STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I want to be ripped as **** NAOW, in time for my birthday in three weeks, but it's not possible. Wish this damn lingering pudge would disappear with the other stuff, but it's stubborn as hell :lol:
What's funny to me is seeing how easy it was for me to hit the gym once I finally committed to it, and how I didn't really struggle to change my eating habits...at the current age of 24. :smh:
Had I known before how dedicated i'd become to this, I would've done this a LOT earlier in life, but alas, at least i'm doing it. And it feels great. I plan on being at LEAST 100lb down on my 1yr date, although as weight drops and time passes I keep upping my own personal goals, and that alone is a mini victory IMO. Currently, I have in my head the image of seeing 180 on the scale, because quite frankly I don't remember ever weighing that much :lol: :frown: I remember being in elementary school fitting my dads size 32 levis for a time, then I remember being in fourth grade wearing my high school cousins solo's he had just tossed in the trash...size 36
Went to the GF's grandmas party last night, saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time, most hadn't recognized me and walked right by me as they were asking my girl where I was, that feel fellas, it's great.
At this point, i'm 33lb from where I want to be, but again, the goal goes from harder to harder regularly.
/walloftext
I'll save my lifting goals for another day :lol:
Cliffs: We all know change isn't going to happen overnight. Get over that first mental hump. We all know it won't be easy. We all know what it's going to take. I see a lot of folks, never talked to em, but I see they cheat themselves during their workouts, DONT BE THAT PERSON! IT'S NOT GOING TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE A THING! Consistency is key, during your routines, and in the kitchen. A lot of folks forget to pay attention to the latter, I don't get it since it's just as important if not MORE than what you do to break a sweat, a lot of times I feel that's the main contributor to what's holding you back from your goals.
Oh yeah, **** DIETS! Diets are always bound to fail! Change those habits. For good.

My birthday is also in 3 weeks, turning 23. I have lost 140lbs already on my diet and exercise routine, it will be a full year since I started by mid september. I'm 40lbs away from my goal weight 199lbs.

By the end of august I plan to get on a protein powder and weight lifting routine as serious or more serious as what I did to lean up.

Even though I don't weight lift I've maintained the muscle I have and increased them due to all the protein I eat on my diet already. I forget I'm losing weight thats how integrated it is in my life.

Last edited:
Has Anybody tried CLA? Does it work?

from what i heard, its pretty worthless.

if you want to know for sure then search google or search the bodybuilding.com forums.

Where did you hear that? (If you don't mind me asking)

Because when I learned about it about 2 years ago... I been asking around and doing my research, and from the looks of it, it did work.

So I went to Vitamin World and purchased a bottle by Tonalin, followed the instructions I've researched on and noticed improvements.

They say it takes about 4 weeks to kick in, taking about 3.5gs of it (which is 4 gels a day)... I lost close to 15lbs in alittle over 2 months.

you didnt lose weight because of CLA, trust me. i looked into it before i got serious about lifting. the consensus was that it doesnt do much.

if you think its working for you then by all means take it.

you didnt lose weight because of CLA, trust me. i looked into it before i got serious about lifting. the consensus was that it doesnt do much.

if you think its working for you then by all means take it.

Bro... that's why I'm asking you, where did you get your info from? (Don't take it hard bro, I'm not calling you out)

You did you're researched, I've done mine (and I can post links if you want)

I'm sitting here letting you know that I did see improvement on the scale, I didn't change up my diet and I didn't change up my routine.

But yet, you say I didn't lose that weight because of CLA. What could it be then?

i didnt take it hard lol

it was on bodybuilding.com but this was quite awhile ago, last summer.

im sure if you search you can find some people who are against it or consider it worthless but at the same time their some that continue to take it with little to no fat/weight loss.

like i said, if it works/ed for your then keep taking it.

i just gave my opinion on it but before he starts taking any drugs he should do a lot of research first and not take just one mans opinion whether its a positive or negative one.

Fair game.

So then to the guy that asked... Try it out for yourself, you can cop a bottle at Vitamin World for like $15.

Worth a try, if not, oh well on to the next one!

I need to drop like 10-20% of the weight from my Military Presses...
Ever since last week, where I added 10 lbs extra by accident, I can't even press 80 lbs over my head...
Plan to go down to 75 or maybe 65 and work my way up again

Using a machine instead of doing Pendlay Rows now as well...my form/technique on the machine is better than with the free weights.

Hope to limit my cheat days as well to 3k calories total and keep working my weight down.

Carb up!

Just ran a 5K on Saturday evening. Ran a 10K back in March and a Rugged Maniac tough mudder 5k in May. Hoping to run a Half Marathon next year sometime and get into cycling.

About to change up the diet as playing bball 4 nights a week and lifting is not cutting it.

9-5 desk jobs are a workout killer.

Just ran a 5K on Saturday evening. Ran a 10K back in March and a Rugged Maniac tough mudder 5k in May. Hoping to run a Half Marathon next year sometime and get into cycling.
About to change up the diet as playing bball 4 nights a week and lifting is not cutting it.
9-5 desk jobs are a workout killer.

good stuff man.

i am in running mode and have adjusted my training regimen into having my weightlifting but also being able to build up to 12 mi runs in 10 weeks.

I am running the super spartan race 9/9 in NJ if anybody is down. hmu on pm to join my team

good stuff man.
i am in running mode and have adjusted my training regimen into having my weightlifting but also being able to build up to 12 mi runs in 10 weeks.
I am running the super spartan race 9/9 in NJ if anybody is down. hmu on pm to join my team

Isn't that the race where only like 10% of the people finish and they don't tell you what you are doing??? Sounds intense.

Fair game.
So then to the guy that asked... Try it out for yourself, you can cop a bottle at Vitamin World for like $15.
Worth a try, if not, oh well on to the next one!

pretty much, it has no negative affect on you so im pretty sure its harmless so trying it out wont hurt you.

Anyone here take the GNC Total Lean Shake? I think it is bothering my stomach. Any recomendations on what to drink since I need to give my body more food.. I only eat 2-3 times day and i think

thats the reason i lost alot of weight.

Anyone here take the GNC Total Lean Shake? I think it is bothering my stomach. Any recomendations on what to drink since I need to give my body more food.. I only eat 2-3 times day and i think

How many calories do you eat a day? How much do you weigh? Height? Age? Favorite color?

are you looking for a meal replacement type drink?

I forgott what that feel was not being able to walk the day after a good leg workout. FEELSGOODMAN
I'm dreading that day tomorrow. Life got in the way yesterday so I had to do my leg workout today and it was hell. 3 sets of 50 on leg press thought I was gonna die, but I made it through. This Kris Gethin or whatever his name workout looks like BS on paper IMO but I just started doin it and it is doable and you gone feel it. 

I'm dreading that day tomorrow. Life got in the way yesterday so I had to do my leg workout today and it was hell. 3 sets of 50 on leg press thought I was gonna die, but I made it through. This Kris Gethin or whatever his name workout looks like BS on paper IMO but I just started doin it and it is doable and you gone feel it. 
Gotdam 50 in each set? i see you, im trying to get to 1k on incline leg press

Back
Top Bottom