STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My girl wanted to go for a run (shes not about that jogging life) and I'm not a fan of running unless its sports like ball or soccer but decided what the hell, I'm cutting so ill enjoy the nice day. Did a pretty good job, surprised myself. But my calves and shins BURN.

If anybody wanna start a Nike+ group lemme know. Imma start running more

Been doing these two in the comfort of my own living room. Both about 10 minutes. Even though they aren't that serious, they have made a HUGE difference for me. 

Body fat calibers are so off, anywhere from 1-8% both ways I don't even understand how they can even sell them it's all abt how much water u have in your body when testing I was 14% abt 2 years ago then I did again a night after drinking and I was 21 I was like wtf then I researched it and realized they are crap

Hey bros is the Nutribullet worth the bread or will a cheaper joint be more than fine?

Nutribullter 99

Oster joint 25

Hamilton Beach joint 16 bucks

I got the Oster one and it's fine, quick, easy, and clean up is easy.

In regards to thickening up my shakes and what not, buy some bananas, cut them in half, and freeze them. A scoop or two of Strawberry Banana ON Gold Standard, water, plus the bananas (and you can add in some berries, etc if you want) make it creamy and more like a smoothie.

My girl wanted to go for a run (shes not about that jogging life) and I'm not a fan of running unless its sports like ball or soccer but decided what the hell, I'm cutting so ill enjoy the nice day. Did a pretty good job, surprised myself. But my calves and shins BURN.

props. thats impressive. especially if you "don't run"

In regards to thickening up my shakes and what not, buy some bananas, cut them in half, and freeze them. A scoop or two of Strawberry Banana ON Gold Standard, water, plus the bananas (and you can add in some berries, etc if you want) make it creamy and more like a smoothie.

Oh I know, just that carbs :frown:

That keto life

Last edited:
I found that adding pasteurized egg whites made it smoothie like as well. Plus extra protein and few extra calories.

That's pretty good for someone who doesn't like running. I'd be down to join. My Nike+ user ID is DaBottom305.

Props to DaBottom for the mixes, DLed the most recent NT one as well as all the other Nike mixes.

I'll try to post new ones every few weeks.New music always motivates me to keep going.

Hey bros is the Nutribullet worth the bread or will a cheaper joint be more than fine?

Hamilton Beach joint 16 bucks

Stay away from the Hamilton Beach joint. I copped because of the price despite reading a few terrible reviews. Waste of money. I loaded it up my smoothie ingredients and the blender barely budged. Its not powerful enough to blend a bunch of frozen fruits and I'm pretty sure the serving you get from it won't even be enough for you.

props. thats impressive. especially if you "don't run"

yea man I used to jog 5 miles daily in 40 minutes. now do 1.5m with 10x44yd sprints at the halfway point in just under half an hour. I jog back between sprints. I need to step it up and keep pushing myself. Motivation is a gift when used properly.

Anyone jump rope? I swear my feet are made of stones, I feel like rocky in part 3. Any tips?

Get some light and cushioned shoes like a lunar glide. I tried to jump in some Durants one day and kept hitting the rope and was fatigued way faster. Start off doing 1 min on and 1 off for about 20-30 minutes of actual jumping until you get your stamina.

Right now I do about 30-50 minutes of jumping with about 4-5 min on and 1 min off.

You will lose so much weight by jumping rope. I like it because it burns so many calories in such a short amount of time.

Also make sure you have the right size rope for your height.

I've been working out pretty consistently but just can't seem to get my stomach where I want it to be. I think I needa step up my eating. Been having a lot of good/bad days.

I've been working out pretty consistently but just can't seem to get my stomach where I want it to be. I think I needa step up my eating. Been having a lot of good/bad days.

only way you will get your stomach/abs lookin good is through diet.

KILLED chest and tris today

Got some good runs in tonight also.

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Got my 10lb bag of ON in today, cot damn they shipped it fast, I just ordered it on friday.

Get the GE Rocket Blender, brah. 17 piece set for $20. You can't beat it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-17-Piece-Single-Serve-Rocket-Blender/17780929

This one is great
Stay away from the Hamilton Beach joint. I copped because of the price despite reading a few terrible reviews. Waste of money. I loaded it up my smoothie ingredients and the blender barely budged. Its not powerful enough to blend a bunch of frozen fruits and I'm pretty sure the serving you get from it won't even be enough for you.
I had the same problem and the lid is cheaply made once it gets a crack in it, its a wrap.

Added another 5lbs today to my squat to 205. 20lbs more to 2 plates. :smile:

starting to see more little veins on bottom forearms and not just the big ones. Also noticed slightly big veins running down my legs.

Also you guys should try to Trident Salmon Burgers. I get em every once in awhile from Costco. Rated: GAF

Theyre getting more expensive compared to when I first got em 3-4 years ago. They were 9.99 for a bag back in '09, today they're up to 13.99 last time i went. Still tastes :smokin tho. I eat em about every other day and the bag lasts about 2 weeks if i do that.

Last edited:
^2 plates. 4 plates on any lift is 405. That's been the vernacular all my life. Obviously semantics. Good job.

I've been invited by my instructor to lead a spin class next week. Very nervous. I would love to hear some music recommendations. I am planning a 50 min session with five 8 minute hills of varying resistance interspersed with 2 sets of a 20/30 sprint circuit. Without too much thought, I put this quick playlist together:

The Wayne Shorter song is "Tarde". Formatting on the iPad is a little off for that album.

just a FYI, 4 plates usually means per side so that would be 405#. you're almost up to 2 plates (225) and that's some nice weight if your form is good.

alright gotcha guys, almost to 2 plates!

i think my form is pretty good doing parallel.

Can anybody recommend me a good jump rope for outdoors?? I have purchased so many but the keep snapping on me after just a few days!

Can anybody recommend me a good jump rope for outdoors?? I have purchased so many but the keep snapping on me after just a few days!
If you want something cheap, any speed rope will do, just don't get the ones with flimsy plastic handles.  If you're above 6'2 or so, you may need a rope longer than 9 feet.  You have to gauge what works for you.  Best way to determine what length is fine for you though is to stand on the rope with both feet and hold it to your sides.  It should reach up to about your armpits.  If you find yourself with too much slack, you can tie a knot (not too tight or the rope will eventually snap) in the rope by the handles if you want to give yourself a challenge.

Try Walmart or any sporting goods store, an Everlast speed rope should be nice and cheap and will get the job done.  If you have it in the budget and want something a little more advanced, give this one a shot: https://www.againfaster.com/en/shop/products/again-faster-revolution-ropes/

Last edited:
^2 plates. 4 plates on any lift is 405. That's been the vernacular all my life. Obviously semantics. Good job.

I've been invited by my instructor to lead a spin class next week. Very nervous. I would love to hear some music recommendations. I am planning a 50 min session with five 8 minute hills of varying resistance interspersed with 2 sets of a 20/30 sprint circuit. Without too much thought, I put this quick playlist together:

The Wayne Shorter song is "Tarde". Formatting on the iPad is a little off for that album.
Man aslong as your music is up to date you should be good to go, the instructors at my gym be playin old *** songs like black betty and ****, it is no good 
indifferent.gif

Do you know the demographics of the people that will be in the class? That would help pick the music, but anything current is good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom