STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Got a question. At our gym there a couple of girls who workout solo. They stack loads of plates on the leg press or on a bar in the squat rack. Then they proceed to unrack and move literally three inches down in the case of the squat and like maybe that on the leg press. This some kind of new method since I been out?

Called quarter squatting. Some people do it for glamour numbers, some do it because they legit don’t know better. The last group of people that do it have mobility issues, but they usually dont load up a bunch of plates.

When i started squatting i was quarter squatting with one plate. I really just didnt know better.

Got a question. At our gym there a couple of girls who workout solo. They stack loads of plates on the leg press or on a bar in the squat rack. Then they proceed to unrack and move literally three inches down in the case of the squat and like maybe that on the leg press. This some kind of new method since I been out?
They know not what they do.

Called quarter squatting. Some people do it for glamour numbers, some do it because they legit don’t know better. The last group of people that do it have mobility issues, but they usually dont load up a bunch of plates.

When i started squatting i was quarter squatting with one plate. I really just didnt know better.
I mean like 10-12 plates on the press.:lol:

Maybe I’m just missing that the workout is loading the machine up with all those plates.

i dont think i've ever done that, how do you do it?

anybody in here have the theragun or hypervolt? couple of my buddies have the gun. we use that all of the time. seems like i see them popping up all over the gym now with people copping them. new gun is dropping soon and is supposed to be 50% quieter. i want one for the house. that or the volt.

Lay on the foam roller. 5 second inhale, 5 second hold your breath. Try and do it on the spots that are the tightest. It sucks man but it really helps with mobility and can help with back pain.

People call it “gut smashing” don’t go crazy with it just like 5 minutes at a time or less. Try and keep your limbs loose, don’t be super tense. Have fun, it hurts. :lol:

anybody in here have the theragun or hypervolt? couple of my buddies have the gun. we use that all of the time. seems like i see them popping up all over the gym now with people copping them. new gun is dropping soon and is supposed to be 50% quieter. i want one for the house. that or the volt.

i have a theragun. had to get one after using the one we have at the gym. legit use it every night

Legs and light shoulders

Jump rope

Squats
135x10
225x10
315x5
365x3
405x2 paused
365x3
315x5
225x10
135x10

Bulgarian split squat SS w/ calf raises

Side raises SS w/ front raises

Face pulls

Had one of those days where I was just in a ****ty mood, felt good taking it out in the gym. Wasn't even planning on throw 4plates up but everything was moving quick.

BA66EE9F-2DE8-4DDB-887B-62FB49AF2DD8.jpeg

Anyone ever had eye floaters before? Well I think that's what it is...

Blurred vision in my left eye, can see particles floating around

Occurred during a recent lift session last wek...I was on my usual preworkout but I took leanBCAA for intra for the first time too. Maybe it's blood pressure related. Going to the eye doc in a few days.

Been wearing glasses since I was 5 and contacts since I was 12. Floaters been there since forever. Never really bothered me. Sure its just a small particle on the lense hence why it moves when you look around.

i have a theragun. had to get one after using the one we have at the gym. legit use it every night

I just watched a video on these products, looks interesting but holy crap they’re expensive. Watching the video before hearing price point I thought it’d be like $50.
I’m gonna look into it’s effectiveness on plantar fasciitis

I just watched a video on these products, looks interesting but holy crap they’re expensive. Watching the video before hearing price point I thought it’d be like $50.
I’m gonna look into it’s effectiveness on plantar fasciitis

they’re definitely pricey. i honestly never thought i’d buy one till i tried it. **** works magic :lol:

the theragun comes with a compression tip (i think that’s what it’s called) it’s made for going over bones and tender areas. i’ve haven’t had it too long but a few times i started at my neck and worked down to my feet, feels great afterwards

def want to try one of the thera-gun things look cool

switched gyms when i moved...i feel bad for ever complaining about my old gym. New gym is still LA Fitness but man its way worse then the old one. No one ever re-racks anything. Dumbbells all over the floors, every bar has weight on it as well as all the machines (the hammer strength ones that use free weights)

worst of all the new gym has hex plates....yesterday was deadlift day and man it is really hard to manage with the hex-plates. Rolling into my shins and too far away from me when i put them down every rep....i hate it

Got one of those Fitness Reality power racks for Christmas. Haven't opened it, crossing my fingers that all the pieces are still there. Anyone have one?

The leg press might be the worst machine possible for fake loading.
Nothing like when they on the machine and don't even unlock the safety because the weight is barely moving.
Got one of those Fitness Reality power racks for Christmas. Haven't opened it, crossing my fingers that all the pieces are still there. Anyone have one?
I have the flat, decline, incline, but I don't recall if it is Fitness Reality. Had inflammation in my right shoulder and finally going away, be back on the wagon next week.

def want to try one of the thera-gun things look cool

switched gyms when i moved...i feel bad for ever complaining about my old gym. New gym is still LA Fitness but man its way worse then the old one. No one ever re-racks anything. Dumbbells all over the floors, every bar has weight on it as well as all the machines (the hammer strength ones that use free weights)

worst of all the new gym has hex plates....yesterday was deadlift day and man it is really hard to manage with the hex-plates. Rolling into my shins and too far away from me when i put them down every rep....i hate it
That’s proof of horrible management. Some gyms want to fake like they’re one of the “serious” dirty run down gyms and just keep it trashed.

Nothing like when they on the machine and don't even unlock the safety because the weight is barely moving.

I have the flat, decline, incline, but I don't recall if it is Fitness Reality. Had inflammation in my right shoulder and finally going away, be back on the wagon next week.
Lol. Thing about the leg press is that at a certain point anyone can move a full rack. Only at near the bottom is it really hard and the weights truly shows. That 1 foot of ROM doe..... :lol:

Sounds like you're talking about a bench?

I bought the rack.

img_0047_2000x2000fr.jpg

What movements irritate your shoulder?

Don't know if this is the right thread but I just got an hour long deep tissue massage yesterday. Got damn that lil Asian chick destroyed me :lol:. Fell asleep on the table afterwards :smh:. I've gotten it one time before and the chick was more gentle and it was rough but pleasant. But this chick was treating me like she hated me and never wanted me to come back :lol:. Besides that I think I'm in love with her and I'm going back next Monday

Back
Top Bottom