STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

carbs arent bad, if i counted what i ate you would be shocked at how much carbs i consumed every single day during my cut last year.

no cardio for me either.

80% diet, 20% exercise= abs

Good looking out. Didn't know those links were on the first page.

I check my body fat last week and they said it was 20%. I found that hard to believe since it was only 13% at LA Fitness maybe a month ago.

How did you test it? Calipers?

Usually any test aside from a bod-pod or dexa scan can fluctuate pretty significantly in addition to not being very accurate.

At LA Fitness I used this tool that I hold directly in front of me with both hands.

At the health fair I had to stand in something that was able to calculate my weight, height, bmi, body fat, and body fat mass.

carbs arent bad, if i counted what i ate you would be shocked at how much carbs i consumed every single day during my cut last year.

no cardio for me either.

80% diet, 20% exercise= abs
I think people in this thread are getting too caught up in their diet. For what just about all of you are trying to achieve, your diet doesn't need to be perfect. Enjoy what you eat. Boring is unsustainable over the long run. The work you put in at the gym isn't going to go to waste if you have ice cream, if you use a little butter to cook your vegetables, of if you go out to eat and order whatever the hell you want once in a while.

I think people in this thread are getting too caught up in their diet. For what just about all of you are trying to achieve, your diet doesn't need to be perfect. Enjoy what you eat. Boring is unsustainable over the long run. The work you put in at the gym isn't going to go to waste if you have ice cream, if you use a little butter to cook your vegetables, of if you go out to eat and order whatever the hell you want once in a while.

lol word, dudes not enjoying life acting like they in Contest Prep 24/7

I plan on conquering this some time in the near future.

:x:tongue:

Go for it. I workout to eat. I'm obsessed with food.

I used to be anal beyond belief with my diet for a few years in college. No sweets ever, no salad dressing, no butter, didn't salt vegetables, counted every calorie, ate every 3 hours on the dot. It consumed me. And it turned out to be a total waste because it really didn't get me anywhere worth it.

lol word, dudes not enjoying life acting like they in Contest Prep 24/7

I plan on conquering this some time in the near future.

:x:tongue:

RIP :x

At LA Fitness I used this tool that I hold directly in front of me with both hands.

At the health fair I had to stand in something that was able to calculate my weight, height, bmi, body fat, and body fat mass.

Ya those handheld joints are not very accurate at all imo. Drinking a glass of water can throw the results just due to the nature of how it actually measures it.

I'm assuming you werent stadning in some water either? IF you want an accurate or ballpark I would suggest goign to your gym and seeing if they will do it for you there. Hopefully someone is competent enough to use calipers and give you a decent idea of where your at. If you really want to know, pics on here probably wouldnt hurt as bf % levels are pretty consistent visually.

QFT, sometimes less is more. No need to spend the calories getting worked up about macros and etc.. Unless your competing or really dead set on a goal then its kind of pointless IMO, to each their own though. Diet matters to some extent but it doesn't matter if your not putting in work in the first place.

And think about your diet this way...

You can jog an extra 20 minutes at a 6mph pace and burn 300 calories if you weigh 200 pounds. Those 300 calories get you a lot of extra food if you're eating clean to begin with.

I disagree. I think it needs to be taken serious. Almost maniac like. On the weekends, cool, do your thing. Don't overdo it. 1 day if fine per week. But to get max results, we all know that what you put in needs to be taken seriously.

And think about your diet this way...

You can jog an extra 20 minutes at a 6mph pace and burn 300 calories if you weigh 200 pounds. Those 300 calories get you a lot of extra food if you're eating clean to begin with.
But it isn't JUST the calories. The sugar. The cholesterol. The saturated fat. It isn't as simple as, "I ate a 300 calorie cookie, I need to burn 300 to make up for it."

Macros for the day. Got 2800 calories. I was below my sodium intake until I hade an egg white and turkey sausage burrito on my way home from work.

GNC sent me an email regarding them cancelling my order. I'm guessing everybody will have theirs cancelled after reading this.

Due to a brief technical issue, the pricing on the site was not accurate on several products. Due to this error the orders were cancelled per the terms and conditions of our website. However, due to the inconvenience, we would like to offer you the ability to replace an order with $20 off of a purchase of $100 and free shipping. To take advantage of this appeasement, simply call a customer service agent at 877.GNC.4700 (877.462.4700) and they will place the order and apply the discount. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Been doing this for like the past 2 weeks :lol:

White rice w/ cilantro and lime juice
Chicken
Low sodium Black beans
Salsa
Guac

:pimp:
Yeah -

Alright:

HAS ANYONE TRIED INSANITY, P90X, 10 MINUTE TRAINER anything like that and gotten results?

