STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Past two mornings, like 30-45 minutes after waking up, I've been drinking 12-16oz of water mixed with 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp of Cinnamon, and a little less than 1 tsp cayenne pepper. Tastes terrible, but man...does it give you a kick in the behind to start your day.

Squats
135x5
225x5
315x5
365x4
315x5x3
225x8x2
135x8

Ohp
95x5
135x3
175x3x3
135x5

Sir Charles
Lateral and front raises
Face pulls
Leg press and calf raises (superset)
Leg extensiin
Hamstring curl

Core

anybody got any amazon hookups on protein? there was a deal for $5 to test one a long time ago

any chance anyone got something they can share?

Man... did some deadlifts for the first time in some weeks. Been slacking on weights, just been balling.

Warmed up on 135 and 225s, then 5x5 of 315. Was so tempted to go 4 plates but figured keep it simple since it's been so long. Felt so good. Deadlifts > sex

I need to do something else diet wise. low carb with the refeed is killing me mentally.
aout to go back into carb cycling.
but I need to rewrite my exercise program. i want to get more HIIT in. hard with my schedule. may have to go to two a days.

watching this Perfect physique movie.
Interesting talks going on.
I trust Dennis james.

this fasted cardio vs. get a shake in first cardio/ eat and do it later debate
still boggles my mind too.
James: "Fasted cardio helps burn off the fat better....................(can't remember exact words)........But if youw ere to eat before, and only burn 400 calories during your cardio... well you only burned off the 400 calories you just ate...

Gethin: "When you take in a shake before doing morning cardio. you get yourself out of the catabolic state which turns up that metabolism for even faster fat burning while doing cardio"

i've been following Gethins model for a few weeks now and though i haven't been losing a ton of weight that I'm use to doing fasted cardio, My body fat has went down and honestly my body is looking better than I thought it could doing it this way.
muscles are rounder, but not as cut.
EDIT:
thinking about it more, Gethins make sense especially going off what James said. Protein is only 120 grams of protein at best. and with the addition of the bcaa in proteins it makes sense it goes to aplace that will help and not burn that.

I'ma try it gethins way a bit longer and report back in August when im done cutting.

I am going to go to more of a carb cycle though.have high low moderate days)just do things based on work outs adjust accordingly.
then do that nice slow bulk come august. rising up 20grams of carbs a week.

Last edited:
i had to attend my districts graduation earlier so I had less than an hour for my workout.

I did Deadlifts then row machine. big mistake lmao 

Why?

That's literally all I do for back day.

Dl heavy until near death, pause dl a few sets and some sort of row. Pull-ups I hit everyday but back day just cause there is no need.

Why?

Dl heavy until near death, pause dl a few sets and some sort of row. Pull-ups I hit everyday but back day just cause there is no need.

School me on pause dl's. Do you pause midway through the pull?

Why?

because i literally had to do everything in less than an hour. i don't like rushing workouts. gym time is me time lol

Pause 2 inches of the the ground. Hold for about 2-3 seconds (feels like forever) then pull. It's legit. Here's candito doing pause at the end of this session. He does 10 seconds tho in this video. F that

I need to do something else diet wise. low carb with the refeed is killing me mentally.
aout to go back into carb cycling.
but I need to rewrite my exercise program. i want to get more HIIT in. hard with my schedule. may have to go to two a days.

watching this Perfect physique movie.
Interesting talks going on.
I trust Dennis james.

this fasted cardio vs. get a shake in first cardio/ eat and do it later debate
still boggles my mind too.
James: "Fasted cardio helps burn off the fat better....................(can't remember exact words)........But if youw ere to eat before, and only burn 400 calories during your cardio... well you only burned off the 400 calories you just ate...

Gethin: "When you take in a shake before doing morning cardio. you get yourself out of the catabolic state which turns up that metabolism for even faster fat burning while doing cardio"

i've been following Gethins model for a few weeks now and though i haven't been losing a ton of weight that I'm use to doing fasted cardio, My body fat has went down and honestly my body is looking better than I thought it could doing it this way.
muscles are rounder, but not as cut.
EDIT:
thinking about it more, Gethins make sense especially going off what James said. Protein is only 120 grams of protein at best. and with the addition of the bcaa in proteins it makes sense it goes to aplace that will help and not burn that.

I'ma try it gethins way a bit longer and report back in August when im done cutting.

I am going to go to more of a carb cycle though.have high low moderate days)just do things based on work outs adjust accordingly.
then do that nice slow bulk come august. rising up 20grams of carbs a week.
The fasted cardio thing really got me thinking. Hmm. So you guys in here that do are literally going in there with nothing in your stomach except water to burn about 200+ calories doing cardio? Feel like that would be rough for me.

The fasted cardio thing really got me thinking. Hmm. So you guys in here that do are literally going in there with nothing in your stomach except water to burn about 200+ calories doing cardio? Feel like that would be rough for me.
in a strange way it gets me more energetic for the day.

Why?

Just a way to help fix sticking points but that video is what I do. I just do like 75% and hold for a couple seconds.

My gym is literally a 5 min walk but when I did fasted. I woke up took my caffeine pill bcaa and walked out the door to run in the neighborhood. Back in America my gym was 20 Minutes away. I had a treadmill at home also tho

I've never done pauses either. I'll give it a try.
I just started messing with rack pulls, and also trap bar dl depending which gym I go

Wanted to make my workout fam laugh
laugh.gif
 Let me know what y'all think or if you found it funny or not lol

Curling in the squat rack yay or nay? lol Whose guilty don't lie haha

After 4 long *** months I found out I have a herniated disc thats pushing on my nerve. Think I got it from bad form doing either leg press or dead lift but just guessing. Anyone have this issue before and what did you do to workout lower back core and upper legs without an insane amount of pain? Also need to decide on steroid injections or surgery. Bummed af.

Back
Top Bottom