STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Curious how people would feel towards a celebrity in Hollywood. I heard that Stan Lee charges 400 for a pic and a chat at the last expo he was at.

no way i’d ever cough up 400 for that

I’ve purchased an Apple Watch twice from Best Buy lol. I’ve returned it both times. I don’t see it being worth $300-$400. Max I’d pay is &200.

Just outta curiosity, what do y'all boys use these bands/watches for? Do ya'll be takin em on road/trail runs, gym circuits, lifting, regular *** cardio, what?

it tracks calories, heart rate, distance traveled, pace, elevation changes. possibly more, that’s all i can think of off the top of my head

smh do I need an apple watch? been wanting one but i never wear watches and idk how beneficial it would be for me in terms of lifting.

They're not that accurate from what I've read. It's good as a heart monitor but not so great at tracking energy expenditure

Better off with a chest heart monitor

Last edited:
Thanks ya'll. I don't really see any gym bros in my gym's weight rooms with em, so I never asked ppl in person.

Will prolly skip then, since I don't really move enough to need one (only non-Oly lifting + treadmill for the foreseeable future).

i don't have one, but like others, i don't think its worth it. if you're using it purely for fitness, there are cheaper options. realistically, a fitbit or any pedometer does the trick if you want to be more active. i had the Alta HR (gave it to my mom), just to make me get up and walk throughout the day vs sitting at my desk for hours. i'm skeptical about how accurate the iWatch is to track your HR, activity level, etc.

If you get gps version, they are great for running.. For a couple weeks I wore chest monitor and watch while doing cardio and the watch is very accurate. It is also nice to see a long-term view of your heart rate activity.

If you have an iphone and the gps version, you don't need to carry phone everywhere and you still have access to voice, text and your music/podcasts. You could just leave your phone in the car/locker and still do just about everything you need to do from your watch. Also has timer/stopwatch, which is good for keeping on track between sets.

Only problem I have come across while working out is if you wear gloves or straps. When I wear the watch on my left wrist, the analog dial is facing my hand and the edge of the glove tends to press the button. Not a big deal but it activates siri and she won't shut up.

I have a Garmin watch someone gave me a while back. Need to find it, might start using it for cardio

If you have an iphone and the gps version, you don't need to carry phone everywhere.

Only problem I have come across while working out is if you wear gloves or straps..

I track all my lifts on an app on my phone (Five3OnePro), even when using pen and paper. Usually using gloves, wraps, or straps too, so that might not work.

They do let you reverse the face, so you could wear the watch upside down and the dial would be facing the other way. Or you could wear on right wrist. There also may be a way to disable siri on that dial, I would need to check into that if someone really wants me to. I always just take watch off while lifting, but I lift at home gym.

They're not that accurate from what I've read. It's good as a heart monitor but not so great at tracking energy expenditure

Better off with a chest heart monitor
I give it **** but as far as accuracy I think it’s accurate enough in most cases.

If you get gps version, they are great for running.. For a couple weeks I wore chest monitor and watch while doing cardio and the watch is very accurate. It is also nice to see a long-term view of your heart rate activity.

If you have an iphone and the gps version, you don't need to carry phone everywhere and you still have access to voice, text and your music/podcasts. You could just leave your phone in the car/locker and still do just about everything you need to do from your watch. Also has timer/stopwatch, which is good for keeping on track between sets.

Only problem I have come across while working out is if you wear gloves or straps. When I wear the watch on my left wrist, the analog dial is facing my hand and the edge of the glove tends to press the button. Not a big deal but it activates siri and she won't shut up.
I wear it in my boxing gloves and sometimes it’ll stop the workout. Super annoying

I give it **** but as far as accuracy I think it’s accurate enough in most cases.

Im just saying what the studies have shown. It's the most accurate wrist apparatus for a heart monitor but for energy expenditure not so much. Wrist monitors are less accurate in general compared to a chest monitor.

Back
Top Bottom