STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nice work

We're all failing 5 plates. that's like 4 of us this week. We're all gonna hit it the same week too, watch.

whats yall fav muscle group/area to train?

mine used to be back, but as of late I'm say shoulders like damn I'm addicted lol.

Shoulders
Chest

Pants
Shoes
Nah but forreal probably chest or back. I love deadlifting iono what it is. I just feel like a f***ing beast when I dl

Got hurt at the gym today bros

Front squatting is fine. But my back squat just engages my lower back for some reason. 5 sets of front squats done. Was feeling good

Went to back squats. 3rd set I felt bad. Stopped and hit leg press. Then hack squat. It felt soooo bad there so i had to cut my quad day short. Ugh

Should i just stop back squatting altogether? And just so front squat only

Front squatting is fine. But my back squat just engages my lower back for some reason. 5 sets of front squats done. Was feeling good

Went to back squats. 3rd set I felt bad. Stopped and hit leg press. Then hack squat. It felt soooo bad there so i had to cut my quad day short. Ugh

Maybe split em up? Front squat one day, back squat the next leg day.

Maybe split em up? Front squat one day, back squat the next leg day.

That might be a good idea for me. I'll definitely give that a go. I just have to work on my form with back squats I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong really. E

That might be a good idea for me. I'll definitely give that a go. I just have to work on my form with back squats I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong really. E

Record yourself when you squat then watch it and see what youre doing right and wrong. My form was terrible when i first started out, still far from perfect but its better than it was. I even posted on here and got feedback. Sometimes you doing (or not doing) something that you dont even notice during the lift but you catch it when you watch video

Man Leg day use to be my fav! A beasty squat session sesh! 

But when I started cutting had a little hip problem so haven't been able to squat super heavy.

But push day is my fav right now. OHP gains! Db pressing chest has sick pumps! 
smokin.gif

You bracing good enough so your back isn't bending when you're in the hole?

Just go light for a while or keep front squatting until your healed. I know from experience if you front squat heavy your back squat will get stronger even without doing it. I didn't back squat for 3 months and added 20 pounds to it by front squatting.

Record yourself when you squat then watch it and see what youre doing right and wrong. My form was terrible when i first started out, still far from perfect but its better than it was. I even posted on here and got feedback. Sometimes you doing (or not doing) something that you dont even notice during the lift but you catch it when you watch video

Gotchu
You bracing good enough so your back isn't bending when you're in the hole?

Just go light for a while or keep front squatting until your healed. I know from experience if you front squat heavy your back squat will get stronger even without doing it. I didn't back squat for 3 months and added 20 pounds to it by front squatting.

Im doing the valsalva breathing technique. Breath in thru the mouth, hold, then squat.
Exhale on the way up.

Then Feet flat on the floor. Knees out. Core and back tight

Last edited:
Hands down leg day is my fav.

Now that i play soccer 4 days a week i miss leg day so much. I try to squeeze it in but im sore for 2 days after and can't run comfortably. So i have been trying to lay off...but man nothing beats a good squat session

talking all that smack about not doing arms...

straight did biceps/triceps today finished off with some shoulder work lmao

it was a light day probably was in the gym for 30-35 mins tops

I remember one point I focused on my quads for like 30 mins everyday, I had to stop my jeans wouldn't fit, thighs were rubbing together, and it made me real slower.

Last edited:
Down from 205 to 190 this morning in just under 4 weeks.

Hard work paying off. Trying to get down to 175. Also been upping my running. Finally broke the 5-mile threshold again. Shooting for hitting 6-8 by the end of next week.

hit a new DL PR with 415 
pimp.gif

also, that ON whey cake batter mixed with milk is fire

Man im ****** wit super sets. Feel like an animal after and it helps me breeze thru my workouts.

Also picked this up from the library earlier. Bouta see whats goody

Last edited:

My traps are really starting to fill out more from high volume deadlifts and upright rows

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man"

Built like a trap house.

Some new dude at my gym was rowing 4 plates. Then wanted to work in with my underhand bb row at 175. Showed me some **** quick and now I can crank out like 4 more sets at 175. It's the simplest stuff sometimes I swear. :lol:

Built like a trap house.

Some new dude at my gym was rowing 4 plates. Then wanted to work in with my underhand bb row at 175. Showed me some **** quick and now I can crank out like 4 more sets at 175. It's the simplest stuff sometimes I swear. :lol:

Care to share?

So I was just bending over at the hips and bracing and my lower back was bearing most the load.

He had me squat down with a more upright chest so my quads and glutes were holding the weight that way my lats got tired before my lower back.

Basically kind of sitting in the air instead of the traditional set up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom