STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

NT Brothers, when it comes to anything shoulder wise.... dont do anything stupid. Theres so many stabilizing muscles in that area and if all youre focused on is the weight youre moving youre going to get injured sooner rather than later.

Some arm positions werent designed to work against heavy resistance.

This, all of this. So many cringe worthy things I see at the gym.

NT Brothers, when it comes to anything shoulder wise.... dont do anything stupid. Theres so many stabilizing muscles in that area and if all youre focused on is the weight youre moving youre going to get injured sooner rather than later.

Some arm positions werent designed to work against heavy resistance.

Like? I would like to know.

The first part of the first video is probably a bad idea for almost everyone. Anytime youve got your hand internally rotated and flexed... and youre using heavy resistance you better hope your mid trap, lower trap, and rotator cuff muscles are top notch.

For shoulders one simple move I could recommend is this:

Grip some light weights, maybe 15lbers. What you're going to do is try to lift the weight up to each side with your fingers while keeping your elbows dug into your ribs. So it kind of looks like a lateral felt raise except rather than lifting your whole arm it's just the forearms (bending at te elbow rather than at te shoulder). Just something I do.

As long as you realize that the muscles being recruited are above the joint being flexed, training becomes a little simpler. So in this case it makes sense to bend at the elbow to get to the shoulder rather than bend at the shoulder to get to the shoulder...with what I assume is heavy weight.

I don't know.

Last edited:
Any of my fellow stay in shapers intersted in Romaleo 2 sz 11? Looking to get rid of mine for the low. Want to give someone here first dibs.

Saw an old dude yesterday on the lat pulldown just holding it then falling all the way down, back extending towards the floor. What the ****.

Gym has been a zoo for the past week. Its OD frustrating. Not just the copious amounts of people. But new people = no gym etiquette. No one re-racking weights. Dudes just leaving dumbbells on the floor and walking away. :smh: 6 weeks is the usual time frame for giving up

Gym has been a zoo for the past week. Its OD frustrating. Not just the copious amounts of people. But new people = no gym etiquette. No one re-racking weights. Dudes just leaving dumbbells on the floor and walking away.
mean.gif
6 weeks is the usual time frame for giving up
I coach basketball, workout at the HS gym every morning... whole place to myself 
pimp.gif

I always think about how different my work out would be if i had a gym to myself.

Would probably yell more ronnie coleman style. Would never wear a shirt to the gym. Would rap/sing songs out loud (some times i catch myself mouthing the lyrics with my headphones in). I would def fail on lifts a lot more due to not having to worry about dropping weights. (my gym has a policy that if you drop weights you will be asked to leave, no its not planet fitness)

I always think about how different my work out would be if i had a gym to myself.

Would probably yell more ronnie coleman style. Would never wear a shirt to the gym. Would rap/sing songs out loud (some times i catch myself mouthing the lyrics with my headphones in). I would def fail on lifts a lot more due to not having to worry about dropping weights. (my gym has a policy that if you drop weights you will be asked to leave, no its not planet fitness)

can we has a shirtless pic

:nerd:

This :lol:

I pretty much had a gym to myself over the summer. This apartment complex my boy lived at had a gym that no one really used. I stayed working out with no shirt :pimp: There sometimes would be like 1-3 other people there but usually it was empty.

I feel like I go harder when I'm shirtless :lol:

15 pound PR on my bench. Been benching a lot more lately but haven't tried a max in maybe 6 months. Can't believe that two yrs ago my squat and deadlift numbers were smaller than my bench is now. Lol

I've been out of the gym for the last 5 months. Life was getting hectic and poor planning on my behalf. Any new efficienct workout programs/splits?
Im looking to put on 15lbs, any tips or meal plans?

Yep.

Not even about just exercising and looking in shape. It's about setting goals and being stronger than you were the last day.

I saw a guy in the gym with a Bane mask on. I couldn't even concentrate on my workout and keep from laughing at that foolishness.

I hate that it takes so long to get into a good workout schedule, .. and when you miss one week it feels like you never been there :smh:

Back
Top Bottom