STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

the gym fb has a few people trying to tell them to shut down.
shut up and dont come if you scared. theres people that gotta get these lifts in. everyone here is cleaning the machines before and after. I think we're good. I bought my lysol spray.
I talked to the general manager. he said he was getting a ton of calls about closing it. I dont understand why people just dont worry about themselves.
there wa actually quite a bit of people here this morning (got here at 6) about the normal amount.
people will get tired of "self quarantining" and start coming in like. "did yall clean......ok I'm sorry. I'm back. I was just concerned"

As much as these establishments (gyms, stores, movie theaters, etc.) would love to claim that they care about their clientele, the primary reason most of them are closing is for liability reasons. If someone goes to your gym (or store or movie theater) and they get Corona virus and die, you're just begging for a lawsuit)

Welp...my gym decided to close. I may have to join CrossFit 😬

Got a final workout in today.

3E88C8F3-5556-4733-922A-1BBA1CFFDB16.jpeg

7 ROUNDS:

Squat x 5 (225lbs)
Leg press x 8-10 (140lbs on)
Single arm dumbbell shoulder press x 7 (40lbs)

these are in pairs, not singles. So the total is 305lbs
need those calibrated platezz.
only plan on benching in my home gym. Days I squat and deadlift I need machines so I have to go to the gym for those days on my new program (once the gyms open)
Oh okay. I was a bit confused when I saw the "1x" next to the weights.

I was thinking why the hell would anyone buy a single plate like that??

These (or an Amazon budget version) are a good get too

As much as these establishments (gyms, stores, movie theaters, etc.) would love to claim that they care about their clientele, the primary reason most of them are closing is for liability reasons. If someone goes to your gym (or store or movie theater) and they get Corona virus and die, you're just begging for a lawsuit)
well no. this as well as everything else is do at your own volition. if you're worried about the rona. and you go to a place that may make you more susceptible that's on you. specifically at the gym and all gyms. you sign a waiver absolving them of all responsibility of you getting hurt except under faulty equipment

well no. this as well as everything else is do at your own volition. if you're worried about the rona. and you go to a place that may make you more susceptible that's on you. specifically at the gym and all gyms. you sign a waiver absolving them of all responsibility of you getting hurt except under faulty equipment

Even if you're correct the fact of the matter is no business wants the negative PR that could possibly come with someone catching this virus at their establishment or just having an infected patron in attendance, which could possibly be even more detrimental than a lawsuit. It's not even so much about the virus itself as it is the stigma that's attached to it potentially deterring existing and future clientele.

Even if you're correct the fact of the matter is no business wants the negative PR that could possibly come with someone catching this virus at their establishment or just having an infected patron in attendance, which could possibly be even more detrimental than a lawsuit. It's not even so much about the virus itself as it is the stigma that's attached to it potentially deterring existing and future clientele.
how would one prove that's where they got it. I'm sure if you're going to the gym. you're going other places as well. it seems illogical to point a finger when the entire world is practically susceptible at any given place and any given time.
not holding up in court for you to say. well I didnt have the rona monday. but I had it tuesday after my lift session

Ppl saying everything is gonna be closed for the next 2 weeks but others are saying 6+ weeks. Not sure what to believe.

My friend’s friend who works with the feds said they’re hiding a lot to the public and things are worse than what the media is reporting...

this might go on for some time.

how would one prove that's where they got it. I'm sure if you're going to the gym. you're going other places as well. it seems illogical to point a finger when the entire world is practically susceptible at any given place and any given time.
not holding up in court for you to say. well I didnt have the rona monday. but I had it tuesday after my lift session

imagine one person gets it and spreads it to 3-5 people at the gym.. RIP gym.

SF mandated lockdown is 3 weeks (at least). it’s day 3 and i’m already going stir crazy. it’s gonna be rough. i guess running, calistetics and weight vest workouts it is for me

I lived in Korea and still have friends there. 3rd highest infected country. and no where shut down for 2-3 week

Back
Top Bottom