STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

you mean like, legit one body part, like biceps? or quads?

I typically do a push, pull, legs, arms type system. Chest and shoulders, back, legs, arms get their own day since you already work them in the compound movements earlier in the week, but you don't absolutely hit them directly, if your form is correct. Then I may just have a day where I go in and hit the smaller, often ignored parts, forearms, calves, abs.
Yea Ive been doing PHAT for about 10 weeks now.

but one body part. a whole day for back........quads............chest...........bi's tris..........shoulders.........hamstrings

I'm going to do the 4 weeks to shred in september, just looked at the nutrition he suggest, I would be only at 1800-1900 week 1 cal wise then by week 4 nearly 1600-1700

plus that dtp work he promotes. lol yea I see why people are seeing super results from it

super low calories. no bueno.

I can under stand the concept of the workout split...it just seems impractical because of the time. If you have the time and energy, I can totally see how focusing all of your efforts on one body part during a single workout can promote hypertrophy

Yea Ive been doing PHAT for about 10 weeks now.

but one body part. a whole day for back........quads............chest...........bi's tris..........shoulders.........hamstrings

I'm going to do the 4 weeks to shred in september, just looked at the nutrition he suggest, I would be only at 1800-1900 week 1 cal wise then by week 4 nearly 1600-1700

plus that dtp work he promotes. lol yea I see why people are seeing super results from it

I can under stand the concept of the workout split...it just seems impractical because of the time. If you have the time and energy, I can totally see how focusing all of your efforts on one body part during a single workout can promote hypertrophy
Peep this:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/8-most-effective-training-splits

Compares all of the most popular splits

Aware me; why is boxing not a sport?
Boxing is a tough one, the judging of it is more objective when it comes to punches landed etc. Mayweathers last fight was an example of why some might say its not a sport though.

We can take it off there, the others still remain.

Last edited:
I see your point
(though most flags and fouls are subjective too **still mad about 49ers superbowl 2013)

Idk though man it's hard to not say stuff like gymnastics, any type of interpretive dance , anything on the "grading" system isn't a sport.

When I would say those are more so sports than Golfing or Race Car driving.
Dancing? lol come on now. Lets just call them events or competitions instead.

If your athletically competing in something, it's a sport.
So cheerleading is a sport?

Negative ghost rider.

This topic has been argued multiple times in this thread, but anything that doesn't have a clear winner isn't a sport. If you get "graded' then it isn't a sport.

Not sure why cheerleading isn't considered a sport...you may have grading, but I believe that there ARE competitions where there is a clear winner.

again...

sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

It may not be up to YOUR standards, but it's still a sport (by definition)

Boxing, BBing, etc. all fall under this umbrella.

Last edited:
Physical competition is the umbrella

1. Competitions that involve in direct competition in which you and your opponent are sharing the same space, competing at the same time. (major sports, fighting)

2. Competitions that involve you and your opponents taking turns (gymnastics, cheer, dance)

They are all sports

Didn't we have this same argument like 100 pages ago.

Why does something being a sport matter? What does the word sport really mean. Call anything you want a sport i don't care. Competitive eating is a sport sure, folding laundry can be a sport sure i don't care. Do it or don't do it. Whether or not it is a "sport" doesn't matter it still exists.

3 hours of sleep gonna try to get shoulders and arms in after work. Knowing it will be a terrible work out. But picked up new 3.0 trainers. excited to put work in

So cheerleading is a sport?

Negative ghost rider.

This topic has been argued multiple times in this thread, but anything that doesn't have a clear winner isn't a sport. If you get "graded' then it isn't a sport.
Define clear winner? THe usage of a judge? So based on that logic Boxing and MMA are only sports depending on the decision of the judges.

bbing is not a sport.

how is golf and tennis not a sport though? there's no interpretation. No objectivity. Just points earned.

Ive done the single body part split before. Its effective for me. (Atleast has been in the past)
When i do multiple body parts. I hit the first one so hard. Its hard to really put the same ferocity into the 2nd one. (I dont think its laziness ) ill check out that link in a moment suave

It doesn't matter if your game or activity is considered a sport or not
laugh.gif

Next
laugh.gif
Right before I fall into this trap again with people who never post anything helpful in here
laugh.gif

Ive never met any grown *** man who says cheerleading is a sport though. Don't give a **** about what the dictionary says.

How long do you guys typically wait between PR attempts? It's been a week since I went for a squat PR but I feel like I definitely could've gone for more.

Though I was cleaning/adjusting my bike chain last night and I was squatting for pretty much the whole time so my legs aren't quite 100%. Not gonna lie though, I just wanna push some heavy weight today lol

Last edited:
How long do you guys typically wait between PR attempts? It's been a week since I went for a squat PR but I feel like I definitely could've gone for more.

Though I was cleaning/adjusting my bike chain last night and I was squatting for pretty much the whole time so my legs aren't quite 100%. Not gonna lie though, I just wanna push some heavy weight today lol
Build strength don't test it.

I wait no less than 5 minutes if I'm doing something above 90%.

I think any activity that requires time in the gym & physical fitness to perform at a maximal level is a sport. That would include boxing, cheerleading, crossfit, etc.

I go for PRs every week on bench & squat. I'll have strength training days, then on my hypertrophy days I'll max on bench or squat during the morning, then do my workout in the evening. I don't believe in the whole "frying your CNS" thing

It doesn't matter if your game or activity is considered a sport or not :lol:

Next :lol:

Right before I fall into this trap again with people who never post anything helpful in here :lol:

Ive never met any grown *** man who says cheerleading is a sport though. Don't give a **** about what the dictionary says.

So....just pretty much admitting you're wrong :lol:

My splits right now are:

Back/Biceps (including DL's)
Chest/Triceps
Shoulders/Legs

I do shoulders and legs cause I havent gone crazy with legs since ive been a runner the past few months but now I stopped running and taking legs more serious.

Opting to combine chest and shoulder day and having my own leg day. Just concerned about a heavy chest and shoulder day. Im thinking of combining them now since my chest and shoulder days usually include heavy dumbbell presses but my thumbs been messed up the past few weeks so to let it heal im gonna stop the dumbbell presses.

Is chest/shoulders generally a good idea? Ive done it before but its exhausting.

My splits right now are:

Chest/Triceps
Shoulders/Legs

I do shoulders and legs cause I havent gone crazy with legs since ive been a runner the past few months but now I stopped running and taking legs more serious.

Opting to combine chest and shoulder day and having my own leg day. Just concerned about a heavy chest and shoulder day. Im thinking of combining them now since my chest and shoulder days usually include heavy dumbbell presses but my thumbs been messed up the past few weeks so to let it heal im gonna stop the dumbbell presses.

Is chest/shoulders generally a good idea? Ive done it before but its exhausting.
I have 2 push days... One day I'll do heavy OHP first the other heavy bench... 1st day I'll throw in Incline after and the 2nd day some Klokov Presses/DB Shoulder Press along with some accessory work.

Build strength don't test it.

I wait no less than 5 minutes if I'm doing something above 90%.

I meant in terms of rest days lol

But yeah in between sets I definitely take my time with rest when I'm closer to my max. I always offer to let people work in when I'm going heavy but they always say changing plates is a hassle. I tell them I'm taking pretty long rests and I don't mind changing up the weights if they don't but no one ever takes up the offer. Some people then proceed to stand there awkwardly and stare while I'm resting. A little annoying at times but no guilt on my conscience, I offered to let them work in.

Last edited:
My splits right now are:

Chest/Triceps
Shoulders/Legs

You just gotta be smart with it. And how to plan a effective workout split to get the goals you are trying to get. I do chest and shoulders the same day. Hit everybody part twice a week. Upper power and a push day(for hypertrophy) Thats what I do but everyone works out differently. 

I meant in terms of rest days lol

But yeah in between sets I definitely take my time with rest when I'm closer to my max. I always offer to let people work in when I'm going heavy but they always say changing plates is a hassle. I tell them I'm taking pretty long rests and I don't mind changing up the weights if they don't but no one ever takes up the offer. Some people then proceed to stand there awkwardly and stare while I'm resting. A little annoying at times but no guilt on my conscience, I offered to let them work in.
Yeah luckily I only have like 1 guy that I run into that wants to use the rack the same time as me, we just both take the plates on and off and its usually just 1 so it doesn't take long at all.

Not sure if I could handle them just staring at me without saying something.

My gym might not be the best or have the equipment I want but id gladly take it over somewhere that was full of people like that.

Yeah luckily I only have like 1 guy that I run into that wants to use the rack the same time as me, we just both take the plates on and off and its usually just 1 so it doesn't take long at all.

Not sure if I could handle them just staring at me without saying something.

My gym might not be the best or have the equipment I want but id gladly take it over somewhere that was full of people like that.

Haha, doesn't happen too often, but it definitely does. It's my university rec center though so I suppose those types of people are par for the course.

I def sit there and stare at people when I need a machine and they're on their phones, chillen, knowin damn well the gym is full of people putting in work. but i dont typically sit around and stare at anyone to finish. I'm not trying to lose my pump. ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom