STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

whats good yall?
225 for reps tomorrow?
I knew I left someone out! I started typing in casualfredo and nothing popped up 
roll.gif

"Cross fit"...

What we have been doing in football training for decades lol
Repped. Realist **** said right there. a guy named coach dos remidos was at the forefront with these power training exercises back in 01 while balling in juco.

Weighed my self today 228lbs, up from 180lbs when I arrived back after 2 years in France July 2013. Those feels.
mean.gif

This has to become my new favorite thread. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week. I need help.

Welcome.

What is your favorite protein and thoughts on crossfit?

:lol:

But on the real, doesnt matter what program you do, diet and consistency is key. I lost 50lbs over 5-6 months and I owe 80% of it to diet. Use Myfitnesspal to track what you eat. Just keep at it.

For the first time in my life, I think a 300 pound dead is truly possible. I'm probably a yr away though, at this rate.

"Cross fit"...

What we have been doing in football training for decades lol

It's a little more complicated than that. Personal background prior to CF was Football S&C. Got a lot of programming from former USC S&C (Now the Seahawks S&C), from Chris Carlisle. I was just too big, bf% was high and cardio was something I loathed. Stumbled on to CF Football, the rest is history.

Football training doesn't have gymnastic elements, even CF Football rarely programs it.

Weighed my self today 228lbs, up from 180lbs when I arrived back after 2 years in France July 2013. Those feels.:smh:

This has to become my new favorite thread. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week. I need help.

Tons of good resources out there, however, lots of bad resources as well. Tough to sift through it all.

Figure out what your goal is and attack it. There's bodybuilding, powerlifting, running, cycling, CrossFit, etc. Tons of programs out there.

:lol:

But on the real, doesnt matter what program you do, diet and consistency is key. I lost 50lbs over 5-6 months and I owe 80% of it to diet. Use Myfitnesspal to track what you eat. Just keep at it.

Diet and consistency is key, programs do matter though. Some can stay on track without one, others derail or stop working out because they feel "lost".

Wendlers 5x3x1 and Starting Strength are very beginner friendly. If you are brand new and don't know what you are doing in the weight room.

Seek out a gym that will guide you.

One of my favorite resources is jtstrength.com, very informative. The barbellshrugged podcast also has tons of information. Both cover the majority of modalities out there, breakdowns, pros and cons.

Not the best but I guess it's a start, there's better programs out there.

Starting strength or Wendlers 5/3/1 is what I would recommend to beginners. Proven and efficient.

I don't care what program you run, if you put in the work youll succeed.

I agree.

It really doesnt matter what program you do, if you do something you WILL see results. Now if you wanna talk about which program is more efficient...thats a debate.

Back
Top Bottom