STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Bro... it starts in the liver. The liver converts excess glucose (sugar) into fatty acids then it's returned into your blood stream and stored into fat storing regions such as your chest, abs, obliques, and butt. The paleo diet is the way to go. Completely cut out simple sugars and carbs... that's the bro science.
Na.....  Just like anything else, excessive carbs can lead to increased in body fat. Carbs are your body's mane source of energy, if you don't train like you said then yea that paleo crap will work, but how long is it sustainable?? If you eat the right amount of carbs then little is converted into fat, they are broken down into glucose, metabolized and used to support basic cellular functions/processes and then the excess is stored as glycogen in the liver and muscles which is vital for training.

Carbs just like the other macros are converted into fats if your eating more than you are burning. And of course excess simple sugars will be turned in to fat more quickly due to their absorption rate but it all goes back to eating a non-excessive amount.  Carbs are not the devil.

Na.....  Just like anything else, excessive carbs can lead to increased in body fat. Carbs are your body's mane source of energy, if you don't train like you said then yea that paleo crap will work, but how long is it sustainable?? If you eat the right amount of carbs then little is converted into fat, they are broken down into glucose, metabolized and used to support basic cellular functions/processes and then the excess is stored as glycogen in the liver and muscles which is vital for training.

Carbs just like the other macros are converted into fats if your eating more than you are burning. And of course excess simple sugars will be turned in to fat more quickly due to their absorption rate but it all goes back to eating a non-excessive amount.  Carbs are not the devil.

Bro, I train hard. I eat around 3000 calories a day. I'm about 60/30/10 on macros. I eat brown rice and sweet potatoes. Only eat them before and after training. Also, veggies are carbs as well. I just don't eat any grains or cow dairy... but what do I know? I just know what works for me. I enjoy eating clean. You are what you eat.

Paleo's not complete crap so excuse that comment, but thinking it is the answer to all metabolic and nutritional needs is crap.

Paleo's not complete crap so excuse that comment, but thinking it is the answer to all metabolic and nutritional needs is crap.

Thanks for the clarification. It's all good dude, I'm just saying it works for me. I'm not even 100% paleo. I just follow the principles and have seen great results. 8 months and counting.

Ive been big my whole life bros. To me, its worth it. I dont have to maintain a hard visible 6 pack, but atleast actually genuinely work for one and show it would be amazing.

If youve had a 6 pack your whole life, of course you would be like "meh, not that great".
This!!!! All I want is a 6 pack. And I'd be happy. I was on target last year. I would wake up and be like dammmmm. Lookin pretty good. Then eat and it would go away. But then I gave into my sweet tooth and started eating ******. Very hard to maintain that type of body type for me. Plus I didn't have the discipline. I will try again after my vacation in 3 weeks. Going to phillipines.

Bro, I train hard. I eat around 3000 calories a day. I'm about 60/30/10 on macros. I eat brown rice and sweet potatoes. Only eat them before and after training. Also, veggies are carbs as well. I just don't eat any grains or cow dairy... but what do I know? I just know what works for me. I enjoy eating clean. You are what you eat.
I eat majority of my carbs around training as well. Its always great to find what works for you because most ppl have no clue.  Just find it peculiar when folks completely avoid foods they like or because of the idea its bad for them when its really not.

I always laugh when I hear things like LeBron James saying he lost weight because he cut out carbs and sugars and only ate fruit and veggies.... lol

I eat majority of my carbs around training as well. Its always great to find what works for you because most ppl have no clue.  Just find it peculiar when folks completely avoid foods they like or because of the idea its bad for them when its really not.

I always laugh when I hear things like LeBron James saying he lost weight because he cut out carbs and sugars and only ate fruit and veggies.... lol

Yea, it's not that simple. Of course I love wings, beer, donuts, cheese fries, and all other types of junk food but I limit them to one meal per week. I'm a believer in carb loading. What I find unacceptable is when people eat like ****, and complain about not losing weight. I don't think anyone can just transition into a 100% lifestyle changes, it's a slow process. I started by cutting out one thing at a time and wound up here.

That "**** (group) says" thing is really played out. And I'm pretty sure the crossfit one has been done 1000x before and 1000x better.

here's the thing tho, what your explaining is like the basis of all diets. low carbs.

as Superju said you don't exactly have to be Paleo to do it.

I've heard people say how much better they feel with Paleo and im not knocking it. but if ANY ONE dropped down to those type of macros from what they were doing before they're bound to drop BF.

If I wanted to stay some what lean year round I would keep my macros that way too.

But im looking to get bigger so I up them carbs...

Going low carb works. Lost 5 pounds in two weeks and people were commenting on how much leaner I looked.

But the diet is hard to keep up.

Not really on a low carb diet right now. And I gained the weight right back :lol:

going for the 135 challenege at the gym in a few here. I will do it after my work out since Bwood and bigboss did it that way.

EDIT::::

Geezus. how in the hell you get 60.

I got 35.
after doing machine chest sitting press
incline bench.
cable cross over flys
and decline barbell

Even if I did it fresh I doubt i would've gotten more than 40. that burn is un real

Last edited:
For the quest bar groupon deal that was posted a couple days earlier, use WELL15 to take an additional 15% off

Going low carb works. Lost 5 pounds in two weeks and people were commenting on how much leaner I looked.

Not really on a low carb diet right now. And I gained the weight right back
laugh.gif
Impossible, you're already lean at 135lbs. 

I think to get me closer to my 6 pack goal I need to check my macros. I do a good job at calories in vs out already, may just need to tweak the macros.

How much fat should I aim for and carbs? Myfitnesspal has me goaled at 92g of fat and 300g of carbs. Im limiting sugar to 40g a day, mfp had me goaled at 90.

MFP has me goaled at 2470 calories.

Last edited:

Not really on a low carb diet right now. And I gained the weight right back :lol:

Impossible, you're already lean at 135lbs. 

I'm 155. I been fluctuating between 150-160 the last two years. But for most of my twenties I was 135, yes :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom