STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nada. Its the biggest part I neglect :lol:

I warm up a lot with whatever lift I'm doing that day though but I don't stretch or foam roll anymore.

I'm the same way, I only foam roll but I'm also realizing that it could be holding back my lifts by not doing stuff for my hips/shoulders.

Yea my shoulders have been killing me too. Even rolling it out only helps out minimal. The other day my right shoulder  killed just to put my air pack on. No bueno

Hoping for a speedy recovery @Tdogg2k  

I've never dedicated a day to shoulders. Might do some landmine presses or lateral/front raises mixed in somewhere. I'm only conscientious of making sure to do scap stabilization and rotator cuff strengthening consistently. The glenohumeral joint is something you need to be careful with.

Last edited:
Yeah Cressey is awesome. I've learned so much from that dude. I'd recommend everyone reads his articles "shoulder savers" and "neanderthal no more/"

Arm is getting better. I was man handling 500 pound barrels at work today like a boss. Had my co worker who is 60 like wtf man why can't I do that? :lol:

I appreciate the words fellas, i def brushed it off as if i rolled my ankle, waking up today it's def not that simple. thinking back to it it was def scary when i felt my legs go numb i think caffeine and adrenaline was still pumpin gbecause i was trying to shake itoff... i couldnt evne bend to unload the weight. I guess what happened was i stopped going straight up with the weightand my back curved way too much. i legit thought my inzer belt popped.

Reward with Deadlift is excellent but the risk def has me not wanting to ever go above 350. I was doing the ed Coen too get stronger. lol nolonger care about that.

the worst part about being sidelined isn't even really not working out. it's figuring out what to do with the meal plan. if i should eat less as if im on a low carb day. or eat my face off

i dont forsee me taking off the gym completely for more than a week (hopefully after i get my next shot of trigger point shots on Tuesday)

for those who have been injured and out for a week how did you handle food. eat as if it was a high carb day the whole time or eat in a low carb manner?
(question is mostly for the people who like to be lean)

found my answer about food: basically keep my protein high but make sure i get in omega 3 type fats because saturated and trans fat can actually inflame more.

I just wanna drink honestly but i'll keep it clean (a glass of wine or two wont hurt tho)

Nutrition is actually a key component of injury rehabilitation that is often overlooked by athletes and health care professionals alike. In fact, a well-designed nutrition plan can speed up the healing process, while the reverse is also true. Meaning, bad dietary habits can actually impede your recovery.

You Eat Too Little
If due to injury you are training at a reduced frequency or intensity, you will need to eat less food than you normally would during training and competition. However, the mistake many athletes make is that they then decrease their overall caloric intake by too much, eating what they normally would during times of sedentary behavior or inactivity. The problem with this is that during the acute phase of injury recovery, the body’s energy needs actually increase. Basal metabolic rate (BMR) has been shown to increase by 15-50% depending on the severity of the injury. This means that your body needs the energy from food to heal, and if you are not getting enough fuel, the healing process will be delayed.

Last edited:
I appreciate the words fellas, i def brushed it off as if i rolled my ankle, waking up today it's def not that simple. thinking back to it it was def scary when i felt my legs go numb i think caffeine and adrenaline was still pumpin gbecause i was trying to shake itoff... i couldnt evne bend to unload the weight. I guess what happened was i stopped going straight up with the weightand my back curved way too much. i legit thought my inzer belt popped.

Reward with Deadlift is excellent but the risk def has me not wanting to ever go above 350. I was doing the ed Coen too get stronger. lol nolonger care about that.

the worst part about being sidelined isn't even really not working out. it's figuring out what to do with the meal plan. if i should eat less as if im on a low carb day. or eat my face off

i dont forsee me taking off the gym completely for more than a week (hopefully after i get my next shot of trigger point shots on Tuesday)

for those who have been injured and out for a week how did you handle food. eat as if it was a high carb day the whole time or eat in a low carb manner?
(question is mostly for the people who like to be lean)

Couldn't unload the weight?????

Toolbag.....lol just kidding.

I have went to the gym twice in a month. I thought I could try and get through it but I just ended up getting pissed off and left.

I just eat when I'm hungry. I'm still the same weight. I never really thought too hard about it. My chest and arms look tiny though now.

I have went to the gym twice in a month. I thought I could try and get through it but I just ended up getting pissed off and left.

I just eat when I'm hungry. I'm still the same weight. I never really thought too hard about it. My chest and arms look tiny though now.

Why were you pissed off?

I got hurt at work an it hurt so bad to use my arm all I could press with awful form was 35s. It was just more frustrating than good. I also couldn't pick up anything without it slipping out of my hand because my grip strength was real limited due to pain.

I'm gonna try again this weekend and if it goes better I'll start working on a comeback. One month of no lifting and 3 months of only going twice a week. Now I can go 5 time a week again since I got a normal work schedule.

Last edited:
Yo bros. I found jeans for all of us!

I got some Fran denim jeans yesterday and I'm not normally with that stretch **** but you can't even tell with these and they fit perfect. I just got my normal size and they fit like jeans used to before I squatted. I haven't worn jeans in a year. Feels weird but it's nice having pockets again and I could even squat in these if I wanted to.

I got the Caleb which is a slim taper.

Last edited:
Ahat, how did OH shrugs go? I tried them out, but I wasn't feeling them like I feel normal shrugs.

And as far as mobility goes, I tried these this week and they really opened me up.

Ahat, how did OH shrugs go? I tried them out, but I wasn't feeling them like I feel normal shrugs.

And as far as mobility goes, I tried these this week and they really opened me up.

Havent tried them yet. Im doing shoulders tomorrow so ill give it a try. How did they feel?

You shouldnt have any stress on the back doing any kind of deadlifts. If you are, you arent engaging glutes/hammies enough, or their weak.

I don't know about ANY stress. I'm not having pain though, just don't want to unnecessarily tax my back when I'm really just doing upper body maintenance and trying to focus on my lower body for the next few months.

Havent tried them yet. Im doing shoulders tomorrow so ill give it a try. How did they feel?
I was cued to brace my core and squeeze my glutes and focus on move my scapulae up and down. I didn't feel the stretch in my traps the way I would at the bottom of a DB shrug. It was odd.

Don't know what's so funny.

I don't know about ANY stress. I'm not having pain though, just don't want to unnecessarily tax my back when I'm really just doing upper body maintenance and trying to focus on my lower body for the next few months.

Like I said, you shouldnt be having stress on the back. Proper breathing before the lift stabilizes the lumbar spine, the hip hinge is a hip dominant movement ie hi extensors glute max and hamstrings. If you feel like you stressing the low back, you are doing them improperly.

quote name="calibeebee" url="/t/500128/stay-get-back-in-shape-vol-3-0-a-new-niketalk-a-new-thread/73410#post_27471949"]
Not true.[/quote]

Elaborate.

Last edited:
Deadlift heavy and you're gonna feel it everywhere. :lol:

No there shouldn't be sharp pain involved but you're gonna feel it...

Back
Top Bottom