STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

@ahat20

They really don’t. I don’t mind working in with you on something like that.

I’m not sharing a squat rack or bench with you... but something like that who cares. It takes all of 4 seconds to set it how you want.

I think people are just scared of human contact. Half the time if offer to work in they just go “nah I’m good I’ll wait” :lol: you aren’t disrupting me, I’m gonna rest then you can use it, or just stare at the wall until I’m done... your call chief.

You're obviously not big enough. Keep bulkin brah.

You'll know you've made it when the pec dec police officer runs across the gym to let some other dude know you're using the machine now.

:lol: I am a small dude, still will pull more than 95% of my gym though. :pimp:

:lol: the latter isn’t any better, I don’t want a gym butler.

For anyone interested in a dexa you get some printouts that look this. These are mine.

Here’s a detailed look at my body composition.
439DCE5A-D7D8-4437-AD66-BABB242E8116.jpeg

Here’s my bone density. In terms on my body scan the White = bones, Green = lean mass Red = fat.
A2B9D4C2-F812-4FE4-A9F0-440DD4977540.jpeg

I was in pain constantly, not anymore. What is your issue?

It has been a lot of trial and error for me, but in the end getting stronger core/legs and more flexible was the cure. I still get some pain when things get tight, but keeping active keeps the pain away for the most part.

I got rheumatoid arthritis & degenerative disc disease.

Honestly? I can’t imagine how I’d function if not for lifting. I never feel as good as I do post lift.

Every morning I wake up feeling like I been in a car accident. Every morning a different joint will be stiff and immobile. I gotta manipulate it myself to alleviate pressure.

My back always ****ed up but it is what it is. I’ve learned to embrace the pain. **** like I said, I’m in pain literally every waking (and sleeping) moment of my existence. I don’t even remember what it’s like to be pain free anymore.

So why not have something to show for it?

Honestly? I can’t imagine how I’d function if not for lifting. I never feel as good as I do post lift.

Every morning I wake up feeling like I been in a car accident. Every morning a different joint will be stiff and immobile. I gotta manipulate it myself to alleviate pressure.

My back always ****ed up but it is what it is. I’ve learned to embrace the pain. **** like I said, I’m in pain literally every waking (and sleeping) moment of my existence. I don’t even remember what it’s like to be pain free anymore.

Especially if if makes you feel better, hell yeah. My extra motivation is being able to pickup and carry my youngest daughter and setting an example for my oldest.

Sounds like you got it much worse than me, kudos to you for finding the mental strength to keep at it. I know what you mean, it can be a real struggle in the morning, but moving some heavy weights around early does wonders for mobility throughout the rest of the day.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I feel the best during and after lifting and then I slowly go back to being a in a moderate amount of discomfort until I lift the next day or in two days or whatever.

I had surgeries on my ribs and a collapsed lung as kid and I always feel "off-kilter." A little bit of scoliosis and neck arthritis doesn't help either.

Washed.

I used to live on a foam roller and lacrosse ball until my physical therapist suggested I dial it back.

I've tried everything under the sun: fish oil, apple cider vinegar, glucosamine/chondritin, CBD, Penetrex. All sorts of sh*t.

Especially if if makes you feel better, hell yeah. My extra motivation is being able to pickup and carry my youngest daughter and setting an example for my oldest.

Sounds like you got it much worse than me, kudos to you for finding the mental strength to keep at it. I know what you mean, it can be a real struggle in the morning, but moving some heavy weights around early does wonders for mobility throughout the rest of the day.

I wish I could lift in the AM with any sort of regularity.

Unfortunately b/c of my schedule RN I’m resigned to lifting at night.

But I do calisthenics throughout the day. It’s not uncommon for ppl to walk in on me doing push-ups in an empty conference room at work.

Anyone got a good video for front squats?

