STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I workout tights only sometimes. They’re running “pants” so they’re meant to be that way. The bulge is on point so it’s on you

7FB0A734-5755-44D1-B159-95C2E6A06CCA.jpeg

Posted in the food thread but here’s my post workout meal after hitting a push day

PSA:

Don’t be one of those dudes who has $200 shoes and a 10 cent squat. Literally just watched a dude stretch and foam roll for 30 minutes in front of the rack and proceed to not put anything over 185 on the bar :lol:

Miss me with that gym bully **** too

Edit: dude is now rolling his upper body after squatting, I’m dying :rofl:

Who rolls for 30 minutes before they squat? That’s backwards af.

Brb getting a deep tissue massage and seeing how I lift after...

I quit squatting in shoes. No need :lol:

Yeah mine never hurt but I feel more stable.

I have no problem hitting depth or with mobility so it works well. I pretty much do my whole leg day in socks.

It’s good for a lot of things especially lunges. It just feels awkward in shoes now.

i’m trying to stick to weightlifting shoes only on Oly work. metcons for everything else

i’m too paranoid to go shoeless. feel like me or someone else is gonna drop something on my foot :lol:

Since we're talking squats, I have a funny story from today.

I felt like **** (no sleep the past few nights and down 15 lbs. from a few months ago due to stress/not eating as much), but decide to hit legs anyways (my favorite day).

I'm 6'2 185 at this point and I've worked my *** off for YEARS working on mobility/strength/form. I hit legs 2-3 times a week and often skip chest day to hit legs if I feel fresh (my chest is overdeveloped from prioritizing it as a self admitted gym bro the first few years I lifted).

Any ways, working sets today looked like:

225 x 5
275 x 5
315 3x3
275 4x4
225 3x5 (paused)

All beltless/sleeveless, in Vans. A 40 year old fat **** I've talked to before comes up to me in between my 275 back down sets and asks me about my goals and whether 275 is my max. I tell him I have hybrid goals, hence why I train in a hybrid manner. Dude is lumpy as hell and proceeds to tell me;

-squats are bad because they only use your joints, spine, glutes, and quads
-I will never get big doing them because no modern BBers do ATG squats
-I'm going to hurt myself (and tells me to ask a Chiro about form?!?!)
And here's the kicker: I should lift legs with him on Wednesday if I want to be legitimately sore/get gains

I tried being civil, but holy ****, I can't stand this dude (meanwhile, he grabs 90s and proceeds to quarter rep decline bench it for sets of less than 4).

A PL friend watched it go down and told me I'm too nice because I tried to reason with him rather than just telling him off. Attached is a video of me hitting 365 a few months ago so y'all can critique my form and see if y'all think I should take him seriously (I won't regardless) and lift with him Wednesday and **** all over his obese self or not.

Not gonna lie, made my last few sets easy given how much dude irked me.

TL;DR: unless someone asks your advice (and especially if you're a fat *** with no strength), stay in your own got**** lane.

Not aimed at anyone here, BTW just venting

Last edited:
i’m trying to stick to weightlifting shoes only on Oly work. metcons for everything else

i’m too paranoid to go shoeless. feel like me or someone else is gonna drop something on my foot :lol:

It’s not like the shoes would save your foot anyways. :lol:

That c4 preworkout gets my temper on hulk mode sometimes :lol: :smh: legit feels like I'm on meth if i don't work it all out at the gym. Went to work and fired off on this rude customer. We both ended up apologizing to each other :lol:

Ive been doing the bcaa with caffeine instead of pre workout. Gives me that boost but not OD like the PWO. Especially since i dont have a ton of time in the gym. When im on pwo I dont wanna stop

Back
Top Bottom