STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Haven't worn my Metcons in a few weeks. I've been going super heavy (for me) with the squats and the Chucks just feel better than the Metcons.
You know I'd have to somewhat agree that heavy squats are better in chucks. That there ankle support... metcons still my go to on the other days tho

Nike just announced they're redesigning the Chuck's.

I wonder if this will end their run as workout shoes 
mean.gif

Nike just announced they're redesigning the Chuck's.

I wonder if this will end their run as workout shoes 
mean.gif
From my understanding the Chuck IIs just get a Lunarlon insole and some design changes. Also, I think they're keeping the OGs. I could be completely wrong though.

Diff materials around the ankle area and the Lunarlon insole. Lunarlon does tend to adapt to your foot so maybe it wont be as solid as the OG, for weightlifting anyways.

I weigh 120 pounds. I want to get to 140. I eat crazy amounts and it's still not enough. What do you guys think my protein shake game should be like?

I lift too. I'm not just trying to get fat
laugh.gif
You gotta eat more if you're not putting on weight. Trust me man cause I have a super fast metabolism. So in my younger days before I start tracking what I ate and how much I thought I ate a lot a lot and I still didn't put on weight. I had to actually eat twice the amount just to start putting on weight. Its a gift and a curse my friend haha

Eating is a chore. Straight up. I enjoy food. I enjoy eating a lot of food. But bulking is not as glamorous as you may think sometimes. Especially clean food bulks

Eating is a chore. Straight up. I enjoy food. I enjoy eating a lot of food. But bulking is not as glamorous as you may think sometimes. Especially clean food bulks
Trust me bro I know! I like to eat I mean EAT! haha But I hate trying to bulk because like I said my metabolic rate and metabolism is just to fast. Like I said its a gift and a curse. Because when I lean bulk I gotta eat over 700 g of carbs to put on weight and this a lean bulk haha. But its also good when I cut tho because I still need up high carbs around 400. It just sucks bulking I gotta eat useless junk just to hit my macros man :frown: lol

I weigh 120 pounds. I want to get to 140. I eat crazy amounts and it's still not enough. What do you guys think my protein shake game should be like?

I lift too. I'm not just trying to get fat :lol:

You gotta eat more if you're not putting on weight. Trust me man cause I have a super fast metabolism. So in my younger days before I start tracking what I ate and how much I thought I ate a lot a lot and I still didn't put on weight. I had to actually eat twice the amount just to start putting on weight. Its a gift and a curse my friend haha

:lol: Jesus. Yesterday smashed like two burritos two pulled pork sandwiches etc, that's only half of it. Active lifestyle :pimp:

Eating is a damn chore. I own a food truck and get food handed to me daily. Like lots and lots of food. :lol: other trucks hook it up and I smash it all and am still not putting on more. To be fair I started working out three weeks ago...

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Jesus. Yesterday smashed like two burritos two pulled pork sandwiches etc, that's only half of it. Active lifestyle
pimp.gif
Trust me man! See eating all that and still not putting on any weight 
roll.gif
I'm telling you and its harder if you got an active lifestyle and a fast metabolism forget about it! 
mean.gif
 lol

Ive never bulked over 400 grams of carbs and i gain weight..youre lucky man. I can get up to 220 with only 300-350 grams of carbs

Dude it sucks. I look like a clown if I don't work out. But I already have a night and day difference in three weeks.

I keep the truck at a martial arts gym so it's a no brainier to work out now. First time I've lifted since high school. :lol:

Ive never bulked over 400 grams of carbs and i gain weight..youre lucky man. I can get up to 220 with only 300-350 grams of carbs
I don't know about lucky bro its a lot of food haha. Thats decent tho lol what about when you cut? Thats the weak part lol

Per the advice of the thread, copped a foam roller. For only $15, this thing is awesome. Been sleep, definitely helps for the post leg day recovery.

It's the worst the next day at work when you can barely walk. Hoping this helps that

I don't know about lucky bro its a lot of food haha. Thats decent tho lol what about when you cut? Thats the weak part lol
Currently cutting on 200. And 50 minute total cardio. (30 morning 20 post workout) but i know when i get under 200. Cardio either goes up or carbs go down.

Which leads me to ask for the people who have cut. Let's say you allow your self 180 grams of carbs
Are you giving yourself 6 meals with 30 each
5 meals with 36
4 meals with 45
3 meals with 60.

Id personally pick 4 meals of 45. Mainly because my day is early (right now. So im out the gym by 4 pm. Then work

Random post here but anybody here in South Florida? I got a bunch of two week passes for David Barton gym that I need to pass out. Anyone want one? No charge or anything

Last edited:
Per the advice of the thread, copped a foam roller. For only $15, this thing is awesome. Been sleep, definitely helps for the post leg day recovery.

It's the worst the next day at work when you can barely walk. Hoping this helps that
Nice! Im glad you bought one! It will make a world of differences bro!

Currently cutting on 200. And 50 minute total cardio. (30 morning 20 post workout) but i know when i get under 200. Cardio either goes up or carbs go down.

Which leads me to ask for the people who have cut. Let's say you allow your self 180 grams of carbs
5 meals with 36
4 meals with 45
3 meals with 60.

Id personally pick 4 meals of 45. Mainly because my day is early (right now. So im out the gym by 4 pm. Then work
Damn that's crazy bro 200 I would kill myself if I ate 200 carbs I would probably die haha. I say it depends your on energy levels. But most important how you feel. You do better with smaller meals throughout the day instead of let's say 3 big meals so you feel satisfied and not always hungry? Or those smaller meals helps and you don't have a big stomach to wear it feels like you didn't eat anything and always feel hungry?

General question for everyone here. I actually orefer the snaller meals since i try to eat every 2-3hours

General question for everyone here. I actually orefer the snaller meals since i try to eat every 2-3hours

Timed meals arent needed... unless its needed for your own sanity lol i eat whenever im hungry regardless of time.

For the people 'bulking' are u actually counting what you eat? Sounds like youre just eatting what you think is alot. I recommend you start counting exactly whats going in. It'll make a big difference when you're trying to make adjustments

Im always surprised by the number of people who arent aware of foam rolling/SMR.

To those that are new to it, the biggest factor in its usefulness is frequency.

5 meals with 36
4 meals with 45
3 meals with 60.

How much weight to you have to lose? I'm losing weight right now on 280 carbs and 226 protein and 50 g of fat. watch for the mood swings if/when you dip low with the carbs. I don't plan to go to much further down. Maybe around 260ish. No cardio. I'm allowing my macros and intensity in the workout to keep the deficit.

Last edited:
Lol i know timed meals arent necessary. It is for sanity though. I like to eat.

I wanna get to 185 by my birthday so 2 1/2 months to lose another 15 lbs.

Ive cut plenty of times i know the routine just seeing what others like to do or ha dle their cuts

Back
Top Bottom