How do you rest the bar on yourself? I felt like I was working out my arms more than legs. :lol::smh:
That bar needs to feel like it’s almost choking you from where it should sit. Basically my delts are pushing it against the base of my neck. Elbows stay high because as soon as mine drop I feel it in my arms more

in a perfectly world 2-3 times a year but them ****s are exapensive. I paid 69 for mines off of Groupon but that’s only a 1 time use. The operator told me they were running a special for 180 for 2 additional scans. Normally they’re 150 for 1.

But I be buying kicks on a regular basis and if I’m really about this then I see it as being well worth it.

what would you recommend?

losing weight and losing fat are a completely different ballpark

most people think when the weight drops they're losing fat too

think you can drop the weight but losing fat is another ballpark in terms of training, cardio, diet

not the best reference tho since I stay lean year round

think you can drop the weight but losing fat is another ballpark in terms of training, cardio, diet

not the best reference tho since I stay lean year round
I’m not an expert or anything but I’ve dropped fat a bunch of times.

Like you said if you keep your training and dieting a certain way you should lose mostly fat. At most ones lean mass loss should only total maybe 20% of your total weight loss. And you can minimize that number by keeping the protein high and lifting heavy. This is of course dependent on how much fat you’re trying to lose.

Are you one of those bastards with a wild metabolism that can stay lean year round:angry::frown: cause I know you eat like a king :lol:

I’m not an expert or anything but I’ve dropped fat a bunch of times.

Like you said if you keep your training and dieting a certain way you should lose mostly fat. At most ones lean mass loss should only total maybe 20% of your total weight loss. And you can minimize that number by keeping the protein high and lifting heavy. This is of course dependent on how much fat you’re trying to lose.

Are you one of those bastards with a wild metabolism that can stay lean year round:angry::frown: cause I know you eat like a king :lol:

still 10 percent is a crazy drop
I've trained with some linemen and athletes that can't do that

I'm fairly active 16k steps a day+ 6 day PPL split never really "bulk" do not gain fat really ever

those meals I post in the food threads are usually the best thing I eat in a certain day lol the rest of the day I'll drink bone broth and eat eggs/ veggies

Yeah I take a **** ton of pills myself but really it’s just something I think we have to manage.

As you get older the key to both longevity and quality of life is to keep moving.

That’s all we can really do bro. I salute you and anyone else that keeps grinding no matter their diagnosis.

literally my dad right now. hes 65 and he goes mountain biking every weekend. ish is hard af

Ive come to live by the saying "it doesn't matter what the scale says, if you don't like what you see in the mirror."

With that said NY I don't think you're gonna drop 10% in 12 weeks naturally and if love already got a good bit of muscle on you, 5-6% would be more doable.

Ive got my birthday coming up tomorrow so I know Ill go buck wild but hopefully Im around 215 at my morning weigh in.

^This. A lot of the "weight" people drop is water weight, the lack of mass from depleted gylcogen levels, lean mass, and some is fat.

Most people prolly don't have the know-how to effectively manipulate their body composition like that.

still 10 percent is a crazy drop
I've trained with some linemen and athletes that can't do that

I'm fairly active 16k steps a day+ 6 day PPL split never really "bulk" do not gain fat really ever

those meals I post in the food threads are usually the best thing I eat in a certain day lol the rest of the day I'll drink bone broth and eat eggs/ veggies

Ive come to live by the saying "it doesn't matter what the scale says, if you don't like what you see in the mirror."

With that said NY I don't think you're gonna drop 10% in 12 weeks naturally and if love already got a good bit of muscle on you, 5-6% would be more doable.

Ive got my birthday coming up tomorrow so I know Ill go buck wild but hopefully Im around 215 at my morning weigh in.

Y’all right :lol:

My math just trash.

This is the first time I’ve ever had a scan or have gotten an “accurate” number of my body fat%

This makes me even more excited to get this fat up off me. My number is definitely off.

I did my own trash calculations :lol: All I really know is that I can lose 20-25 pounds in 12 weeks easy peasy :pimp: of course some of that is water and muscle but it’s mostly fat.

I’ll redo the scan when I lose the weight.

All I know is that when 20-25 pounds below my current weight I have abs and a lot of vascularity throughout my body. But that could very well be 12% - 13% who knows :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom