STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

thats how i want my legs :lol: but the vascularity on his are disgusting in a good way. :smh:

Not to humble brag or anything..... but for as unlean as I am, I saw a pic of myself my chick friend took of us the other day at the lake and I'm pleasantly surprised with the mass I've put on. Don't think my shoulders have ever been this wide.

I'm confidant that once I start my cut I'll be looking like a bigger Phil Davis with legit chests, like my shoulders and back are that thick already

Not to humble brag or anything..... but for as unlean as I am, I saw a pic of myself my chick friend took of us the other day at the lake and I'm pleasantly surprised with the mass I've put on. Don't think my shoulders have ever been this wide.

I'm confidant that once I start my cut I'll be looking like a bigger Phil Davis with legit chests, like my shoulders and back are that thick already

[/URL]

Feels good man :pimp:

Last edited:
i started at 195 and am now down to about.. 168 lbs, in a span of about 2 1/2 months.. I didn't eat a lot only when I was hungry and only til I was full. i'm at the point where I don't want to lose anymore weight, but I still have a small beer belly that doesn't seem like it's going away.. thing is I can keep up what I've been doing fine (eating less/jogging/basketball daily) but I also want to maintain at about 165ish.. I'm 6 feet even. My question is what can I do to maintain the weight but lose body fat? I'm not sure what my BMI is.

I'm also clueless on losing weight/lifting etc etc, I was always athletic in HS and College, then sort of let go and put on some weight.. I'm back at the weight I was in HS but not as toned as I used to be, it's just this beer belly I'm working with now and it's slowly going away I guess.

I also feel that I didn't do it the conventional way of eating 3-4 meals a day, I only ate when I was really hungry (after workouts) - sometimes only one meal a day but I made sure it was a big one. Not really the best way to lose weight I've read but I didn't do any research before starting and was just determined to get back to my old shape the best way I thought was possible... while doing so, I felt fine and even better as each day progressed. I know all the weight will come back tenfold if I stop working out but I've adapted to this new lifestyle and want to stay fit for the long run.

Meal times are bull **** IMHO, I don't eat by any schedule, just within my 4-8 hour window depending on how I feel on any given day.

Here's what a quick usage of a caloric calculator gave me for you, although I don't know your age but input your height and weight, guessing you workout 5x a day

Maintenance 2635
CALORIES/DAY

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

thanks for the link, I'm 25 btw.. I did it myself and got 2613.

I just have this mindset now that I don't need to eat every little thing that looks appealing at the moment :lol:
so I just mostly pass on things the whole day til I'm relaxed and have one big meal a day, and stay well below even my maintenance.

I'm thinking about using supplements. I need a recommendation on a protein powder that tastes good enough to drink with just water.

Any suggestions?

ON Double Rich Chocolate or Extreme Milk Chocolate. GNC has the 5 lb tubs for 53.99 all the time without the gold card BS.

[QUOTE url="/t/500128/stay-get-back-in-shape-vol-3-0-a-new-niketalk-a-new-thread/480#post_16079312"]
You don't really need creatine but it helps a little bit with your strength if that's important to you, if not, I wouldn't even take it. A lot of preworkouts do have creatine but in small amounts that have no noticeable effects. I use optimum nutrition creatine monohydrate, its about 35 bucks for 4.4lbs(it should last a normal person 1 year or even more). If your budget is tight, I would just skip it.

yea i don't really care about strength i just want to gain mass and tone everything up.

i am putting together a daily meal plan of everything i will consume a day/week. i'll post it soon as i'm done for somebody to critique. i am going to eat at least 6 times at least a day or ever 2 hours its hard for me because i work full-time and i am a snack person, chips here cheezits there, ice cream before bed. not to mention the fast food that i eat so often. i do plan on having a cheat day where i can eat anything i want
[/quote]

Careful with the cheat days. You can unravel all the work you put in during the week in just that 1 day alone.

Cardio isn't the only way to lose weight however it doesn't mean it's pointless. Calorie deficit + weight lifting will drop fat weight and add muscle weight. As for a program, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

It's almost impossible to add muscle weight while in a calorie deficit (maybe if you're running a cycle). It's been said before, but the muscles appear "larger" since body fat is burned due to dieting and eating less calories.

Correct, I was wrong in that sense.

---

Good workout today, jumped my squats to 4x5 at 250lbs
That warm shower after a workout though :pimp:

Last edited:
Any of you guys drink Green Tea?

Just copped a 12 pack of ito en oi ocha japanese green tea from Amazon.

Just signed up me and the wife for a local gym. Any tips for losing my man breasts? I would like to slim down a few pounds.

you cant spot reduce fat just a heads up
dont be one of those dudes focusing on the same body part all the time thinking they can :lol:

cals in vs cals out
eat healthier and focus on cardio they'll be gone in no time

Preciate the advice

Yo,

do you guys have bodyspace accounts on bodybuilding.com?

I'll make a NT group if anyone is interested in joining, making your goal, and keeping to it.

^ that's weird dude. I did some research to try to find some help for you and it looks very common.

No real concrete answer as to why, but it says switch to black or white teas.

I wear Nike Frees.
They aren't going to give you muscles or endurance. Just wear some shoes.

wearing the appropriate shoe does matter though.

i'll look into huraches.

i usually go barefoot but hate doing it at the gym where i go. bunch of miscreants and stinkies. my socks soaking up that grime is not the buisness.

it seems free's are what i'm going to get, since i can wear them to work too, though i'm open to suggestions for other brands.

I wear Nike Frees.
They aren't going to give you muscles or endurance. Just wear some shoes.

wearing the appropriate shoe does matter though.

i'll look into huraches.

i usually go barefoot but hate doing it at the gym where i go. bunch of miscreants and stinkies. my socks soaking up that grime is not the buisness.

it seems free's are what i'm going to get, since i can wear them to work too, though i'm open to suggestions for other brands.

I think someone stated earlier in this thread that flat bottom shoes such as Chuck Taylors are best for weight lifting. Supposedly, you gain more from squats and deadlifts whereas running shoes with cushioning hinder your gains from those 2 lifts.

Not sure how true it is since I still wear my NBs.

I think someone stated earlier in this thread that flat bottom shoes such as Chuck Taylors are best for weight lifting. Supposedly, you gain more from squats and deadlifts whereas running shoes with cushioning hinder your gains from those 2 lifts.
Not sure how true it is since I still wear my NBs.
i personally only use airforce 1s when deadlifting squatting or doing any sort of olympic lifts. i like the extra stability i get from the massively thick sole

Back
Top Bottom