Doing a research paper (small one) and I want to know how you guys feel?
Your paper would be better off if you looked at peer reviewed studies rather than polling an internet forum.

I've been going hard with the diet and weights for 7 straight weeks now.

I've been working out longer but the last 7 weeks have been super dieting and consistent effort in the gym.

I asked my girl to be honest and tell me if she sees any difference in my gains yesterday (I'm trying to bulk)...she said she doesn't wanna hurt my feelings but she thinks I honestly look the same.

Feelsbadman is an understatement.

I've been giving it my all day in and day out. I know it takes a lot longer than 7 weeks to see
gains but I didn't think I'd look exactly the same.

:rolleyes

Hard to keep eating healthy and giving the gym my all when you hear that. Not only that but I'm 6'2 and when I started my bulk I was 178. Yesterday mornin I jump on the scale and I was 177. The hell? I only do cardio one day a week (bball) and I've boosted my caloric intake to around 3000...more than I've ever eatin before on a daily basis (clean eating wise). Doesn't make sense man.
Head scratcher...
Has my metabolism really sped up that fast?
I don't understand how After 7 weeks of
Eating well over maintenance, plenty of protein carbs and fats...vitamins, whey shakes, and starting creatine...I lost a pound? Someone have an idea how this could happen?

Should I not panic? Am I losing body fat while I gain muscle possibly? Idk man.

But ill keep going... Gonna keep faith that its gonna Pay off...hopefully. *sigh*
You're not eating enough. But you realize there are other measures to fitness success than solely appearance. How are your lifts progressing?

My guy put me on this book called Max Muscle Plan and I am a month and a half in. Works like magic lol. I've coupled it with the diet from the 4 hour body book and the results are coming. I went from 225, 2-3 rep max on bench to 315, 2-3 rep max. Doing 335 on squat 3x5 on squat got me feeling right in there. haha :pimp:
Now my only thing is getting more cardio in. Trying to maintain a lifestyle change is hard but the results make me wanna keep going. I was 221 and my goal is 195-200.

Question....Has anyone here used a slow absorbing casien protein ? If so, how did you like it vs regular whey proteins? I've heard good things about it and I want to try it. Right now I just take carnivor as a sub for whey protein a long with my multi vitamin and supplements. Any input is helpful.
Dude, I don't believe you put 90 pounds on your bench in a month in a half. Sorry.
Casein is good, but not essential. I prefer casein to whey in terms of taste and consistency, but it is more expensive. I don't think the slower absorption will really make a difference unless you have everything else timed and planned out and don't deviate from the plan.

What do you do when you're over your fats and calories but are still hungry as ****?

iLLest!
I thought you were bulking...

Made my own Chipotle bowl at home:

8 oz ground beef 80/20
200g black beans
Handful of broccoli
Pinch of sharp cheddar
3 Old El Paso hard taco shells

Not the most healthy, but it isn't as bad as going to the actual restaurant.
Ground beef and black beans is Chipotle to you? Not a bad meal, but I don't really see the Chipotle resemblance.

I was just thinking about this and wondered if anyone else experienced it.

At the peak of my bulking, I was up to 180 pounds. Now 5 years later, I'm as cut up as I've ever been at 135. At 180 I was wearing a 9.5 shoe and 7 1/8 hat, now at 135 I'm wearing a 8.5 shoe and 7 hat. Anyone else experience this? lol

I was just thinking about this and wondered if anyone else experienced it.

At the peak of my bulking, I was up to 180 pounds. Now 5 years later, I'm as cut up as I've ever been at 135. At 180 I was wearing a 9.5 shoe and 7 1/8 hat, now at 135 I'm wearing a 8.5 shoe and 7 hat. Anyone else experience this? lol

:lol: I've heard that happens to obese people when they lose weight, never heard it happening other wise. How tall are you? 135 damn!

:lol: I've heard that happens to obese people when they lose weight, never heard it happening other wise. How tall are you? 135 damn!

I'm 5'-7". No one believed that I weighed 180 when I did, now no one believes I only weigh 135 lol

I disagree. I think it needs to be taken serious. Almost maniac like. On the weekends, cool, do your thing. Don't overdo it. 1 day if fine per week. But to get max results, we all know that what you put in needs to be taken seriously.

I'm with you here. Not saying my diet is as pristine as I need it to be, but the idea is to get closer and closer. Two years ago...my god :lol:

Plus, it may not be a bad idea to qualify these statements on here with the persons saying them...

been doing keto for a while. going to start carb backloading... i miss dem carbs bro

no carbs all day, then BAM post workout, hit em with them poptarts for that insulin spike!

The average dude in this thread isn't that old.

Back
Top Bottom