormick's to pepper my angus. :smh:

i think we’ve all had that gnarly protein shaker we forgot about and regret finding but this is too damn much...

spoiler for those with a weak stomach :lol:

pull day.... decided to fully stop the ed coan program and just DL depending on how im feeling... deloaded today.. lower back still feeling weird.

405 x5
375 x3
fart 1x1

pendlay rows..
weighted v-bar pullup (+25lb) 3x5
other accessories and stuff.

Day 5:
BP/CGBP

BP:
2x5x45
1x3x115
1x3x155
1x3x185
1x5x190
1x3x215
1x1+ [4] x240
1x3x225
1x5x215
1x3x200
1x5x190
1x3x175
1x5+ [14]x165

CGBP:
1x6x100
1x5x125
1x3x150
1x5x150
1x7x150
1x4x150
1x6x150
1x8x150

Wide-Grip Pulldown 2x10
Seated Cable Row 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10
EZ-Bar Skullcrushers 4x8,10,12,15
Incline DB Curls 3x10
Cable Crossover 3x12,10,8
Cable Kickbacks 3x15,20,25

Found some adipowers in an outlet here in canada 109$
Why the heck havent i already got some..
I didnt buy yet tho...do romaloes support better than those...and can they be bought at a better price?

I didnt buy yet tho...do romaloes support better than those...and can they be bought at a better price?

Where you at

rom 2 are my favorite. rom 3 are trash. adipower are good for the price. def better than the rom 3 in terms of squatting.

Back
Top Bottom