STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was always up in the air with receiving a spot for squats

The reason being, you need both a proficient spotter, and someone who is proficient at being spotted if that makes sense.

It’s kind of like y’all are on a team so to speak, especially with squatting it’s rare that whoever is spotting will be able to just take whatever weight you’re lifting off your back if things go wrong

Both people have to be communicating throughout the entire lift. And if the squatter does fail. It’s not like they’re home free. The spotter is gonna relieve just enough resistance where they can get it up easily.

Learning to bail is so essential for anyone who weight trains. It’s crazy simply, people either panic or don’t know what to do.

The spotter is 100% at fault.

That’s not how you spot a squat, you pick him up under the arms with your palms on his chest.

Idc how it looks having a dude doing that to you that’s how you spot.

bro…if you’re gonna squat with bumpers you don’t need a spotter, dump that ****!

spotter failed that man :smh:

so y’all putting to the way the spotter did the spot? given the way the lifter failed would he even been able to get the weight off him??

so y’all putting to the way the spotter did the spot? given the way the lifter failed would he even been able to get the weight off him??

My 100 pound daughter could have saved him with proper technique. He only needed a little help.

When you spot you aren’t lifting the weight for them, you’re just assisting them through a point where they’re struggling unless something goes terrible wrong.

I was always up in the air with receiving a spot for squats

The reason being, you need both a proficient spotter, and someone who is proficient at being spotted if that makes sense.

It’s kind of like y’all are on a team so to speak, especially with squatting it’s rare that whoever is spotting will be able to just take whatever weight you’re lifting off your back if things go wrong

Both people have to be communicating throughout the entire lift. And if the squatter does fail. It’s not like they’re home free. The spotter is gonna relieve just enough resistance where they can get it up easily.

Learning to bail is so essential for anyone who weight trains. It’s crazy simply, people either panic or don’t know what to do.

this makes sense, both parties have to be communicating & in sync! still i’m never going for a solo spotter on squats

as soon as he started going back down, he should have either been picked up by his chest like others have mentioned or that weight should have been pulled off

as soon as he started going back down, he should have either been picked up by his chest like others have mentioned or that weight should have been pulled off
Haven’t watched the video.

But he would’ve been good without a spot unless he passed out or something.

All it takes is moving your hands off the bar and a step or two forward.

I've seen a dude bail on 700+ in a squat rack with safety bars no problem. Now, maybe some squat racks out there are garbage, but a good one will save your ***. You don't have to set the bars perfectly. An inch or less ain't gonna matter.

I've failed one time doing squats. I simply moved my hands from underneath the bar and let the weight go.

I just got out of the hospital after about 60 days and I lost 40lbs. The good thing is my stomach is flat other than that I’m skinny and frail looking. What can I take to help put the weight back on my frame powders shakes. I plan on starting back at the gym on Monday after speeding time with my fam this weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just got out of the hospital after about 60 days and I lost 40lbs. The good thing is my stomach is flat other than that I’m skinny and frail looking. What can I take to help put the weight back on my frame powders shakes. I plan on starting back at the gym on Monday after speeding time with my fam this weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

you can get a mass gainer. heard good things about this one:

but if you wanna save money and keep it OG then here's the secret krabby patty formula for the shake

milk, protein powder, banana, peanut butter, oats.

blend that **** up and stay near a toilet.

saw this...

the spotter didnt spot correctly... but lets be real... unless your spotter is tall and has a good amount of muscle on him, most people aint gonna be able to spot 400+lbs from the back.

the guy in the video has 3 reds and a blue which is 463lbs. You need two people spotting on the side for a weight that heavy imo.

you can get a mass gainer. heard good things about this one:

but if you wanna save money and keep it OG then here's the secret krabby patty formula for the shake

Money isn’t an issue I’m a salaried employee so I should be good thanks bro.

are you having issues eating? you could probably just eat moderately clean and ease back into working out and be good money by slowly building

saw this...

the spotter didnt spot correctly... but lets be real... unless your spotter is tall and has a good amount of muscle on him, most people aint gonna be able to spot 400+lbs from the back.

the guy in the video has 3 reds and a blue which is 463lbs. You need two people spotting on the side for a weight that heavy imo.

i agree w/the multiple spotters thing if you’re going use a spot with that type weight, just seems prudent

true, but i just think having two points of support is better than the one awkward point that requires the spotter to be hugged up & hovering on the lifter’s hind parts 😮‍💨…as much as intellectually i can understand it doesn’t take much to assist a lifter in getting through that sticking point on a maximal lift seems like more could go wrong with that setup

on a somewhat unrelated note, what’s your rationale for not using the safeties tho? easier to bail out on??

I’d prolly agree with 2 vs. 1 if I hadn’t been a successful and seen successful 1’s and folks fail with 2. A ****ty spotter is a ****ty spotter, having twice as many doesn’t help IME.

My rationale for removing them is that way too many folks use them as a crutch instead of learning how to bail, lift with proper technique, and hit respectable depth.

Set the safeties too low and you’ll be trapped in the bottom and have to crawl out. Set them too high and you end up half squatting like a chump.

Plus the inherent danger of not having them gives me extra motivation to succeed when lifting solo (i.e. 99.9% of the time).

Squat without the safeties and
9d42b062-6fdc-4bdc-88ee-d6332a59e67b_text.gif

Glad you’re out now but damn that’s brazy bro.

Any OTS mass gainer will do. Use milk not water.

I’d recommend not using the secret krabby patty formula. You won’t save much if any money once you buy all the ingredients, you definitely won’t save any time, and it tastes awful.

(A serving of Serious Mass is pushing 5 bucks post covid. A single scoop of whey runs me like 99 cents. Double that for 50ish grams of protons. You’re still like 1000 calories off from the OTS gainer. How much in money PB, oats and banana will you spend to make up the difference?)
jbhmmm.png

If you do the homemade formula anyways, I’d sub the oats for maltodextrin. Oats are the WOAT when it comes to adding to a shake, the consistency will be trash and you’ll literally be drinking oatmeal at that point. 🤮

60 days is wild.

Did you lose 40lbs due to calorie restriction?? Was you carrying a lot of muscle before you went in?

wtf was that spotter thinking.

Never used a spotter for squats. Either dumped it and bailed or used the safeties. Always thought those were safer alternatives than a spotter. Especially since most people can't even spot correctly for bench press. Not trusting them with squats

signed up to compete... Nov 4... 1 more time (unless I qualify for nationals) before I retire for good..

felt like I got robbed last year when I competed so I have to end it on a good note.

What are the plans after retiring? Just training for aesthetics and health? I’m ngl I kinda miss training for strength. Granted I never competed but most of my training was structured around SBD.

The spotter is 100% at fault.

That’s not how you spot a squat, you pick him up under the arms with your palms on his chest.

Idc how it looks having a dude doing that to you that’s how you spot.
Facts, I personally decline anyone that asks me to spot a big squat. Not necessarily because it looks weird but because I’m just not confident enough & not trying to be responsible for the ramifications regardless of if that person had no business attempting that weight

Back
Top Bottom