STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit 305x6 on deads today pretty easily, but still tore my shins up. The road to 405x6 by new year continues.

Weight is staying steady at 155 even while eating a ton, but it seems like I lost some body fat.

The newbie is probably the easiest stage cuz you're improving so fast.

The hardest stage is when the body plateaus and you need to switch things up/train harder to keep improving. Imo

Last edited:

Why is it so hard sticking to the gym in the beginning stages ?
Because you're weak when you first start so that can be discouraging.  You don't see results right away which also discourages people.  The first month or 2 is the hardest but after that it becomes harder to quit.

its not hard to keep going to the gym. You just don't want it enough. You just kinda want it. You rather be at the house watching tv snacking on chips then be at the gym pumping iron or hitting cardio. Your better off just counting calories.

its not hard to keep going to the gym. You just don't want it enough. You just kinda want it. You rather be at the house watching tv snacking on chips then be at the gym pumping iron or hitting cardio. Your better off just counting calories.
You right. i been extra lazy lately

I've prepped meals for the week with good snacks throughout the day and I'm trying to hit the gym everyday this week. The thing that gets me is after work I'm just tired and wanna go home then i mess up and eat late too

Eat more carbs

I don't really care about gaining weight to be honest, just getting stronger. If weight comes, so be it.

For what it's worth I'm eating ~300g of carbs on workouts days. Off days I scale back and up my fats.

what are you guys doing for rear delts?

i swear my shoulders front or rear cant grow. everything else does

SMH

i used to do upright rows all the time, could feel the burn but nothing. stopped doing them for a min but if you say so might as well do em again and go heavier and see if it helps

i used to do upright rows all the time, could feel the burn but nothing. stopped doing them for a min but if you say so might as well do em again and go heavier and see if it helps

How many reps/sets were you doing?

When I started doing them one handed and with one of those free-motion smith machines is when I really started to get results :pimp:

If I'm going for around 30 pounds of weight loss, is it easier to ease into it or go full on strict as hell? Plan to start next week so i can plan everything out over this next week.

what are you guys doing for rear delts?

i swear my shoulders front or rear cant grow. everything else does

SMH

Another one I really like is the reverse pec dec machine 3x20 reps with a static hold at the end of each set for at least 10 seconds.

NT Brothers, when it comes to anything shoulder wise.... dont do anything stupid. Theres so many stabilizing muscles in that area and if all youre focused on is the weight youre moving youre going to get injured sooner rather than later.

Some arm positions werent designed to work against heavy resistance.

NT Brothers, when it comes to anything shoulder wise.... dont do anything stupid. Theres so many stabilizing muscles in that area and if all youre focused on is the weight youre moving youre going to get injured sooner rather than later.

I agree!

I've tried those "destroyer" sets up there and injured myself before. I mean I know everyone is different, but those are dangerous IMO.

Like? I would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom