STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

push day.. lost my liquid chalk smh. another reason why I need a gym bag.

i stopped doing the Valsalva maneuver on all my lifts. it aint good for me since im a glaucoma suspect smh.

push day.. lost my liquid chalk smh. another reason why I need a gym bag.

i stopped doing the Valsalva maneuver on all my lifts. it aint good for me since im a glaucoma suspect smh.

damn really? never heard of that. whats the correlation?

damn really? never heard of that. whats the correlation?

glaucoma is a disease where your eye pressure is too high and it damages the optic nerve, resulting in blindness. no cure for it but you can only slow down the process or stop the process.

when using the Valsalva maneuver, your eye pressure increases a lot, which will damage a person's optic nerve even more if they have glaucoma.

it also stops blood flow to your eyes, which increases pressure in your eyes. cardio is recommended for people with glaucoma since it pumps more blood to your eyes, which results in decreasing in eye pressure.

****ing sucks cause its harder to push the weight when breathing out during the lift but i'll adapt.

glaucoma is a disease where your eye pressure is too high and it damages the optic nerve, resulting in blindness. no cure for it but you can only slow down the process or stop the process.

when using the Valsalva maneuver, your eye pressure increases a lot, which will damage a person's optic nerve even more if they have glaucoma.

it also stops blood flow to your eyes, which increases pressure in your eyes. cardio is recommended for people with glaucoma since it pumps more blood to your eyes, which results in decreasing in eye pressure.

****ing sucks cause its harder to push the weight when breathing out during the lift but i'll adapt.

Sorry to hear that.

I do catch myself gettin light headed and blinking a lot when Im pushing heavy weight and don’t focus on my breathing. All that pressure be going straight to the dome.

Ordered a new belt from rogue, my old one has seen better days.

Let’s see if this belt is worth a dam.

i got a 2pood belt. if it’s good enough for USAW it’s good enough for me

Tried getting a lift in after work this morning on a light stomach. I didn’t think it would be a problem but I was shaking during my benchpress and felt dizzy. Decided to pack it up, go eat, and come back later. Hoping for better results because that was awful.

worst feeling ever man. feel like youre about to pass out :smh:

I loaded 225 on the bar (95% of my training max). Got under the bar, got tight, ear buds blaring, felt ready to rock, but when I got that thing off the rack a sudden burst of dizziness came over me and my vision fogged up for a brief second. I struggled 2 reps and NOPED right out the gym.

I guess everybody's different. I workout on an empty stomach all the time with no problems. I prefer it.

i can work out on an empty stomach most of the time, but every once in a while **** hits me like a ton of bricks

it aint good for me since im a glaucoma suspect smh.[

Im sure you already know this but stay on top of your eye drops, if thats been prescribed for you. Im pretty sure you can get a medical marijuana card too, if you want to consider using that to help. And lastly, keep up on your optometrist visits.

Goodluk bro.

Im sure you already know this but stay on top of your eye drops, if thats been prescribed for you. Im pretty sure you can get a medical marijuana card too, if you want to consider using that to help. And lastly, keep up on your optometrist visits.

Goodluk bro.

yea thanks man. Im not diagnosed with glaucoma, im just a suspect for it. My ophthalmologist said my optic nerves resembles someone who has glaucoma but im not showing any symptoms of it yet. he said it could be im just born like this. I just have to be consistent with my visits to make sure theres no change. got my next appointment next monday.

FE6B6F49-F84B-4ABF-99B3-68AD5349244D.png

42E78033-E2E1-4471-9431-35D282A2F93C.png

F918C604-C29D-4388-B184-D367CD445BFE.png

I know someone asked for my current plan I’m running.

This will be week two on it.

Back
Top Bottom