STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

in your opinion, what are the best exercises most people aren't doing?

upper: face pulls (maybe pull/chin ups)
lower: glute ham raise/bulgarian split squats (maybe pull-through or good mornings) a lot of good ones i don't see people doing when it comes to the lower body
my opinion, deadlifts at my local community gym. atleast more than half don't do it. probably because a lot of "old" folks and generation Z are more prevalent in my area. on more popular gyms, it's the opposite.

New La fitness opened by me. I’ve been to prob 30 of these gyms while traveling, I haven’t see this machine tho. Glute ham raise? I’ll need to watch some YouTube vids before making a fool of myself on it lol
4AC91315-EDD7-4CDB-846A-83FA63927CE0.jpeg

These are sick. Wish more places had em. Key is to not bend forward at the waist

Good stuff. I’ll give it a try and be fully warmed up first. Based on what he talked about I’m thinking they’re pretty damn hard to do the full rom/positive and negative, I know I can’t do full rom nordics. My height makes it tuff but also not strong enough right now

New La fitness opened by me. I’ve been to prob 30 of these gyms while traveling, I haven’t see this machine tho. Glute ham raise? I’ll need to watch some YouTube vids before making a fool of myself on it lol

GHD careful with the rahbdo

😂 you' re a better man than me, i'd definitely look foolish trying to figure an orientation that works as long as i don't get hurt i'm down to go in...because there are a few machines in gyms where i'm not totally clear how you are supposed to use them

Last edited:
😂 you' re a better man than me, i'd definitely look foolish trying to figure an orientation that works as long as i don't get hurt i'm down to go in because there are a few machines where i'm not totally clear how you are supposed to use them
I can see you doing a back handspring off it lol

I been back lifting now consistently a couple mths after having a minor surgery. Cut down some weight with all the running/boxing. Strength still there, went "heavy" on deadlifts the other day (hadnt gone past 2plates in a long time). 315x10 moved like nothing, was kinda shocked but i guess its like riding a bike lol. I feel like i can still pull 5 but i dunno if thats a good idea :lol: . Think ima just stick to 3plates, max. Anything more seems like the risk outweighs the reward for me.

I been back lifting now consistently a couple mths after having a minor surgery. Cut down some weight with all the running/boxing. Strength still there, went "heavy" on deadlifts the other day (hadnt gone past 2plates in a long time). 315x10 moved like nothing, was kinda shocked but i guess its like riding a bike lol. I feel like i can still pull 5 but i dunno if thats a good idea :lol: . Think ima just stick to 3plates, max. Anything more seems like the risk outweighs the reward for me.

why did you have to get surgery? what qualifies as heavy for you if you can pull 5 plates/rep out 315x10 easy?

why did you have to get surgery? what qualifies as heavy for you if you can pull 5 plates/rep out 315x10 easy?
Finally got the bullet removed from my arm. Was cautious lifting weights after but everything back to normal now. I dunno? 4-5plates is heavy i guess? Once the bar starts to noticeably bend i guess lol

Finally got the bullet removed from my arm. Was cautious lifting weights after but everything back to normal now. I dunno? 4-5plates is heavy i guess? Once the bar starts to noticeably bend i guess lol

sheesh, 😬 i got more questions…😂

i don’t know what the official line of demarcation for ‘heavy’ is? would it be a certain percentage of your one rep max??

down 40 since June only dieting :smokin

cut out sugar, carbs and whatever garbage i was eating. doin the keto diet, i'm a picky eater so this works the best. i haven't even been to the gym cause i have no time but i'm dyin to start to see how much faster this goes. tryin to get down another 25 , only thing is i've seem to be stuck at my weight now and haven't lost anything in like a week. thats mainly why i wanna get in the gym, just wish i could find the time ...

cut out sugar, carbs and whatever garbage i was eating. doin the keto diet, i'm a picky eater so this works the best. i haven't even been to the gym cause i have no time but i'm dyin to start to see how much faster this goes. tryin to get down another 25 , only thing is i've seem to be stuck at my weight now and haven't lost anything in like a week. thats mainly why i wanna get in the gym, just wish i could find the time ...
Dropped about the same amount from April to Sept.

Shout out to you. Keep going. Try you best to some exercise. Even if it’s just walking.

DOPE dope.
These are sick. Wish more places had em. Key is to not bend forward at the waist

RIP, wait until you start adding weight to them.

good for you. haven't weighed yet but my body is leaner compared to August where I hulked up. stopped my PWO and was just practically on Whey Protein doing OMAD. have to weigh later to see where I am at. last time I checked back in August, I was back to 204 lbs.

good for you. haven't weighed yet but my body is leaner compared to August where I hulked up. stopped my PWO and was just practically on Whey Protein doing OMAD. have to weigh later to see where I am at. last time I checked back in August, I was back to 204 lbs.
checked my weight. I'm at 217 lbs. funny thing is I'm leaner. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom