STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i haven’t, been thinking about it though.

a few people from my gym have and they seem pretty happy with the results
I just got mine done today before I head on my cut.

It definitely offers a deep look into things

Had me over analyzing myself lol.

I used to cringe at the thought of me doing rack pulls. Like why not just DL? But now that I’m burnt after leg day and my back day calls for rack pulls OR DLs, I run to that rack real quick :lol:

Sup fellas, I’ve been lurking in here for a while, but I finally wanted to make my first post. I’ve always been into lifting/playing sports ever since I was a kid, but I started to take my lifting seriously in mid august.

I started out at 185, it’s not the heaviest I’ve ever been, that was 205ish around my freshman year, after a semester of drinking and eating like ****. In the spring semester, I cut, and I was feeling good with my routine and diet. But I let it all go that following summer and was really struggling with my body since then. Sophomore and junior year, I wasn’t really lifting with a purpose, while also mixing in basketball and other sports.

But to get back on topic, I’ve been hitting the gym pretty hard for my senior year. I initially decided to cut/lose weight, I was just tired of feeling too heavy (I'm only 5'8, 5'9 on a good day). I’m sure I did that backwards, maybe I should’ve built a solid foundation of muscle first and then proceeded to cut but oh well.

I’m now down to 160, my initial plan was not to lose 25 pounds lol, but I had a set back from mid October to late November to where I couldn’t lift or eat how I wanted. But now I’m stronger than ever, and I’ve been on a 5 day split since January and I’ve been hitting 5x5 lifts since early February.

My diet is solid, I pretty much eat the same way I do when I was cutting but bigger portions, substituting the fish for chicken, and a lot more bread.

I guess for now I’ll just continue to maintain/bulk until I graduate in May. And then assess afterwards. I’m currently taking MyProtein’s whey isolate for anyone that wants to know.

I would say my overall goal is to continue to gain strength, and just be happy with my physique. Try and get that shredded look. But I know that it takes years of lifting and dedication, in which I'm willing to do.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated. Positive or negative.

Also, shoutout to aNYone aNYone

CE7434CB-78B8-4F7B-8295-526C6546746F.jpeg

A week after I started back on August 25th. I thought I had some muscle on me, but looking back I didn't have much.
185 pounds.

0A5FD724-9621-4850-BE50-FE3C9F13B9A1.jpeg

December 8th, I was down to 155. Like I said earlier, my intentions weren't to lose a **** ton of weight, but I was doing a lot of cardio. I would hit 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill on days I lifted, and then play basketball on my rest days.

B00A8B76-5822-405C-9FFD-6B45B8F925AE.jpeg

March 1st. Up to 160. Not a lot of cardio, maybe once or twice a week.

I used to cringe at the thought of me doing rack pulls. Like why not just DL? But now that I’m burnt after leg day and my back day calls for rack pulls OR DLs, I run to that rack real quick :lol:

Agreed. ESP after a heavy training week. I consider them a “deload” lift lol

Sup fellas, I’ve been lurking in here for a while, but I finally wanted to make my first post. I’ve always been into lifting/playing sports ever since I was a kid, but I started to take my lifting seriously in mid august.

I started out at 185, it’s not the heaviest I’ve ever been, that was 205ish around my freshman year, after a semester of drinking and eating like ****. In the spring semester, I cut, and I was feeling good with my routine and diet. But I let it all go that following summer and was really struggling with my body since then. Sophomore and junior year, I wasn’t really lifting with a purpose, while also mixing in basketball and other sports.

But to get back on topic, I’ve been hitting the gym pretty hard for my senior year. I initially decided to cut/lose weight, I was just tired of feeling too heavy (I'm only 5'8, 5'9 on a good day). I’m sure I did that backwards, maybe I should’ve built a solid foundation of muscle first and then proceeded to cut but oh well.

I’m now down to 160, my initial plan was not to lose 25 pounds lol, but I had a set back from mid October to late November to where I couldn’t lift or eat how I wanted. But now I’m stronger than ever, and I’ve been on a 5 day split since January and I’ve been hitting 5x5 lifts since early February.

My diet is solid, I pretty much eat the same way I do when I was cutting but bigger portions, substituting the fish for chicken, and a lot more bread.

I guess for now I’ll just continue to maintain/bulk until I graduate in May. And then assess afterwards. I’m currently taking MyProtein’s whey isolate for anyone that wants to know.

I would say my overall goal is to continue to gain strength, and just be happy with my physique. Try and get that shredded look. But I know that it takes years of lifting and dedication, in which I'm willing to do.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated. Positive or negative.

Also, shoutout to aNYone aNYone

CE7434CB-78B8-4F7B-8295-526C6546746F.jpeg

A week after I started back on August 25th. I thought I had some muscle on me, but looking back I didn't have much.
185 pounds.

0A5FD724-9621-4850-BE50-FE3C9F13B9A1.jpeg

December 8th, I was down to 155. Like I said earlier, my intentions weren't to lose a **** ton of weight, but I was doing a lot of cardio. I would hit 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill on days I lifted, and then play basketball on my rest days.

B00A8B76-5822-405C-9FFD-6B45B8F925AE.jpeg

March 1st. Up to 160. Not a lot of cardio, maybe once or twice a week.

What's a typical day for you look like diet wise?

I was in pain constantly, not anymore. What is your issue?

It has been a lot of trial and error for me, but in the end getting stronger core/legs and more flexible was the cure. I still get some pain when things get tight, but keeping active keeps the pain away for the most part.
In the same boat. 3 months of PT to get my lower back right. Just trying to strengthen and get more flexible now.

What's a typical day for you look like diet wise?

Breakfast I'll alternate between 3-4 pieces of turkey bacon/turkey sausage, spinach, 2-3 eggs, oatmeal with fruit/bagels

Lunch is usually just me snacking on stuff like nuts, protein bars or fruit. I usually don't eat lunch because i'm eating breakfast around 12:30/1 on days I workout (fasted) or i'm in class until 3:30.

Dinner I eat chicken breast/thighs, carrots, spinach and I down a protein shake to go with it.

In the same boat. 3 months of PT to get my lower back right. Just trying to strengthen and get more flexible now.

Hang in there, or better yet, fight through it.. Took me years to figure out strength and flexibility was my key to a pain-free life, you got a huge head start.

What’s your guys Instagram? Would love to follow some of y’all pages if you guys post fitness related pics/vids. Keep each other motivated.

@edward_chollen

damn you're gonna drop 10% BF in 12 weeks?
I’ve been a fatty then dropped weight I’ve “bulked” then cut a few times too. I can lose 2 pounds a week like clock work.

I’m starting at 217 and don’t plan on losing a large amount of lean mass. I’m shooting to lose 20-25 pounds.

I’m guesstimating that that’ll put me in the 10% range

damn. y’all making me want to get a dexa adam but also nervous for the results :lol:

Anyone here ever do a DEXA scan?

Yeah I got a dexa scan and an RMR test. High bodyfat percentage but I have a really low levels of visceral adipose tissue. Turns out I just eat way too ****** much but I'm relatively healthy

I’ve been a fatty then dropped weight I’ve “bulked” then cut a few times too. I can lose 2 pounds a week like clock work.

I’m starting at 217 and don’t plan on losing a large amount of lean mass. I’m shooting to lose 20-25 pounds.

I’m guesstimating that that’ll put me in the 10% range

that's a huge leap good luck

Back
Top Bottom